Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Edel
Edel Posted Wed 23 Jun, 2010 3:38 PM Quote
Congrats Dee :0) Fen, you must be relieved to have the Leaving Cert over with. Enjoy your hols, well deserved;0)

As for me, Im feeling sick to the stomach. Just booked flights for my 3 kids to go to Ireland for 13 days. First year in 17? years Im not going home:0( It feels so wrong but gotta get this thesis in Sep 16th. I cant seem to get anything done being a single mum to three and working as well. So gonna use my holidays to go underground and finish this shit. Its now or never. Major blah

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 23 Jun, 2010 4:31 PM Quote
Edel wrote:

As for me, Im feeling sick to the stomach. Just booked flights for my 3 kids to go to Ireland for 13 days. First year in 17? years Im not going home:0( It feels so wrong but gotta get this thesis in Sep 16th. I cant seem to get anything done being a single mum to three and working as well. So gonna use my holidays to go underground and finish this shit. Its now or never. Major blah

I'm sorry to hear that! That must be the weirdest feeling not going home, when you have every year for so long! Well, good luck on your thesis. I hope you'll be able to make it home next year!

Oh, and Congrats, Dee!!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 23 Jun, 2010 6:49 PM Quote
We totally just had an earthquake!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 24 Jun, 2010 2:09 PM Quote
Today we're having Rachel's birthday party at one of those giant inflatable jumpy places. She said she wanted to have one party there before she gets too old. (She's turning 9.) This is our first time having a party anywhere other than our backyard. I do like that you get the place all to your own group, unlike some places where there are 3000 other germy kids falling all over each other. I hope it all goes well. Balloons are ordered, cupcakes being made soon, the place takes care of the pizza and pop.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 24 Jun, 2010 2:34 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
We totally just had an earthquake!

5 point ...... decent one

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 24 Jun, 2010 2:55 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Today we're having Rachel's birthday party at one of those giant inflatable jumpy places. She said she wanted to have one party there before she gets too old. (She's turning 9.) This is our first time having a party anywhere other than our backyard. I do like that you get the place all to your own group, unlike some places where there are 3000 other germy kids falling all over each other. I hope it all goes well. Balloons are ordered, cupcakes being made soon, the place takes care of the pizza and pop.

sounds fun! I might crash. But I will bring a present.

My alarm didnt go off this morning, and then I got to work and the coffee maker is broken. Someone does not like me today.

Absy
Absy Posted Thu 24 Jun, 2010 8:09 PM Quote
Edel wrote:
Congrats Dee :0) Fen, you must be relieved to have the Leaving Cert over with. Enjoy your hols, well deserved;0)

Go girl !
You know I love you.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 24 Jun, 2010 8:31 PM Quote
Edel wrote:

Ohh, that sucks! On the other hand, you handle a lot of things at the same time, it's very imprsesive. I take my hat off to you. I hope you do well in your thesis!

Yesterday we had my sister's graduation. I had a blast but now I'm full of glitter again.

Edel
Edel Posted Thu 24 Jun, 2010 9:47 PM Quote
Thanks folks:0) Nice to know one can seek comfort in the boardies as well as the band. Loves.

Ellas dwarf hampster (if thats what they're called in english?) died. I think the thoughts of being alone with me during the holidays caused him to commit suicide. So we went to the park and buried him. RIP Speedy

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 24 Jun, 2010 10:33 PM Quote
Edel wrote:
Ellas dwarf hampster (if thats what they're called in english?) died. I think the thoughts of being alone with me during the holidays caused him to commit suicide. So we went to the park and buried him. RIP Speedy

RIP dear Speedy!
When I was 6, our bird died because my dad didnt take him out for pizza. At least that is what I claimed then. And sort of still believe. Poor Chimo.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Fri 25 Jun, 2010 11:22 AM Quote
I'm meant to be flying to Turkey tomorrow with a few friends as and "end of exams" holiday. I just got a text from my friend saying she just happened to come across a notice on the website for the Turkish airline we're flying with saying they've cancelled all their flights. You'd think they'd email us or something! And the worst thing is, when we were booking it, they didn't offer insurance...

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 25 Jun, 2010 4:48 PM Quote
fenchurch wrote:
I'm meant to be flying to Turkey tomorrow with a few friends as and "end of exams" holiday. I just got a text from my friend saying she just happened to come across a notice on the website for the Turkish airline we're flying with saying they've cancelled all their flights. You'd think they'd email us or something! And the worst thing is, when we were booking it, they didn't offer insurance...

shit, that sucks! no insurance company would probably play for such a fucked up airline...

so you got no refund...? nothing ata ll?

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 30 Jun, 2010 8:48 PM Quote

Fen, that sounds terrible! :o/

I went to pick up my Argentinian passport today, and found my dad on the way back to work. I showed it to him and he said "are you sure this is your photo and not Ale's???". I could have killed him. Anyway, the photo is ok, but my digital signature looks like something made by a 3 year old. So now I've got two passports, with two different nationalities. Makes me feel a little like a secret agent, lol.

http://blog.allanellenberger.com/wp-content/uploads/adams-don-p.jpg

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 30 Jun, 2010 8:54 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

Makes me feel a little like a secret agent, lol.

Or a secret Asian man? ;o)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 30 Jun, 2010 10:12 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

Makes me feel a little like a secret agent, lol.

Or a secret Asian man? ;o)

Lol! A little bit of both, I guess. :oP

Pages Previous 1...14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:24 PM