Travis

Toy Story 3
monkey
monkey Posted Mon 26 Jul, 2010 11:59 PM Quote
Is it any good? Im thinking about going to see it

Re: Toy Story 3
Meridith
Meridith Posted Tue 27 Jul, 2010 12:03 AM Quote
We all loved it! I don't think I know of anyone who hasn't liked it.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 27 Jul, 2010 1:40 AM Quote
Yup, it's really good. the opening scene is amazing.
You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll wonder why you care about inanimate objects so much.

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 27 Jul, 2010 6:56 PM Quote
We had a good time. My 6 yr old was a little scared at one point and had a problem keeping his 3D glasses from slipping off the end of his nose. I discreetly wiped away a tear at the end. Don't think anyone noticed...

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 27 Jul, 2010 7:58 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
We had a good time. My 6 yr old was a little scared at one point and had a problem keeping his 3D glasses from slipping off the end of his nose. I discreetly wiped away a tear at the end. Don't think anyone noticed...

3d glasses dont fit my head either! I think I need child sized ones. Do they make those?
I wont give it away for those who havent seen it, but there are 2 scary characters and 1 scary scene! And not just for 6 year olds.

daytimeoyster
daytimeoyster Posted Wed 28 Jul, 2010 12:44 PM Quote
I've watched it twice and I cried so hard
as the first toy story came out when i was 5
the movie reminded me of my childhood A LOT
it brought up so much childhood memories of mine
and i think most of the people who had seen the fist movie (people who are in their mid-20s or younger)when they were little would feel the same thing

deebee
deebee Posted Wed 28 Jul, 2010 12:55 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
deebee wrote:

3d glasses dont fit my head either! I think I need child sized ones. Do they make those?
I wont give it away for those who havent seen it, but there are 2 scary characters and 1 scary scene! And not just for 6 year olds.

I don't think they do make child size ones. We were all given the same glasses when we went in - silly really considering J is so small.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 28 Jul, 2010 1:54 PM Quote
My kids, especially Cat, did not like the security monkey.

WAIT A SECOND.

I just realized there was a security guard monkey. LOL!! Andrew, he's YOU!!!

Anyway, the monkey gave her nightmares for about a week. (thanks andrew)

Also during the intense scene towards the end - those who have seen it know what I am talking about - Cat was basically clawing at me she was so stressed out.

And yes during the last scene I was glad the huge 3D clown glasses were there so I could cry freely.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 28 Jul, 2010 2:45 PM Quote
At the IMAX theater where we go, they have 3 sizes of 3-D glasses. Child size, medium adult, and large adult. They belong to the theater though, and you have to return them at the end of the show. (And yes, they clean them.)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 28 Jul, 2010 3:07 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
My kids, especially Cat, did not like the security monkey.

WAIT A SECOND.

I just realized there was a security guard monkey. LOL!! Andrew, he's YOU!!!

Anyway, the monkey gave her nightmares for about a week. (thanks andrew)

THE MONKEY IS SO SCARY!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 28 Jul, 2010 6:08 PM Quote
http://earthfirst.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/cymbal-monkey.jpg

No joke this thing is majorly creepy.

still i think Andrew should make this his avatar.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 28 Jul, 2010 6:30 PM Quote
There was some spooky show that used to come on late at night (late 80's, early 90's?) that had one of those monkeys in the intro. Seriously scary.

monkey
monkey Posted Wed 28 Jul, 2010 11:49 PM Quote
i was thinking about taking my wee niece to see the film the morn (she's 4) not sure it's such a good idea now. I changed the pic just for you Anne

melissam3173
melissam3173 Posted Thu 29 Jul, 2010 1:12 AM Quote
My sister, my neice, and I went to see it and loved it. My sis cried at the end but I did not (though it was very sad). Well I think it had a bittersweet ending cos they got what they wanted. :)

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 29 Jul, 2010 3:01 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
i was thinking about taking my wee niece to see the film the morn (she's 4) not sure it's such a good idea now. I changed the pic just for you Anne

How sweet! Well, she might be a bit young. I think the monkey wouldn't have been so scary if it weren't so damn loud! I think if you do take her, maybe don't take her to the 3D one. Not sure if it makes that much of a difference. Is she easily scared?

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:59 PM