Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 16 Dec, 2010 11:48 PM Quote
Aww, she is precious! Congrats, Andrew! You look so proud :)

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Fri 17 Dec, 2010 2:30 AM Quote
Cuuuute! You both look lovely.

mili
mili Posted Fri 17 Dec, 2010 6:28 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Aww, congratulations!
P.S. Nice jacket.

What she said. Congrats!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 17 Dec, 2010 11:26 AM Quote
Nice One Andrew, Congrats to all the family !!

Turtleneck wrote:
Dubz, you've been quiet of late. How's it going?

Sound, My mates have been around for the last while so been kinda busy, although they did get their electricity re-connected so it keeps them out of my hair for the next wee while at least.

Drink wise, I'm being very wary of what my intake is been hammered once or twice in the past couple of weeks (even did a drink and dial recently) but most of the time I'm happier if I just take it easy by either abstaining altogether or maybe having one or two drinks instead of my usual 10 or 12. It is making a difference as I feel healthier for it.

Haven't been able to get out running at all, it's just too damned cold, might have to postpone it until it starts getting warmer again, either that or join a gym (once I get a job).

My course has suffered with the mates being around too, but that just means now they are gone I need to get my head down and back into it.

Thanks for asking, means a lot. How are you getting on ? Is it all excitement in your household with Santa's imminent arrival ? I take it the book is on the back burner for now ?

Dubz

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 17 Dec, 2010 5:37 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Turtleneck wrote:

Sound, My mates have been around for the last while so been kinda busy, although they did get their electricity re-connected so it keeps them out of my hair for the next wee while at least.

Drink wise, I'm being very wary of what my intake is been hammered once or twice in the past couple of weeks (even did a drink and dial recently) but most of the time I'm happier if I just take it easy by either abstaining altogether or maybe having one or two drinks instead of my usual 10 or 12. It is making a difference as I feel healthier for it.

Haven't been able to get out running at all, it's just too damned cold, might have to postpone it until it starts getting warmer again, either that or join a gym (once I get a job).

My course has suffered with the mates being around too, but that just means now they are gone I need to get my head down and back into it.

Thanks for asking, means a lot. How are you getting on ? Is it all excitement in your household with Santa's imminent arrival ? I take it the book is on the back burner for now ?

Dubz

Hey Dubz! I know I didn't ask myself, but It's good to hear you are doing well--well, at least as good as you can while your mates had been around. And now that they're out of your hair for a while, hopefully, you can focus more on yourself!

I hear ya on the running thing. It's barely cold here, and I can't get myself out the door just to walk around.

So, do you have any holiday plans?

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Fri 17 Dec, 2010 7:12 PM Quote
Congrats Andrew, she looks lovely.

I've spent half the week in hospital. I couldn't count the different amount of drugs I've taken. They can't actually give me anything to make me better, so instead I have enough steroids, antibiotics and painkillers so that I don't have to feel the pain. Instead I'm just depressed and can't sleep.

On the other hand, it's snowing outside which is pretty. Messes up my plans for the weekend, but pretty nonetheless.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 17 Dec, 2010 7:29 PM Quote
fenchurch wrote:

I've spent half the week in hospital. I couldn't count the different amount of drugs I've taken. They can't actually give me anything to make me better, so instead I have enough steroids, antibiotics and painkillers so that I don't have to feel the pain. Instead I'm just depressed and can't sleep.

Is it one of those things that just takes time to get better? Hope you are up and around soon!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 17 Dec, 2010 7:43 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Turtleneck wrote:

Dubz

I appreciate your honesty. Hopefully you can keep things in moderation and go longer and longer between "hammer times."

Outdoor exercise is completely out of the question here. I won't be running again until spring for sure. I have a mini trampoline and my new weighted hula hoop and maybe that'll help me stay somewhat active.

Kids are excited for Christmas. Today is the last day of school. Book is still on the front burner! I still aim to get it done by my birthday. Then comes the research of where to send it and in what format, etc. Children's book publishers are extremely picky. Especially since I don't have representation. "Unsolicited manuscripts" aren't taken by many publishers. I plan to wallpaper my home with rejection slips!

Monica
Monica Posted Fri 17 Dec, 2010 7:50 PM Quote
Today I went to the Doctor's cause last week I lost my voice in one night (don't know what happened) and it got a bit worse this week with a lot of cough and stuff. The doctor said I have laryngitis and I should not talk at all for a few days until it gets better. It sucks :(

deebee
deebee Posted Sat 18 Dec, 2010 10:17 AM Quote
Monica and Fen I hope you'll feel better quickly - it's not nice being ill this time of year in particular.

Dubz, sounds like you're off to a solid start - keep on with it. You've got a lot of moral support here, I wish you well!

Andrew, congratulations on becoming an uncle for the second time. Enjoy spoiling that precious little niece of yours.

As for me, I'm on Xmas holidays now the schools have broken up and I'd like to spend some quality time with my own little boys - I feel I've neglected them a bit in recent weeks (work has sort of taken over)

Monica
Monica Posted Sun 19 Dec, 2010 7:00 PM Quote
Thanks Debbie! I find it very difficult this no talking thing but it's for my own good so this is my second and a half day without saying a word. I hope I get better well soon ^^

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sun 19 Dec, 2010 11:22 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Monica and Fen I hope you'll feel better quickly - it's not nice being ill this time of year in particular.

Thanks, I'm feeling a hell of a lot better already! Although I'm actually so weak, apparently it'll take a couple of months for me to fully recover my strength :O I hope everyone else who's unwell feels better soon.

I saw Tron Legacy today - loved it! It was very exciting, everyone should go see it.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 20 Dec, 2010 9:03 AM Quote
Thanks Guys,

Today I'm doing a spring clean (in the middle of winter). Planning on making this place(and myself) spotless. Although I'm kinda tired. It was -16 in Ireland(-18 in the north) last night, according to my gadget it's still -8 in Dublin. Meeting a friend for a drink later.

Dubz

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 20 Dec, 2010 6:08 PM Quote
Loads of news since I last read this thread!

Andrew, your niece is adorable!!!

Bodi, get well soon. I'd go crazy if I was in your situation. I just love talking. xD

Fen, glad you're feeling better. Take extra care of yourself until you're 100% cured and strong again.

Debbie, enjoy your quality time with the kids.

Dubz, good luck with your spring clean, and I'm with everyone else here, good luck!
I don't think I've ever experienced that much cold in my life. I think the coldest temperatures I've experienced were -8/-10 ÂșC, and that must have been like two days in 24 years.

The main event of my life recently is that I sang live again last Friday, as part of the show of the music school I go to. I sang two songs, and they were a bit more difficult vocal-wise than what I'm used to sing live. So I was out of my comfort zone. I was sooo nervous. I was shaking during the whole thing. It was definitely not my best performance but it wasn't so bad either. I think what bothers me the most is that I pretty much nailed the tough parts and screwed up some very easy notes, lol.
If anyone is curious and wants to hear, I've uploaded the audios here: http://soundcloud.com/bathroomwindowgirl.
Also, the videos are on YouTube, but I haven't got YouTube access here so I can't post the links. If you listen, let me know what you think! :o)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 21 Dec, 2010 9:55 AM Quote
I'm having leftover Pizza for breakfast. Then I have to head out to Ashtown then into town go to the bank and then pick up a Christmas present. All in weather that is -9 degrees at the moment. The main roads were clear this morning when I got up (about an hour ago) but it has since started snowing heavily again.

Dubz

Pages Previous 1...40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 Next All Times UTC Current Time 6:21 AM