Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 22 Jan, 2011 9:47 AM Quote
Ma Heid is fuckin' burstin'.

Went to meet a mate for a pint yesterday around lunch time, left the pub after midnight !!

Hoose mingin' of chips

Dubz

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sat 22 Jan, 2011 2:39 PM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
I had trouble getting to sleep last night and ended up getting about 3 hours. Then went to work. Now I'm sleepy.

I haven't been able to sleep properly in over a month. Most days I'm surviving college on 1 or 2 hours sleep. And then I barely eat when I'm in college, jeez I'm so unhealthy.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 22 Jan, 2011 6:45 PM Quote
Just back from the pub,

Is there anything more depressing than old men making a pint last two hours while clutching their betting slips and staring lifelessly at the Horse Racing on TV ??

Maybe the younger guy sitting in the corner getting steadily pished while doing the Irish Times crossword, then reading Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, thought I was gonna get lynched by the local braindeads, Getting strange looks that seemed to say "Look he's reading a buke, and thur's nae picturs init", "It's no even a durty buke" so eventually gave up and joined the baying crowd watching tha fitba'.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 22 Jan, 2011 7:40 PM Quote
So, Dubz is getting drunk again, and I'm sitting here sipping a glass of chocolate milk. It must be a low will-power day.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 22 Jan, 2011 8:13 PM Quote
A low week never mind day. Fuck It !!

I'm not getting drunk, I'm getting paralytic, means I don't feel stuff (till the morning anyway, but I know where to get an illegal drink on a Sunday morning, It sometimes pays to be clued up about these things).

Dubz

eta: POITIN !!! Jaysus this stuff is seriously strong

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 22 Jan, 2011 11:06 PM Quote
I found lice on my girl again. So frustrating! I am currently washing and spraying everything.

again.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 22 Jan, 2011 11:12 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I found lice on my girl again. So frustrating! I am currently washing and spraying everything.

again.

Ugh, sorry to hear that, Anne. I have no experience with it and therefore no tips, but good luck. It must be very frustrating. Is it going around at her school? Maybe she got reinfected there.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 23 Jan, 2011 5:38 AM Quote
for some reason my night ended with walking around a 24 hour grocery store taking pictures with things that I won't be able to get in the UK. Included is chocolate milk in a bag, milk bag holders, poutine sauce and a discarded Tim Hortons cup beside maple syrup.
If it makes it any less sad, I wasnt alone doing this as some Saturday night actitivy. that doesnt make it any less weird does it?

mili
mili Posted Sun 23 Jan, 2011 9:45 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
for some reason my night ended with walking around a 24 hour grocery store taking pictures with things that I won't be able to get in the UK. Included is chocolate milk in a bag, milk bag holders, poutine sauce and a discarded Tim Hortons cup beside maple syrup.
If it makes it any less sad, I wasnt alone doing this as some Saturday night actitivy. that doesnt make it any less weird does it?

I've seen both milk bags and milk bag holders at Sainsbury's, so all is not lost!

monkey
monkey Posted Sun 23 Jan, 2011 1:13 PM Quote
My hair clippers have broke and i'm considering going to a hairdressers for the first time in about 14/15years. I wouldn't mind leaving it but my hair just grows up and out

I was getting ready for work this morning (about 5am) when i heard a fuuny noise outside. I opened the door to find some dirty bastard with his trousers at his ankles pissing on a neighbours car

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 23 Jan, 2011 1:51 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
My hair clippers have broke and i'm considering going to a hairdressers for the first time in about 14/15years. I wouldn't mind leaving it but my hair just grows up and out

I was getting ready for work this morning (about 5am) when i heard a fuuny noise outside. I opened the door to find some dirty bastard with his trousers at his ankles pissing on a neighbours car

You must have "guid scots hair" like mine, I got a grade 0 at the barbers just before Christmas, I reckon it's already grown back in (very thickly) to about 4 or 5.

Frankie Boyle says "The most Scottish thing he ever saw was in Bathgate, he was driving through it one night when he seen a man leaning against a door to a house having a piss, who then proceeded to take out his keys and unlocked his door to enter !!"

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 23 Jan, 2011 2:23 PM Quote
mili wrote:
minnmess wrote:

yyyeeeesssss!
I've seen both milk bags and milk bag holders at Sainsbury's, so all is not lost!

deebee
deebee Posted Sun 23 Jan, 2011 2:38 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

again.

In the UK I used Tea tree oil shampoo as a preventative method but I can't find it here unfortunately. Used regularly I found it kept them away from my son but once you've got them, you need the classic nit shampoo and comb. Do you use a spray for your sofas and car seats? I find that they often get forgotten. It's a product which you spray, leave for a while and then hoover afterwards (ideal when you can't put things in the washing machine) Anyway, good luck because I know that treating this is a toughy!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 23 Jan, 2011 4:05 PM Quote
Washing everything I can, putting pillows in the dryer, and vacuuming and spraying the rest.

I've seen those shampoos but I heard it's better to just mix tea tree oil with your regular shampoo since it's probably a more potent mix. So we've been doing that.

And combing and combing and combing.

Speaking of haircuts I really need one. I had to cancel one a few weeks ago because I found some lice on me (BLECK). I was about to schedule a new one but now that Catherine has it again I feel like I need to wait just to make sure.

On the plus side my exercise/eating plan continues to go well. I've lost 3 lbs (1.36 kg) so far.

deebee
deebee Posted Sun 23 Jan, 2011 4:32 PM Quote
Keep on combing........

and WOW 3 lbs means you're well on your way to meeting your target :)

Pages Previous 1...56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:03 AM