minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 01 Feb, 2011 9:42 PM Quote
I might be booking my flight today. OI!

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
monkey
monkey Posted Wed 02 Feb, 2011 1:26 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
You just know that if anything were to happen to Andrew, his current profile picture is the one that would be shown on the news.

The snowblower repairman called in sick yesterday. They hope he can get to it today. Yeah. Me too.

"He was always such a nice quiet lad", "Always ready to help" the neighbours will say after the media reports he's gone on a "spree".

Dubz

haha cheers guys ;). i think it gets worse by the day

Kristy, when is the big move?

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 02 Feb, 2011 1:27 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
You just know that if anything were to happen to Andrew, his current profile picture is the one that would be shown on the news.

LOL!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 02 Feb, 2011 1:51 AM Quote
monkey wrote:

Overnight flight on Feb 13th, which means I arrive on Valentines Day. awww. Same day at Meggypoo!

monkey
monkey Posted Wed 02 Feb, 2011 2:09 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
monkey wrote:

Overnight flight on Feb 13th, which means I arrive on Valentines Day. awww. Same day at Meggypoo!

wow that's pretty soon. How's the preparation going? all sorted with a bank account?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 02 Feb, 2011 2:25 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
minnmess wrote:
monkey wrote:

wow that's pretty soon. How's the preparation going? all sorted with a bank account?

Can't do it until I get there. Seems I have to go to a branch with a proof of address and ID to get the process going. Which will be hard because I don't have any proof of address. They won't accept a mobile phone bill and I won't have any other bills because we are staying with friend. We are hoping the people we are staying with will draw up a rental contract that the bank will accept.
Also looked into a National Insurance Card which I also can't do until I get there.
The next week will be filled with packing, cleaning, cancelling my car insurance, going to the bank, and Im sure 10934930 that I'm forgetting at the moment.
oh, I guess I can legit start looking for jobs now! CRAZY

deebee
deebee Posted Wed 02 Feb, 2011 8:56 AM Quote
Just got back from London last night. I did think of you yesterday Kristy as I wondered down Oxford St in front of Topshop. I was tempted to warn them of your iminent arrival but I resisted.
Anyway, I feel like sh*t today and I'm off to the Docs at 11am. I have no voice and a cough that sounds like I smoke 40 cigs a day.
Apart from that, London was great and we even saw blue sky for part of our visit :)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 02 Feb, 2011 1:40 PM Quote
i'm on my way back from Dun Laoghaire where I walked along the East Pier, it's about 2miles and stunning,

I also let rip with both barrels at someone last night just because I was pissed off & drunk.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 02 Feb, 2011 4:27 PM Quote
Been out shoveling and snowblowing. We got about 6-8 inches, I guess. Certainly not the storm of the century they were hyping. But the snow is blowing around so much that there are 2 foot drifts in places. Not to mention all the snow that the plows left in our driveway. But at least it's light and fluffy.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 02 Feb, 2011 4:42 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Been out shoveling and snowblowing. We got about 6-8 inches, I guess. Certainly not the storm of the century they were hyping. But the snow is blowing around so much that there are 2 foot drifts in places. Not to mention all the snow that the plows left in our driveway. But at least it's light and fluffy.

Doesn't sound the worst, but probably something you could do without. Hope it clears soon.

Dubz

eta: thanks for the pm, I will take it onboard, I promise

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 02 Feb, 2011 4:45 PM Quote
The walk i did today was the East Pier.

There's a few photies up on my spacebook.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs258.snc6/180651_10150177304827222_603847221_8848633_223653_n.jpg

Dubz

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 02 Feb, 2011 11:02 PM Quote
Catherine has an ear infection. To recap this week:
1) Brian fractured the tip of his thumb
2) Aidan has strep throat and H1N1
3) At least one cat has a contagious (to animals only) parasite that requires us to treat all three cats and the dog
4) previously mentioned ear infection

I am looking forward to next week's adventures.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 02 Feb, 2011 11:23 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
3) At least one cat has a contagious (to animals only) parasite that requires us to treat all three cats and the dog

I really hope all kids, cats and husband are feeling better soon, and well enough to look after Mum next week as she sounds like she might need it...

Dubz

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Wed 02 Feb, 2011 11:28 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

Jeez, when it rains it pours eh? Hope next week is better for you!

I've had a pretty busy week, was working all weekend at a sci-fi convention! Because I am now on the committee of the sci-fi society in my university. Was great fun, met a famous guy from Stargate Atlantis. Also went to a ball last week. College life is fun :D

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 02 Feb, 2011 11:32 PM Quote
fenchurch wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

Jeez, when it rains it pours eh?

I've had a pretty busy week, was working all weekend at a sci-fi convention! Because I am now on the committee of the sci-fi society in my university. Was great fun, met a famous guy from Stargate Atlantis. Also went to a ball last week. College life is fun :D

I meant to ask Fenchurch ?? As I've recently be re-reading the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series and more specifically "So Long and Thanks for All the Fish" which contains a certain character ??

Dubz

Pages Previous 1...63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:16 AM