Travis

Which songs would you bring back?
milos
milos Posted Wed 09 Jun, 2010 12:07 PM Quote
When Travis come back and tour again, which songs would you like to see back in the setlist that they haven't played in a while? I hope they'll play more from 12 Memories, especially Happy to Hang Around. I love that song. It would be also cool to bring back The Fear (rockier live version), Good Day to Die and Big Chair (full band). There are plenty more but these are my favourite candidates at the moment! :D

Re: Which songs would you bring back?
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 09 Jun, 2010 12:43 PM Quote
My setlist would probably look something like this:

Tied To The 90's
Selfish Jean
Happy To Hang Around
J. Smith
A Good Day To Die
Quite Free
Big Chair
Quicksand
Something Anything/Long Way Down
Side Wide Open
Follow The Light
Happy
Turn
Pipe Dreams
Somewhere Else
3 Times And You Lose
The Cage
Writing To Reach You
Sing
Before You Were Young

Encore:
All I Want To Do Is Rock
As You Are
Why Does It Always Rain On Me?
Closer

milos
milos Posted Wed 09 Jun, 2010 12:54 PM Quote
Great setlist! They should definitely play Quicksand and Follow The Light more often. And 3 Times and You Lose as a full song, not just a snippet at the start of Chinese Blues like on Ode tour. Quite Free is another great song which they rarely played live.

I wonder how many Ode songs will be played on the next tour. J. Smith and Something Anything for sure, I think. Chinese Blues and Before You Were Young maybe. I don't know why they dropped Song to Self in the second part of Ode To J.Smith tour. I think it's a great live song, especially the extended version.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 09 Jun, 2010 5:25 PM Quote
Milos, are you in my mind or what? Lol. I completely agree with you on everything you said, haha. Looks like we have a very similar taste on Travis songs. :o)
And I'd add Tied To The 90s and Blue Flashing Light (the latter is not so unusual, but since I've never heard it live and it's one of my favourite Travis songs...). Oh, and Last Train!

milos
milos Posted Wed 09 Jun, 2010 7:34 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Milos, are you in my mind or what? Lol. I completely agree with you on everything you said, haha. Looks like we have a very similar taste on Travis songs. :o)

I assure you I'm not! :D But that's nice to read! :) I LOVE Blue Flashing Light, it's one of my favourites. I just didn't mention it because they played it on Ode To J.Smith tour.

I still haven't seen Travis live so whatever they play when I eventually do, it won't matter to me as long as I'm there! :D But I was watching live performance of Happy To Hang Around on Youtube yesterday and it just came to me "WHY aren't they playing it anymore?! :D It's so cool." So that's why I started this topic.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 09 Jun, 2010 8:01 PM Quote
Me and Juli have a similar taste when it comes to Travis songs and so i agree with you too! :)

That's a great set list Alex. Very close to what i would say too.

I'd love to have more 12 Memories too, because they don't play them any more. I have a feeling that in the future, Ode To J Smith will be the same though i wouldn't mind that so much even though i'd love Last Words and Quite Free added.

jocelyn
jocelyn Posted Thu 10 Jun, 2010 1:55 AM Quote
Quote:
I hope they'll play more from 12 Memories, especially Happy to Hang Around. I love that song. It would be also cool to bring back The Fear (rockier live version)

yes!!! 12 memories!!! happy to hang around,the fear,walking down the hill,somewhere else...
oohhh...and i want them to play afterglow!!!! i love that song!!..and well some others songs of the other albums that are not singles like the line is fine,good day to die,luv,the last laugh of the laughter,the cage,last train,safe,big chair,battleships,one night,under the moonlight etc...

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Thu 24 Jun, 2010 2:50 AM Quote
milos wrote:

I still haven't seen Travis live so whatever they play when I eventually do, it won't matter to me as long as I'm there! :D But I was watching live performance of Happy To Hang Around on Youtube yesterday and it just came to me "WHY aren't they playing it anymore?! :D It's so cool." So that's why I started this topic.

I have already seen Travis live but have never heard Happy To Hang Around live :o(. When they came for the first time to Mexico they played it, unfortunately I missed that gig :o(. So, I would love that they bring back that song, it's great to play in a concert. And I love how it opens the Alexandra Palace DVD.

kjrawk
kjrawk Posted Fri 25 Jun, 2010 1:31 AM Quote
milos wrote:
It would be also cool to bring back The Fear (rockier live version)

AGREE to the fullest. Great set list to TheBoyWithAName!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:21 PM