Travis

"Only Molly knows"
MsFatRat
MsFatRat Posted Fri 20 Aug, 2010 8:15 PM Quote
I was listening to the song today for the first time. It really got to me. It is such a beautiful song. And it made me think of my Molly.

I had my puppy Molly for almost a year, and we became best buddies. She was with me everywhere I went, to the mountain, in the city.. and I taught her a lot of tricks. But she could not be with me forever, the plan was we were going to find a home for her. And was difficult to find, it took nearly a year. And now it is like one and half week since we gave her to the family, but I still miss her so badly. Like she cries when I leave her, and wakes me up early in the morning -,-". I miss her! And the song reminded me so much of Molly. And it kind of help to listen to it :) ...

By the way.. Molly is the dog on my picture :) And here another one:

http://twitpic.com/2gjqyc

The song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWKbJWt3iLM

Does anyone know the story behind the song??

Re:
roxytobias
roxytobias Posted Sat 21 Aug, 2010 3:07 AM Quote
think fran wrote it for a little boy who has a crush on his classmate named molly, and sort of did it so that this kid might someday give it to her when they're old enough... something like that.. others might want to elaborate or correct. :)

Re: Re:
happy_to_hang_around
happy_to_hang_around Posted Fri 27 Aug, 2010 7:54 PM Quote
roxytobias wrote:
think fran wrote it for a little boy who has a crush on his classmate named molly, and sort of did it so that this kid might someday give it to her when they're old enough... something like that.. others might want to elaborate or correct. :)

Travis-Disco_(Hazy_Shades_Of_Gold) wrote:
Only Molly Knows is a song that Fran wrote for a friend's three-year-old son. This boy apparently fancied a girl named Molly, but could only show his affection by punching her and pulling her hair. Fran's intention was that the boy could give the song to the girl when he had become 20, Fran thinking that the boy would probably need all the help he could get.

(Quoted from a biography that was posted by a boardie)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:17 PM