Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 16 May, 2010 11:42 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
I was stupid enough to go out last night after work with another 6am start this morning. I'm getting too old for this

I was stupid enough to get drunk 2 nights in a row. Ouch. I definitely am too old for this.

monkey
monkey Posted Sun 16 May, 2010 1:57 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
monkey wrote:
I was stupid enough to go out last night after work with another 6am start this morning. I'm getting too old for this

I was stupid enough to get drunk 2 nights in a row. Ouch. I definitely am too old for this.

http://www.outdoorandpatio.com/i//Teak_Rocking_Chair2_TR22.jpg

pull up a chair

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 16 May, 2010 7:21 PM Quote
I got called a teenager yesterday. hmm. Apperently I dont need the old people rocking chair quite yet.

monkey
monkey Posted Sun 16 May, 2010 8:57 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
I got called a teenager yesterday. hmm. Apperently I dont need the old people rocking chair quite yet.

why were you called a teenager?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 16 May, 2010 10:00 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
minnmess wrote:

why were you called a teenager?

I was on the elevator at the same time as some guys that were like "and now we are surrounded by teengage girls." there were 2 of us. our collective age was 50!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 19 May, 2010 11:33 PM Quote
I got new glasses and summer hockey start tonight. woots.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 20 May, 2010 4:38 PM Quote
Anne is totally right about men and boobs. It's not that I didn't know she was right but today's been too much. I went to have a blood test and at the lab they had a bowl with rosettes, because it's the week of the Bicentenary of May Revolution (May 25 1810). It's a huuuge national celebration.
http://wiki.gleducar.org.ar/images/thumb/9/99/Escarapela.png/64px-Escarapela.png
Anyway, everyone has a rosette these days, so I grabbed one and pinned it on my sweater. I got four remarks on my boobs due to that thing in less than an hour. Three of them by total strangers on the street, the other one from a man that works here. It's very uncomfortable. I'm not wearing it anymore, I don't care how anti-patriotic that makes me.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 20 May, 2010 4:49 PM Quote
that has never happened at Remembrance Day with poppies!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 20 May, 2010 4:50 PM Quote
Sorry Juli.

And it cannot help that the rosette itself looks like a boob.

I know the power that boobs have over men but it is still crazy to me that strangers will say something to a woman!

It's gross.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 20 May, 2010 5:29 PM Quote
It wouldn't happen to me, even if I wore one on each side.

Juli, perhaps your holiday should be changed to a month when it's jacket weather. Of course, they'd have to change the name of the holiday, too. That could be a problem.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Thu 20 May, 2010 5:37 PM Quote
I had my last day of school today...ever. Now I just have the exams and I'm done. It's kind of a crazy feeling. My German teacher made the whole class cry by giving a huge speech and hugging us all as we went out the door!

Other than that I spent the whole day making butterflies to decorate the hall for our Graduation next week. And I got my hair cut!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 20 May, 2010 6:53 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Sorry Juli.

And it cannot help that the rosette itself looks like a boob.

I know the power that boobs have over men but it is still crazy to me that strangers will say something to a woman!

It's gross.

I agree it's gross, but it's not so unusual in Buenos Aires. Men on the street say things to women quite often. Not every men, of course. Sometimes you get whistles, sometimes compliments, sometimes vulgar or sexual comments. Some even get creative.
And my theory is that it doesn't matter how pretty/ugly you are. As long as you look remotely like a woman, some men will most likely say something to you when you walk by. You get used to it, but it still makes me very uncomfortable, so most of the time I'm with my mp3 player when I'm walking and I do my best to ignore them. I think most women do the same.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 22 May, 2010 2:53 AM Quote
I wore a mini skirt once while in Madrid and the amount of whistles, remarks, looks an so on was so overwhelming and creepy that I wanted to go home :(.

Also: why can guys be great when they are with you but RETARDED when they're with their mates?

monkey
monkey Posted Sat 22 May, 2010 4:05 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

Also: why can guys be great when they are with you but RETARDED when they're with their mates?

that's true and a good question

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 22 May, 2010 7:19 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

that's true and a good question

Hahah Currently I am thinking about the very same question. "My guy" and his mate joined us for lunch the day before yesterday and it was just plain awful! They behaved like children starting a foodfight - at university!
At somepoint I left for my classes, but not without giving Manu, my guy, an angry look.

4 hours later he called, apologising for his friend and making up for him by inviting me into the cinema :)

So...what's all this dumb-face behaviour all about? I mean nothing against food fights, I mean hello :) God knows I'm all for fun. But they were seriously retarted for that few hours...

Writing that: I just wanted to say hello again :9

Hello!

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:06 AM