Travis

Wreckorder to be released in October?
milos
milos Posted Tue 22 Jun, 2010 11:51 AM Quote
According to this - "An intimate evening of acoustic music with songs from his debut solo album Wreckorder, to be released in October."

BTW, a cool new photo of Fran! :D

Re: Wreckorder to be released in October?
cornax
cornax Posted Tue 22 Jun, 2010 1:40 PM Quote
I was just wondering when it would be out. I guess it won't be available to purchase when I see him with Keane in August. Rats.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 22 Jun, 2010 3:51 PM Quote
It's a bit disappointing. Why does it take so long? He finished it ages ago. Never mind. I'm sure it'll be great, and well worth the wait. :)

milos
milos Posted Tue 22 Jun, 2010 4:23 PM Quote
I agree. It's really strange because when Fran announced his new blog, and that was at the beginning of January, the album had already been finished if I remember correctly. Although, he did add a couple of new songs later.

It seems that Fran will be adding some solo dates in US/Canada after his tour with Keane. I wonder how much touring for Wreckorder he has in plan after the release date in October (if the news is true). If it continues in 2011 there's a good chance we'll have to wait until 2012 for a new Travis album.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 22 Jun, 2010 7:10 PM Quote
October? Damn, I was hoping sooner. If it's released on the first days of oct. I might be able to get it in Europe. Otherwise (considering how long it took for Ode to be released in Argentina after the rest of the world already had it) I'll have to wait a hundred years... if it is released in Argentina at all.
And so long to my dream of seeing Fran in september in Europe, I guess.
MaZn, being a South American Travis fan sucks.

I know I'm being whiny, I'm sorry. I'm just feeling frustrated and pessimistic. Just ignore my rant, haha.

milos
milos Posted Tue 22 Jun, 2010 7:45 PM Quote
Well, it's not impossible that Fran will play some shows in Europe in September. After all, he's playing in US/Canada in July/August which is even further away from October! :)

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Wed 23 Jun, 2010 12:51 AM Quote
At least we now all know a definite release month for Wreckorder! :D

October will be here before too long, and we'll have the album and hopefully lots of gigs, many in the UK please Fran!

The anticipation is building already, it'll be really high in a few months. This really adds to the excitement and buzz about it, don't you think?

I can't wait to hear the finished album in full, I'm positive that Fran has done a great job!!

closergms1968
closergms1968 Posted Wed 23 Jun, 2010 10:24 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
October? Damn, I was hoping sooner. If it's released on the first days of oct. I might be able to get it in Europe. Otherwise (considering how long it took for Ode to be released in Argentina after the rest of the world already had it) I'll have to wait a hundred years... if it is released in Argentina at all.
And so long to my dream of seeing Fran in september in Europe, I guess.
MaZn, being a South American Travis fan sucks.

I know I'm being whiny, I'm sorry. I'm just feeling frustrated and pessimistic. Just ignore my rant, haha.

Dont worry Juli.
Fran will tour europe in September, starting with UK or Germany.
Come on Fran, make Juli happy. :-)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 23 Jun, 2010 11:04 AM Quote
We don't have a definite release date for Wreckorder. It's not been confirmed on here or on Fran's site. It looks like it may be October though. And i guess it's taking a while simply because Fran wants to spend time with his family before a busy year ahead, as he said on his blog. I don't know how much time and effort he intends to put into Wreckorder, we'll find out over the coming months.

Considering in 2008 Fran kept speaking about how long it took bands to release albums and albums should be released quicker, it's strange that it's now looking like being at least 3 years between Ode and album 7.

blomma
blomma Posted Wed 23 Jun, 2010 2:17 PM Quote
Thank you milos:) Anyway we'll just have to wait...
and,so cooool photo of Fran<3<3<3

joss
joss Posted Wed 23 Jun, 2010 5:20 PM Quote
in October? so late:(

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 24 Jun, 2010 7:30 PM Quote
closergms1968 wrote:

Dont worry Juli.
Fran will tour europe in September, starting with UK or Germany.
Come on Fran, make Juli happy. :-)

Haha, that's so sweet. Thanks for the optimism! :o)

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Thu 24 Jun, 2010 10:59 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
We don't have a definite release date for Wreckorder. It's not been confirmed on here or on Fran's site.

True, but the write up blurb for the US gigs sounds very much like an official press release perhaps released a bit early than he anticipated. It wouldn't surprise me if Fran delivers us more details about Wreckorder in the next few weeks, probably before the Keane support dates.

Are there any US fans going to these by the way, hopefully we can get more details and info through them about the songs on the album. :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 24 Jun, 2010 11:44 PM Quote
gladsadmad wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
We don't have a definite release date for Wreckorder. It's not been confirmed on here or on Fran's site.

True, but the write up blurb for the US gigs sounds very much like an official press release perhaps released a bit early than he anticipated. It wouldn't surprise me if Fran delivers us more details about Wreckorder in the next few weeks, probably before the Keane support dates.

Are there any US fans going to these by the way, hopefully we can get more details and info through them about the songs on the album. :)

You're right, that probably is the case, i just wanted to make it clear it wasn't truly confirmed by an official source. :) I think we'll probably get news of the release date from fans coming back from his US support shows.

And of course, you're right, i was thinking about it recently, what songs is he going to play? Of course as a support he'll have enough solo songs if he does the whole (or most) of the album. When he (or if he) does his own gigs, will he pull out some Travis songs or will he stick to solo stuff? It'll be interesting. I mean, you've got Fran Healy on stage. Who isn't going to want a bit of Driftwood? :)

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Fri 25 Jun, 2010 12:57 AM Quote
gladsadmad wrote:

There are a couple of us who are going to the Vegas show and tomorrow I'm going to get tickets for the Seattle show in August. I'll post as much as I can after the shows.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:35 PM