Travis

Help needed
megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 09 May, 2010 10:00 PM Quote
I have to come up with an idea of a topic study by tomorrow and I just can't! It has to be about non-profit marketing and be problem based. So anything about strategies, marketing, campaigns in NGOs etc. I mean, I have ideas but I simply can't formulate any problem/paradox I could analyze.

Any ideas? Please?

Re: Help needed
minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 09 May, 2010 10:20 PM Quote
what about something to do with PETA? They are probably one of the most prominant in terms of advertising and marketing, but their tactics are often quite offputting to many people. Im not sure specifically what you could look at because I dont exactly know what your project has to be, but thats the first thing that came to mind.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 09 May, 2010 11:31 PM Quote
The first thing that jumped to my mind was UNICEF or something but there are also plenty of organisations that are regulatory like The Law Society which is supposedly an ombudsman for the profession. Their employees are paid a wage so it's not voluntary where is the line between paying wages/"running the show" and making profits.

Dubz

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 10 May, 2010 12:58 AM Quote
Thanks guys, I will let you know how tomorrow's meeting with the supervisor goes.

monkey
monkey Posted Mon 10 May, 2010 2:55 PM Quote
how did you get on?

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 10 May, 2010 4:06 PM Quote
Ok, so I just came home from the meeting and my supervisor really liked my idea :). I decided to write about Africa in NGOs' campaigns and if they provide its false image. I actually thought of it after Kristy mentioned PETA's offputing campaigns so thanks again!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 10 May, 2010 5:55 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Ok, so I just came home from the meeting and my supervisor really liked my idea :). I decided to write about Africa in NGOs' camapigns and if they provide its false image. I actually thought of it after Kristy mentioned PETA's offputing camapigns so thanks again!

Very interesting! I find it very annoying when people talk about Africa as if it was just one big country. Or that song about how children in Africa won't have "a white Christmas", when in half of the continent it's summer in December and not all the regions have snow in winter. I know that there's a good intention behind the song, but ethnocentrism is annoying.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 10 May, 2010 6:10 PM Quote
http://www.lamebook.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/GeAWEgraphy1.png

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 10 May, 2010 6:13 PM Quote
That thing made me cry, Anne!

And I'd like to know where exactly are "the desert" and Egypt if not in Africa...

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 10 May, 2010 6:18 PM Quote
Ahhh, my head hurts!!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 10 May, 2010 6:22 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
That thing made me cry, Anne!

And I'd like to know where exactly are "the desert" and Egypt if not in Africa...

Now that I think about it, perhaps "the desert" is in Error_1!'s twilight zone.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 10 May, 2010 6:54 PM Quote
I know, it's hard to know where to start. It's all so painful and confusing. I must confess I take some small comfort that this idiot cannot be an American, given her use of the word "realise."

We got our share with the map shortage girl.

I think you're right - this mysterious desert possibly not attached to any country or continent must be where Error_1! resides.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Mon 10 May, 2010 7:15 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I know, it's hard to know where to start. It's all so painful and confusing. I must confess I take some small comfort that this idiot cannot be an American, given her use of the word "realise."

I think you're right - this mysterious desert possibly not attached to any country or continent must be where Error_1! resides.

Map shortage strikes again !

AbsGinger
weirdmom wrote:

AbsGinger
weirdmom wrote:

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:50 PM