Travis

   
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
Posts: 7556
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 06 Oct, 2010 9:37 PM Quote

I returned to work yesterday and it seemed everything had been ok during my absence (meaning, work had been done). Today I found out this wasn't true, and that I'm stuck with work that should have been done three weeks ago by my coworker, who was in charge of the office while I was away (and I left precise instructions of what had to be done, I even did some paperwork in advance so he wouldn't have to do everything from scratch).
Yesterday I was feeling a little bit guilty for not showing up for so long, but today I'm glad I went away. I mean, I'm away for 38 days and somehow I still manage to get more stuff done than everyone else???
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Work, people!!! You get a paycheck every month!!!!
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
thewishlist
Posts: 504
thewishlist Posted Fri 08 Oct, 2010 2:24 PM Quote
Yesterday I read the perfect job offer. It's only a traineeship and it wouldn't be in my city, but still *sigh*. It'd be in a non-profit organisation and I really really want this...Unfortunately, I've learnt from experience that employers tend to NOT want me as their employee. 35 applications - and not a single invitation since July! :'(
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
weirdmom
Posts: 7598
weirdmom Posted Fri 08 Oct, 2010 2:32 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
Yesterday I read the perfect job offer. It's only a traineeship and it wouldn't be in my city, but still *sigh*. It'd be in a non-profit organisation and I really really want this...Unfortunately, I've learnt from experience that employers tend to NOT want me as their employee. 35 applications - and not a single invitation since July! :'(


I'm sorry, I know it's hard. I've heard that the average person sends out 100 resumes to get one job offer. And I can say when I was looking for a job several years ago it was about 75 for me. This summer it was probably 50. So...only 65 to go. Hurray?

But seriously, I know it stinks and makes you feel icky.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Turtleneck
Posts: 7404
Turtleneck Posted Fri 08 Oct, 2010 3:09 PM Quote
The plumber is on the way. I wonder how much this will cost?
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
thewishlist
Posts: 504
thewishlist Posted Fri 08 Oct, 2010 3:38 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I'm sorry, I know it's hard. I've heard that the average person sends out 100 resumes to get one job offer. And I can say when I was looking for a job several years ago it was about 75 for me. This summer it was probably 50. So...only 65 to go. Hurray?

But seriously, I know it stinks and makes you feel icky.


A HUNDRED? Oh my. There aren't even a hundred jobs ads (it's "job-advertisement", right? or... employment-ad? See, my brain can't even tell me the simplest things correctly) out there at the moment! :| I've been working part-time as an assistant since graduation (it's usually a "student"-job), but the contract ends in November and I'm starting to feel a bit panicky.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
weirdmom
Posts: 7598
weirdmom Posted Fri 08 Oct, 2010 3:50 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
I'm sorry, I know it's hard. I've heard that the average person sends out 100 resumes to get one job offer. And I can say when I was looking for a job several years ago it was about 75 for me. This summer it was probably 50. So...only 65 to go. Hurray?

But seriously, I know it stinks and makes you feel icky.


A HUNDRED? Oh my. There aren't even a hundred jobs ads (it's "job-advertisement", right? or... employment-ad? See, my brain can't even tell me the simplest things correctly) out there at the moment! :| I've been working part-time as an assistant since graduation (it's usually a "student"-job), but the contract ends in November and I'm starting to feel a bit panicky.


Well it's not a set thing and it was less than that for me. It's daunting for sure but you try to take comfort that it's not just you. Just keep trying. Eventually it'll be the right fit.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Posts: 8299
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 08 Oct, 2010 4:12 PM Quote
I'm going to my mate's new house to watch tonight's match between Ireland & Russia, with his brothers and his mates. Then I've to go a retirement party tomorrow...

when all I really want to do is go to bed and not wake up.


Dubz
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
monkey
Posts: 1580
monkey Posted Fri 08 Oct, 2010 6:50 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I'm going to my mate's new house to watch tonight's match between Ireland & Russia, with his brothers and his mates. Then I've to go a retirement party tomorrow...

when all I really want to do is go to bed and not wake up.


Dubz


Why?, what's up?

I asked my 5years old niece what she wanted from santa for christmas. "I want a phone or a nintendo DS" :o
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Posts: 8299
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 10 Oct, 2010 4:21 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I'm going to my mate's new house to watch tonight's match between Ireland & Russia, with his brothers and his mates. Then I've to go a retirement party tomorrow...

when all I really want to do is go to bed and not wake up.


Dubz


Why?, what's up?

I asked my 5years old niece what she wanted from santa for christmas. "I want a phone or a nintendo DS" :o


Just generally fecked off with the world, I'm not suicidal or anything (unless slowly drinking yourself to death counts) but I feel it might be a whole lot easier if I just went to sleep and never woke up. It'll probably pass

Thanks for asking though.


Dubz
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
mili
Posts: 3258
mili Posted Sun 10 Oct, 2010 5:37 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
monkey wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I'm going to my mate's new house to watch tonight's match between Ireland & Russia, with his brothers and his mates. Then I've to go a retirement party tomorrow...

when all I really want to do is go to bed and not wake up.


Dubz


Why?, what's up?

I asked my 5years old niece what she wanted from santa for christmas. "I want a phone or a nintendo DS" :o


Just generally fecked off with the world, I'm not suicidal or anything (unless slowly drinking yourself to death counts) but I feel it might be a whole lot easier if I just went to sleep and never woke up. It'll probably pass

Thanks for asking though.


Dubz



I hope it passes fast, that's not good.

Some physical exercise, enough sleep and maybe even cutting down booze might help. Physical work/sport does me good when I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders. It's just very difficult to get out when one's feeling low.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Posts: 8299
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 10 Oct, 2010 8:43 PM Quote
I've just been fucking barred from my fucking local. Wankers.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
SamuraiSandy
Posts: 2545
SamuraiSandy Posted Sun 10 Oct, 2010 9:22 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
monkey wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I'm going to my mate's new house to watch tonight's match between Ireland & Russia, with his brothers and his mates. Then I've to go a retirement party tomorrow...

when all I really want to do is go to bed and not wake up.


Dubz


Why?, what's up?

I asked my 5years old niece what she wanted from santa for christmas. "I want a phone or a nintendo DS" :o


Just generally fecked off with the world, I'm not suicidal or anything (unless slowly drinking yourself to death counts) but I feel it might be a whole lot easier if I just went to sleep and never woke up. It'll probably pass

Thanks for asking though.


Dubz



Dubz, I'm sorry you're going through whatever it is you are going through. I hope things get better for you soon!
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
thewishlist
Posts: 504
thewishlist Posted Mon 11 Oct, 2010 5:42 PM Quote
I hate (hate hate hate hate HATE!) writing cover letters. HATE IT. I am zero creative when it comes to "advertising" my skills and experience, but the job market is merciless when you can't promote yourself properly :|

e.g., I'd like to apply for a (trainee-) job at the German office of an American PR agency, a job that requires "good writing skills [German]", and I'm totally stuck. I mean, I can't send them a boring non-creative cover letter, right, not if I want the job... :'(

So today, I went to this graduate-consultation-service at the employment centre to get some critique on my letters and résumé/CV, but (of course, what was I expecting?) they were of NO help whatsoever.

...
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
Posts: 7556
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 12 Oct, 2010 6:19 PM Quote

Paul McCartney is coming to Argentina after 17 years. There's a presale today and after long and painful hours of pointless phone dialing and refresh hitting on the computer, we got tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And the best part is, my friend who lives in another city and was trying to buy her ticket at the same time, got the sit next to us!
So we're going to see Paul McCartney, and we'll be sitting next to our friend!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm soooooooooo happyyyyyyyyyyyy! :oD

Of course I will not be at ease until I have my ticket in my hands, but still. So random, so amazing, so excited. :o)
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Turtleneck
Posts: 7404
Turtleneck Posted Tue 12 Oct, 2010 6:31 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

Paul McCartney is coming to Argentina after 17 years. There's a presale today and after long and painful hours of pointless phone dialing and refresh hitting on the computer, we got tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And the best part is, my friend who lives in another city and was trying to buy her ticket at the same time, got the sit next to us!
So we're going to see Paul McCartney, and we'll be sitting next to our friend!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm soooooooooo happyyyyyyyyyyyy! :oD

Of course I will not be at ease until I have my ticket in my hands, but still. So random, so amazing, so excited. :o)



Wow! That's so cool!
 
Pages Previous 1...25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Times GMT Current Time 5:46 PM
Post Reply