Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
deebee
deebee Posted Wed 01 Dec, 2010 10:03 AM Quote
fair enough! Try not to let them lead you astray - you've done so well so far.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 01 Dec, 2010 2:52 PM Quote
First flurries of snow are flying here. Doesn't look like anything will accumulate, though, which is fine with me. I'm not ready for all that yet. Sounds like our friends across the pond are getting all they can stand.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Wed 01 Dec, 2010 4:31 PM Quote
It snowed here yesterday! Started just as I was leaving the house and by the time I got to the bus stop everywhere was white! Was scared the bus wouldn't even come, and then this lady stopped her car and shouted out the window "I'm going to town, do you wanna life?" I know you're not meant to take lifts from strangers, but it was so cold! There was only me and one other guy at the stop, and we both kinda looked at each other, shrugged and went "yes please!" So I got a free lift into town, it was awesome.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 01 Dec, 2010 7:24 PM Quote
It's seriously cold, the roads are like icerinks and I've gone to the pub because my arsehole mates have arrived and I'm too spineless to tell them to fuck off. I mean it's my fucking house. It's only a one bedroom and the couch is fucking tiny. I feel so shitty right now. Pushed out of my house by a pair of inconsiderate wankers.

Dubz

Eta- thanks Deebee, i will admit to partaking of a beverage or two over the past few days. But I have managed to curtail it to strictly one or two. Which I'm actually quite proud of considering the company I have been keeping.

Eta II- I was really proud of my new place, first time I've had a whole place to my own since I moved here. Which now has oil stains on the wall and stinks of cigarette smoke, plus my shower is now covered in make-up/foundation. They are fucking wrecking my pad.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 01 Dec, 2010 8:45 PM Quote
I think it is completely within reason to ask them not to smoke in the house. I wouldn't let anyone smoke in my house, even if it was freezing outside.

The other stuff will be easy enough to wash away once they're gone. Sometimes you just have to grit your teeth and put up with small annoyances.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 01 Dec, 2010 9:13 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I think it is completely within reason to ask them not to smoke in the house. I wouldn't let anyone smoke in my house, even if it was freezing outside.

The other stuff will be easy enough to wash away once they're gone. Sometimes you just have to grit your teeth and put up with small annoyances.

I can live with the smell of smoke, I can clear it soon enough. Even the shower can be hosed down. Unfortunately the dirty oil/grease marks are on the wall from the back of the mechanic's hat/head. I'm gonna need to re-paint the fucking walls.

God I need a drink or 12

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 01 Dec, 2010 9:40 PM Quote
I don't think you'll need repaint the f-ing wall. Try some de-greaser first. Laundry aisle at the supermarket. I've actually washed and dried clothes and found a grease spot after, used de-greaser and it came right out. (It can even remove graphite stains, which are darn near impossible.) Or try plain old bar soap on it. Or dish soap. It's made for washing greasy dishes. Shouldn't hurt the paint finish. (Try it in an area that doesn't show first.)

Thank you. Tune in next week for more household hints.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 01 Dec, 2010 9:44 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I don't think you'll need repaint the f-ing wall. Try some de-greaser first. Laundry aisle at the supermarket. I've actually washed and dried clothes and found a grease spot after, used de-greaser and it came right out. (It can even remove graphite stains, which are darn near impossible.) Or try plain old bar soap on it. Or dish soap. It's made for washing greasy dishes. Shouldn't hurt the paint finish. (Try it in an area that doesn't show first.)

Thank you. Tune in next week for more household hints.

Thank you, much appreciated, I'll let you know how I get on.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 01 Dec, 2010 9:49 PM Quote
Come to think of it, you couldn't paint over a grease spot anyway. Latex paint is water-based and it wouldn't stick. That's why you have to wash the walls before you paint.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 01 Dec, 2010 10:40 PM Quote
I graduated yesterday. FINALLY! :D

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 01 Dec, 2010 11:00 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

Congratulations, Megg!!! Good for you, and also, yay for moving to London in Feb.!!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 01 Dec, 2010 11:31 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

Hooray! Congrats, Megg!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 02 Dec, 2010 12:16 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

That's brilliant news Megg. Well done you.

Dubz

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 02 Dec, 2010 2:17 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

Congrats Megg!!!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 02 Dec, 2010 2:37 AM Quote
Way to go Meggy Megg!

Pages Previous 1...36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 Next All Times UTC Current Time 6:06 AM