Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 10 Jan, 2011 3:26 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
I've had to work the last 17days on dayshift. As someone who has worked nights for the last 2+years it all but killed me. Also, getting out of bed in the freezing cold at 5am is no fun at all

That's a Killer, I used to have to swap days and nights, it knocks lumps out of your system, Hope it doesn't take too long to recover mate.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 10 Jan, 2011 6:51 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Thanks again guys,

Did an excellent interview with the agency this morning, My CV/name has been put forward and I should get an interview with the actual client on Wed/Thur.

Dubz

Great! I was just about to ask how it went.

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 10 Jan, 2011 7:41 PM Quote
Nice one Dubz. Hope it leads to something positive!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 10 Jan, 2011 7:56 PM Quote

Congratulations Dubz! Good luck on the next interview!

And good luck to Kristy and Megg moving to London! I'm sure it will all be wonderful. :o)

mili
mili Posted Mon 10 Jan, 2011 9:25 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

And good luck to Kristy and Megg moving to London! I'm sure it will all be wonderful. :o)

ditto!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 10 Jan, 2011 11:17 PM Quote
What a day! Well just to update you on last couple of days - my 22yr old nephew was rushed to hospital on Saturday with suspected meningitis and/or swine flu. Really bad way vomiting, sensitivity to light, couldn't move neck or walk, high fever and flu like symptoms. They took a lumbar puncture yesterday morning - got results last night ruling out meningitis but got word today it's a strain of swine flu - pretty severe. He is talking now and eating a little. On antibiotics etc but still can't walk and hospitalised and in isolation!!! I have been in constant contact with him :-) and still getting over this icky cold/chest infection. Then my sister got home fro
Visiting her son only to find my other niece v sick - rang docs and she is now rushed up to hospital also!!!! Craziness!!! We all in isolation and need to see about injections tomorrow - however I was in work today. Don't know what tomorrow will bring. But I'm praying tis all ok and I ain't a carrier :-). Hate my loved ones being ill :-((

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 11 Jan, 2011 1:24 AM Quote
Peewee wrote:
What a day! Well just to update you on last couple of days - my 22yr old nephew was rushed to hospital on Saturday with suspected meningitis and/or swine flu. Really bad way vomiting, sensitivity to light, couldn't move neck or walk, high fever and flu like symptoms. They took a lumbar puncture yesterday morning - got results last night ruling out meningitis but got word today it's a strain of swine flu - pretty severe. He is talking now and eating a little. On antibiotics etc but still can't walk and hospitalised and in isolation!!! I have been in constant contact with him :-) and still getting over this icky cold/chest infection. Then my sister got home fro
Visiting her son only to find my other niece v sick - rang docs and she is now rushed up to hospital also!!!! Craziness!!! We all in isolation and need to see about injections tomorrow - however I was in work today. Don't know what tomorrow will bring. But I'm praying tis all ok and I ain't a carrier :-). Hate my loved ones being ill :-((

Wendy, that sounds horrible!! I sure do hope that everyone gets much better soon!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Tue 11 Jan, 2011 6:52 AM Quote
I really don't want to go to work in the morning. We're supposed to get alot of snow and I might have a sinus infection. My nose and head are stuffy. Bleh. I just want to sleep in all day. :(

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 11 Jan, 2011 11:48 AM Quote
mili wrote:
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

ditto!

Thanks guys!

Good luck Dubz! Fingers crossed!

Today I've already managed to destroy my jeans, shirt and carpet (while eating a yoghurt) and break the seashells I brought from Greece a decade ago into tiny pieces (while reaching for a book).
Beware, London.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 11 Jan, 2011 1:50 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

Today I've already managed to destroy my jeans, shirt and carpet (while eating a yoghurt) and break the seashells I brought from Greece a decade ago into tiny pieces (while reaching for a book).
Beware, London.

While that is very sad (well mostly the seashells) I have to say that is sort of impressive Megg.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 11 Jan, 2011 2:54 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:

He couldn't move his neck or walk? What is causing that? Sounds really serious. Hope everyone ends up ok, Wendy.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 11 Jan, 2011 3:38 PM Quote
Isn't sore neck/paralysis (sp?) a sign of Meningitis (sp?)

Hope the kids are better soon Wends, I once had a girlfriend who's sister contracted TB, the family still have to have blood tests and injections every six months or so.

I went for a walk today and explored some of Dublin, I walked 6 miles, down the North Circular Road on to the East Wall Road over looking the bay to Clontarf and then round by The Point Depot and back into the city centre along the Quays (The Liffey), passed The Jeannie Johnston Famine Ship and various other landmarks.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 11 Jan, 2011 3:43 PM Quote
Thanks for all the Good Luck messages, the vibes must be working...

just got a call to tell me I have an interview on Thursday, just waiting on callback with the time.

Thanks guys you really are the best.

Dubz

Meridith
Meridith Posted Tue 11 Jan, 2011 3:50 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Thanks for all the Good Luck messages, the vibes must be working...

just got a call to tell me I have an interview on Thursday, just waiting on callback with the time.

Thanks guys you really are the best.

Dubz

Dubz- I am really happy for you! Sending lots of good luck your way.

Megg- I agree with Anne- that is really impressive. Sorry about the seashells though.

Lindsay- feel better!

Wendy- Eeek! How scary! Hope your nephew and niece recover quickly!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 11 Jan, 2011 4:41 PM Quote
that's great Dubz. Keep up posted!
I spent hours last night scouring through postings for au pairs and nannys. Could be a convenient thing in London. Place to live (usually with food, tv, internet provided) most evenings and weekends off and pocket money. Downside, I dont have a ton of childcare experience besides a little babysitting. I think Im going to take a first aid course and get a police check done before I move as little helpers.

And megg after reading your post, I dropped an egg on the kitchen floor.

Pages Previous 1...48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:28 PM