Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 09 Dec, 2010 2:53 PM Quote
It's only December 9th and I've had enough cold weather already.

mili
mili Posted Thu 09 Dec, 2010 5:18 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
It's only December 9th and I've had enough cold weather already.

And I've had enough of snow! We have around 50 cm of the stuff and more is coming down as I type. The situation is more like it's normally in February, so I'm "anticipating" a long hard winter. It's getting colder again, too.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 09 Dec, 2010 6:39 PM Quote
I miss cold. We no longer have cold winters in Buenos Aires.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 10 Dec, 2010 2:13 PM Quote
Woke up to a little bit of snow on the ground this morning. Barely enough to cover the grass. Yet my neighbor was out with his shovel before 9:00. I don't understand what motivates some people. Why shovel snow that will be melted in an hour or so, and was barely enough to cover the soles of your shoes?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 10 Dec, 2010 3:12 PM Quote
why shovel snow ? it'll be back

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 10 Dec, 2010 3:46 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

Slip and fall lawsuits from the mailman and the adult day care home behind us.

mili
mili Posted Fri 10 Dec, 2010 5:26 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

City of Helsinki road maintenance seems to agree with you.
Well, we have about 50 cm of the stuff, most pavements have turned in to footpaths, my street looks like a country lane, parking is impossible at places, and temperature is going south (-8 °C last time I checked). Cycling is near impossible in the porridgy conditions. I'm getting pretty confident that we'll have a white Christmas this year.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sun 12 Dec, 2010 2:11 AM Quote
I have glandular fever. It's horrible, I'm in so much pain right now. Not helped by the fact that I've missed so much college this week, not to mention exams.

Also: I hate boys :(

monkey
monkey Posted Sun 12 Dec, 2010 4:41 PM Quote
I'm going to be an uncle for the second time :). Twino is going in for a pre-scheduled Caesarean on Thursday

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 12 Dec, 2010 9:25 PM Quote
Congrats, Uncle Andrew!

It's been snowing all day today here. Heavy, really good packing snow. We have 4 snowmen and a fort already! Everybody is hoping for a snow day tomorrow, but I think the roads will be cleared by tomorrow, unless snow continues to fall through the night.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 12 Dec, 2010 11:12 PM Quote
Maybe there is a possibility for a snow day. All that wet sloppy snow is freezing now. Going down to 15ºF (-9ºC) and wind chills tomorrow of -15ºF (-26ºC). Should make things quite slippery!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Mon 13 Dec, 2010 1:23 AM Quote
Congrats Andrew!

We had a Pinapple Express come through here and dump 6 inches of rain in the last 24 hours. Theres some pretty major flooding on most of the rivers in Western Washington. Luckily I don't live by one.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 13 Dec, 2010 1:54 AM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
Congrats Andrew!

We had a Pinapple Express come through here and dump 6 inches of rain in the last 24 hours. Theres some pretty major flooding on most of the rivers in Western Washington. Luckily I don't live by one.

Ok, I'll be the one to ask. What is a Pineapple Express? I'm assuming some weird weather pattern.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 13 Dec, 2010 2:32 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
hennypenny wrote:
Congrats Andrew!

Ok, I'll be the one to ask. What is a Pineapple Express? I'm assuming some weird weather pattern.

Thank you for asking. I thought maybe it was some expression all people who deal with snow know.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 13 Dec, 2010 2:55 AM Quote
Maybe it's like the Hawaiian version of the Polar Express.

Pages Previous 1...38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 Next All Times UTC Current Time 3:47 PM