Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 14 May, 2010 6:52 PM Quote
mili wrote:

Sounds lovely and exciting!
I've only seen a wood pidgeon, a rabbit and a hare today, besides the usual seagulls and crows. There's a seagull's nest on the rooftop of the next door building, and one crow keeps harassing them. We can tell when it's there, because seagulls have a special cry for those occasions.
It was a public holiday today, so I'v been washing bikes, balcony furniture and windows… first really summery day of the year!

Wow! You'd never find a rabbit or a hare in Buenos Aires. Or seagulls. This city is too urban. You might find parakeets or small parrots like this one.

Congratulations Lindsay!!!

Edel, don't be so hard on yourself. Hopefully people at work will understand it was a one time thing and won't be too strict and severe about it?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 14 May, 2010 7:12 PM Quote
Awww poor Edel. But please stop beating yourself up. These things happen. Everyone will forget about it and you'll be able to make a better impression another time.

A friend's company Christmas party was insane. Some people went to a hotel room for an after party and the corporate lead counsel (who is married) started making out with this 21 year old intern and then they left together.

Now THAT is a situation that is hard to live down.

I say as long as you didn't commit adultery, you're probably good.

And I know what you mean, it's nice to be able to publicly share here but it's still more private than FB.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 14 May, 2010 7:20 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

I say as long as you didn't commit adultery, you're probably good.

You should be a professional counselor, Anne.

Juli, having parakeets loose in the city is very cool!! They are only kept as pets here. I do want to ask you about South American centipedes. My friend who was a zookeeper tells tales of enormous South American centipedes. Are these found only in remote foresty-type areas, or do these suckers get in your houses from time to time? I do realize South America is ginormous, so in your area do you have these?
Maybe we should start a thread about the worst creepy crawly things that get in your house? Ew, maybe not.

Edel
Edel Posted Fri 14 May, 2010 7:37 PM Quote
hehe thanks folks. Anne,I dont think I committed adultery seen as Im not interested in any of the 5 men who were there;0) Problem is I dont remember most of the night and are cocktail goggles stronger then beer goggles? hmmm.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 14 May, 2010 7:45 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Maybe we should start a thread about the worst creepy crawly things that get in your house? Ew, maybe not.

For the love of all that is good and holy, please nobody ever start this thread. Just the title would make me cry.

monkey
monkey Posted Sat 15 May, 2010 1:37 PM Quote
I got a visitor at work.
http://i39.tinypic.com/mc91z9.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/30coq5y.jpg

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 15 May, 2010 1:44 PM Quote
is that a bunny? Because it looks like a rock.

Im going to an optomitrist appointment, picking out new glasses, then going to Toronto for a bridal sleepover which will be CRAZY! We are going to watch Disney movies and decorate gluten free cupcakes. pppppaaaaaarrrttttyyyyy :)

monkey
monkey Posted Sat 15 May, 2010 1:50 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
is that a bunny? Because it looks like a rock.

Im going to an optomitrist appointment, picking out new glasses, then going to Toronto for a bridal sleepover which will be CRAZY! We are going to watch Disney movies and decorate gluten free cupcakes. pppppaaaaaarrrttttyyyyy :)

Its a buck

sounds like a wild night!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Sat 15 May, 2010 6:56 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

For the love of all that is good and holy, please nobody ever start this thread. Just the title would make me cry.

Ditto! ugh...just the thought of it is grossing me out...yuck!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 15 May, 2010 9:23 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Juli, having parakeets loose in the city is very cool!! They are only kept as pets here. I do want to ask you about South American centipedes. My friend who was a zookeeper tells tales of enormous South American centipedes. Are these found only in remote foresty-type areas, or do these suckers get in your houses from time to time? I do realize South America is ginormous, so in your area do you have these?

It is? Great, haha. You can usually find parakeets in green areas, it's not like they're everywhere but they're not so rare either. They weren't so common until a few years ago.

Thankfully, I haven't seen many centipedes in my life, and the ones I've seen were tiny. I'd never heard of enormous centipedes either, just the thought of it makes me sick. I really hope I never see one of those! I'm very phobic to almost any type of insects and crawly things, except snakes. Snakes might be scary but I don't find them revolting. Please no one ever start that thread!

And Monkey, that thing looks adorable!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sat 15 May, 2010 10:19 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
woot! way to go Linds!

Thanks Kristy!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sat 15 May, 2010 10:21 PM Quote
Edel wrote:
hennypenny wrote:
Tonight was our annual employee awards banquet. I won an award and also won employee of the month 2 days ago *blushes*. I think people are getting sick of me, lol.

Congrats :0)

Thanks Edel!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 16 May, 2010 1:23 AM Quote
got wasted....still am

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sun 16 May, 2010 3:03 AM Quote
Thanks Juli:)

monkey
monkey Posted Sun 16 May, 2010 9:43 AM Quote
I was stupid enough to go out last night after work with another 6am start this morning. I'm getting too old for this

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:24 AM