Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
deebee
deebee Posted Fri 07 Jan, 2011 3:06 PM Quote
Dubz, fingers crossed that all goes well on Monday.
Kristy, enjoy saying your goodbyes.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 07 Jan, 2011 3:30 PM Quote
Thanks Guys,

Just back from town where I bought a shitty pair of black shoe for Monday, I'll wear them tomorrow to break them in, I'll also dig out a decent shirt/tie/trousers/jacket combo for Monday and I will of course let you all know how it goes.

Kristy that's great news, hope you have a fab last day.

Thanks Wends you're sweet but it's actually quite peaceful getting no phone calls as I'm still not 100%.

Dubz

Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 07 Jan, 2011 3:36 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Thanks Guys,

Just back from town where I bought a shitty pair of black shoe for Monday, I'll wear them tomorrow to break them in, I'll also dig out a decent shirt/tie/trousers/jacket combo for Monday and I will of course let you all know how it goes.

Kristy that's great news, hope you have a fab last day.

Thanks Wends you're sweet but it's actually quite peaceful getting no phone calls as I'm still not 100%.

Dubz

Ah crappy black shoes better than nothing! All the hairy chest for Monday dudey! (fingers/legs crossed for ya).

Ack Kristy have a great last day. I always get sentimental with things like "moving on". Blah that's what I get for being too sensitive.

Well since we are all talking "work"...I am working in my library on my tod as last week due to the SNOW and big freeze and subsequent THAW we had loads of burst pipes...ceiling collapsed/lots of damage (the books are good and protected though - yipee). So I am pondering about doing my own thing and supervising electricians/plumbers/heating consultants etc. Tis fun! I get to try out all the new CD's and play them really loud as I shelf all the books :-D I feel kinda naughty doing this - being a library and all.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 07 Jan, 2011 3:48 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
All the hairy chest for Monday dudey!

Ha ha, never heard that expression before!

Good luck, Dubz. Here's something to study before your interview. Weirdest interview questions of 2010

Kristy, hope your last day is fab and that you don't throw up.

I have been keeping very busy around here the past few days. Doing invisible stuff. Still more to do. Baby steps.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 07 Jan, 2011 4:05 PM Quote
This is more yesterday's news of me but I am still traumatized by it.

In the morning Catherine, while eating a waffle, lost her first tooth. She was super excited as she has been wondering when it would finally happen. She left for school and I couldn't find the tooth. Turns out it was on the floor. To prevent any mishaps before the tooth fairy came I put it in a bowl.

In the early afternoon I get a call from the school nurse saying Catherine is there because she has lice. I go and pick them both up from school and spend the whole afternoon doing treatments because Aidan has it too. They both had it bad. Also started gathering up everything that could be washed to wash and spraying all the furniture.

I had choir practice last night and wanted a pic of Catherine with her tooth before I left (the morning was so busy) and we couldn't find the bowl.

She said she had put the bowl on the table and then she didn't know where she had put it. We were scared she had put it by the sink and Brian had recently washed some dishes so I was pretty sure the tooth was gone. I felt awful knowing that Catherine would be so sad, especially after a trying afternoon of me picking through her hair.

While I was gone Brian texted me saying they found the tooth under the table. How is got there minus a bowl I have no clue but that girl is pretty lucky.

I get home so tired and do some more cleaning. Brian mentions that Catherine misplaced the tooth AGAIN before bedtime but they found it. AGAIN.

We go to do tooth fairy duty and discover there is already $1 along with a note from the tooth fairy written by Aidan. And the tooth is gone. We could not fathom why he played tooth fairy and have no clue where the tooth is.

All I know is they are causing my premature death.

This morning I talked to him and he said that he did it because the tooth fairy isn't real and he didn't want Catherine to be upset when she didn't come.

I didn't realize he had figured that out. While I told him this was super sweet and thoughtful I pointed out that she would probably recognize his handwriting.

She was still asleep so he went and took the note and we talked about letting mommy handle it in the future. He then said something weird about figuring it out because he was worried the tooth fairy was throwing his teeth away. I don't know, couldn't follow the logic but I told him that I kept his teeth which means I am the tooth fairy which made him smile. And he gave me Catherine's tooth.

I am so tired and still have about 897986767 loads of laundry to do.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 07 Jan, 2011 4:32 PM Quote
That is super sweet that Aidan didnt want Catherine to be sad!!

It's going to be weird "leaving" because I told them Id be around for a few weeks if they need me for stuff, so Im already coming back in on Thursday afternoon. So, i will say goodbye about 18 times, I think. Officemate is scurrying around setting up my "suprise" party. I know nothing about it except that it is happening. She told me because she knows I hate attention, etc so I needed a warning. I did the same for her "secret" work wedding shower. Practicing my suprised face. :0

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 07 Jan, 2011 4:59 PM Quote
Brian is all weird about parties too because he doesn't want to be the center of attention. Now granted at a shower there is a portion of it that you are the center of attention because everyone is watching you open presents.

But at a birthday party or even a going away party, have you ever been at one where everyone stands there and stares at the guest of honor?

I certainly haven't. So beyond that moment when you walk in, I think it'll be OK. When Brian turned 35 he made me swear I wouldn't throw him a party, he had serious anxiety about it!

Instead I had people from our life write a little "you rock" note and I made a book out of them.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 07 Jan, 2011 5:12 PM Quote
Anne, we had an episode of a lost lost tooth. We have a special velvet box that we put teeth in for the tooth fairy (a jewelry box from a necklace, I think). Anyway, I went to take the tooth and it was gone! Gone. I felt all around, looked on the floor. Just gone! I put the money in the box and wondered what to do, because if Rachel found the tooth somewhere, she would wonder why the fairy hadn't taken it or think she dropped it or whatever a kid would think. So, I went downstairs and wrote a note in teeeeny tiiiiny fancy font, the smallest I could get, and wrote to her (as the fairy) that her tooth was missing, and if she finds it, just put it in with the next one. About a year later, when changing the room around, we found the tooth. It was on the bedrail that holds the mattress in place. We could have looked for a million years and never found it if we hadn't moved the whole bed and mattress.

Sorry about the lice. I can imagine the cleaning and laundry that must involve. Not to mention stuffed animal quarantine, right?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 07 Jan, 2011 5:23 PM Quote
I'm glad someone knows my pain. The tooth fairy has left notes at our house. She signs her name in silver glitter. It's very fairy like.

more tooth fairy drama

P.S. I think the girl in that video could use a spanking or two.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 07 Jan, 2011 5:34 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Brian is all weird about parties too because he doesn't want to be the center of attention. Now granted at a shower there is a portion of it that you are the center of attention because everyone is watching you open presents.

But at a birthday party or even a going away party, have you ever been at one where everyone stands there and stares at the guest of honor?

I certainly haven't. So beyond that moment when you walk in, I think it'll be OK.

I HATE opening presents infront of people. You need an appropriate reaction. Im so glad we dont do that one present at a time everyone watches business in my house at Christmas.
MY BOSS IS MAKING A SPEECH! OH GOD!
You are right, there won't be that much staring and centre of attention beyond the first few minutes, but its also not a party with my friends where everyone mixes and mingles. It's co-workers in our lounge.
It will be fine. While I would very much like to leave by just slipping out the door and this not happening, I'm not about to barf or anything, and Im told there will be good food and I do thinks it's nice. No one has ever thrown me a party before (beyond like childhood birthday parties that my mom had.) I'm grateful and appreciative, it is just not my most ideal and comfortable situation.

mili
mili Posted Fri 07 Jan, 2011 6:28 PM Quote
When I got married I managed to keep it secret from my workmates until about the very last day before my summer holiday, when it somehow slipped (can't remember how, I suppose I thought it was too late to cause any trouble by then), and then I was invited to the meeting room, champagne was served and a present was presented… I was sooo disappointed I hadn't managed to get away with it, as I hate attention.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 08 Jan, 2011 4:17 AM Quote
it was okay, and i got a very generous gift, but it was AWKWARD! Very nice, but awkward. My boss made a speech in which she said she hired me because I was quiet. okay...

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sat 08 Jan, 2011 6:13 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
it was okay, and i got a very generous gift, but it was AWKWARD! Very nice, but awkward. My boss made a speech in which she said she hired me because I was quiet. okay...

Awkwardness at these kind of things is inevitable, but it's nice that people show they care!

I got told yesterday that I have "child-bearing hips." I'm pretty sure he meant it as a compliment, but i don't know any 19 year old girl who would take that as a compliment. Thoughts?

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sat 08 Jan, 2011 7:14 AM Quote
Dubz, good luck!

Kristy, glad everything went well!

Fen, that comment sounds kind of creepy:/

mili
mili Posted Sat 08 Jan, 2011 9:29 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
minnmess wrote:

good luck Dubz! Keep us posted.
In other job related news, today is my last day.

Celebrate ...................... Good luck Dubz

^ What he said :^)

Pages Previous 1...46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:50 AM