Travis

   
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
fenchurch
Posts: 959
fenchurch Posted Tue 16 Nov, 2010 12:45 AM Quote
Dubz I hope things sort themselves out for you.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Posts: 8299
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 16 Nov, 2010 12:33 PM Quote
Thank You,

Much better today, managed to get two or three hours sleep in a row last night, been for a run this morning, had breakfast, picked up my money, been shopping. Gonna do some house work after I've had a wee rest.

Hopefully back to eating and sleeping properly by this evening.


Dubz
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
SamuraiSandy
Posts: 2545
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 16 Nov, 2010 4:45 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Thank You,

Much better today, managed to get two or three hours sleep in a row last night, been for a run this morning, had breakfast, picked up my money, been shopping. Gonna do some house work after I've had a wee rest.

Hopefully back to eating and sleeping properly by this evening.


Dubz


Wow, I don't know how you can manage to go running after only 2-3 hours of sleep! Good for you!
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Posts: 8299
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 16 Nov, 2010 5:14 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Thank You,

Much better today, managed to get two or three hours sleep in a row last night, been for a run this morning, had breakfast, picked up my money, been shopping. Gonna do some house work after I've had a wee rest.

Hopefully back to eating and sleeping properly by this evening.


Dubz


Wow, I don't know how you can manage to go running after only 2-3 hours of sleep! Good for you!


I was in bed dozing from about 1am till 8am (only slept 2 or 3hrs continuously tho').

It's only a short work-out 10min warm up, 5mins Fast Walking and 2mins Easy Running repeated three times in a row, 10min stretch, 10min cooldown. It increases bit by bit everyweek so by New Year's Day I should be running 30mins constant.

Not quite as impressive, sorry.


Dubz
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Turtleneck
Posts: 7404
Turtleneck Posted Tue 16 Nov, 2010 11:21 PM Quote
Sounds kinda like the program I was following during the summer. I made it up to a mile, but I had to stay at some levels longer than the program wanted me to.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
hennypenny
Posts: 2092
hennypenny Posted Wed 17 Nov, 2010 1:26 AM Quote
We had a small earthquake today. It was only a 4.5. I didn't even notice it.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Turtleneck
Posts: 7404
Turtleneck Posted Wed 17 Nov, 2010 1:42 AM Quote
An old man and a teenage boy got into an argument in the school parking lot, very close to the door where they let out the Kindergarten and the 1st graders. The old man was calling the boy out, saying lots of F- you's and stuff about how he could beat the sh-- out of him and wipe his a$$ all over the parking lot. Looked like his grandkids were in the back seat. Nice. I don't understand some people.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Posts: 8299
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 17 Nov, 2010 1:50 PM Quote
I started my on-line course today, Word 2007. It seems no bad. I'm taking a break to cook some lunch.

Went for a run, but my back is sore and also have a headache, which is strange as I never get headaches (except for hangovers) maybe I need to start wearing my glasses (Bloody Flatscreens).


Dubz

 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Posts: 8299
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 18 Nov, 2010 12:09 PM Quote
I've got loads done and it's not even 12:00...

Done two modules on my online course, not as easy as I thought it was but still getting there.

Searched and applied for two jobs.

Rang FAS about a "facilities co-ordinator" training scheme in Glaxo Smith Kline only to discover they expect me to travel all across the city to work a 39hrs week in for no pay, You just get your normal benefits. I wouldn't even get travel allowance or a meal allowance. If I find something closer I'll consider it.

Two loads of laundry done.

Got a phone call from the local soccer club (Bohemians) about volunteering to help with them.

Been to Tesco for loads of diluting juice, since I'm "aff tha Booze"

Just made a spectacular Omelette with Cheese and Irish Tomato which I got from the local groccer, they taste amazing and were dirt cheap.

Now I'm going to make a cup of tea and sit around for a while watching telly before going out for a walk or something. Might attempt another module this afternoon.


Dubz
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
mili
Posts: 3258
mili Posted Thu 18 Nov, 2010 12:23 PM Quote
You go, Dubz!

I'm trying to get work done (a bit of an overload at the moment) before going out to meet my cousin and to see Teenage Fanclub. We had about 10 cm of snow overnight, and it's sleeting now, so the only sensible footwear would be wellies. I'm not wearing them for the evening out!
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
minnmess
Posts: 8142
minnmess Posted Thu 18 Nov, 2010 12:45 PM Quote
mili wrote:
You go, Dubz!

I'm trying to get work done (a bit of an overload at the moment) before going out to meet my cousin and to see Teenage Fanclub. We had about 10 cm of snow overnight, and it's sleeting now, so the only sensible footwear would be wellies. I'm not wearing them for the evening out!


why, wellies are hawt :)

Sounds like a good productive day, Dubz!

I got half way done the online portion of my Visa application last night when I got to the question about details of all trips outside of Canada in the last 10 years. SERIOUSLY? ugh. Will resume next time I have a minute, which may not be until Sunday.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Turtleneck
Posts: 7404
Turtleneck Posted Thu 18 Nov, 2010 1:18 PM Quote
How does an "Irish tomato" differ from a regular tomato? I've never heard of an Irish tomato before.

My grandpa used to call regular potatoes "Irish potatoes" to differentiate them from sweet potatoes. I have no idea why, but he did. He was an old school, southern farmer type.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Turtleneck
Posts: 7404
Turtleneck Posted Thu 18 Nov, 2010 1:33 PM Quote
I have mentally begun composing a children's book. I will start writing soon so I don't forget. It is nothing like what I always thought I would write. My goal is to have to done by my birthday (March).
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Posts: 8299
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 18 Nov, 2010 2:08 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
How does an "Irish tomato" differ from a regular tomato? I've never heard of an Irish tomato before.

My grandpa used to call regular potatoes "Irish potatoes" to differentiate them from sweet potatoes. I have no idea why, but he did. He was an old school, southern farmer type.


Geography, mostly you get them in supermarkets and they come from Spain or the Middle East, so it's good to get some local stuff, loose in a local grocer's I'm guessing they taste better because they are less processed for supermarket customers.

Potato was, and still is, the staple diet of most Irish people. Plus the whole thing with the famine is maybe why they were referred to as Irish Potatoes.


Dubz
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Posts: 8299
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 18 Nov, 2010 2:11 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I have mentally begun composing a children's book. I will start writing soon so I don't forget. It is nothing like what I always thought I would write. My goal is to have to done by my birthday (March).


Glad to hear it !!!

I've always thought you could do this, Best of Luck...

... and hang in there.


Dubz
 
Pages Previous 1...31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 Next All Times GMT Current Time 10:34 AM
Post Reply