Travis

Re: In the morning
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 22 Jul, 2010 5:07 PM Quote

I was just coming to post this.
This was my reaction when I found out about this, as I'm not going to listen to it until I have my own coppy of the album.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 22 Jul, 2010 5:11 PM Quote
oh wow, "Anything" sounds beautiful!!! Fran's voice sounds so sweet. ahhh.

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Thu 22 Jul, 2010 6:25 PM Quote
Another one up on Youtube: 'Fly In My Ointment'

mario_healy
mario_healy Posted Thu 22 Jul, 2010 6:27 PM Quote
Buttercups is amazing! i liked a lot the live version, the album version is even better!

fly in the ointment is on youtube, sounds good too, so far Anything is my least favorite but its still good

Monica
Monica Posted Thu 22 Jul, 2010 7:02 PM Quote
In The Morning sounds fantastic (very funny at 1:42) and Buttercups is beautiful. Well done, Fran :)

melissam3173
melissam3173 Posted Thu 22 Jul, 2010 7:07 PM Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS-QM2XTq64

Found this, not sure if anyone has saw it yet :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 22 Jul, 2010 9:39 PM Quote
In The Morning is my favorite after one listen, still they're pretty bad recordings so I won't listen to them more than once.

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Thu 22 Jul, 2010 11:05 PM Quote
Woohoo, 'Buttercups' is beautiful!

Excellent choice as the first single, Fran.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 22 Jul, 2010 11:29 PM Quote
some guy in the background of a Buttercups video says "I like his Irish accent." he is immediately corrected by a chick with him but I kinda yelled "SCOTTISH" at my computer.

elodie
elodie Posted Fri 23 Jul, 2010 4:38 PM Quote
OK I listened to them only once but I can say they are all really great.

Anything is really beautiful, I definitely like the prechorus and chorus. His high pitched voice is impressive.
And Fran has really improved his piano skills as well (In The Morning). I can feel the massive influence of Roger Hodgson from Supertramp in it...

milos
milos Posted Thu 29 Jul, 2010 2:11 PM Quote
In the Morning sounds fantastic! I can't wait to hear the studio version. Anything is beautiful! Fly in the Ointment reminds me of Bob Dylan. Fran's singing is amazing in all of these songs. But I have to admit that at times I think to myself what a fantastic Travis album this could have been. :D I fully respect Fran's wish to do a solo album but I can't help missing Dougie's bass lines, Andy's guitar work and Neil's drumming. :(

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 29 Jul, 2010 4:48 PM Quote
milos wrote:
But I have to admit that at times I think to myself what a fantastic Travis album this could have been. :D I fully respect Fran's wish to do a solo album but I can't help missing Dougie's bass lines, Andy's guitar work and Neil's drumming. :(

I know what you mean. I don't have strong feelings on it, but i do think that myself sometimes. It would be great for this to be a Travis album, but musically it's going to be close to the same. :)

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 11:13 AM