Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 17 Jun, 2010 7:26 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Congrats, Juli! Looks like you had some fun! So, is that some kind of tradition, where you get your degree and then you get pelted by paint and glitter? 'Cause if it is, I'd like to adopt that tradition!

Thanks a lot. It is! Usually it's not paint and glitter but eggs and flour. But you can pelt anything you want.
I feel like throwing food is a waste when there's people who don't have anything at all to eat, so I got: paint, glitter, spry streamers, confetti, syrup that had expired in 2005, and a splash of something that was thrown to my friend who also graduated, consisting of blended leftovers left in the sun for two weeks (it was the most disgusting thing ever, the smell was gross).
My friend also got the traditional eggs and flour and toothpaste. She had eggs even inside her clothes, and syrup inside her socks, lol.
It was a lot of fun!!!!

Edit: I also got yerba mate. I don't know where it came from, I noticed it when I was washing my hair. When a bunch of people is attacking you with stuff you can't see anything at all, lol.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 17 Jun, 2010 7:38 PM Quote
that sounds like the best tradition ever! but paint and glitter does seem more fun than eggs and things rotting in the sun. I want to go to a giant paint party!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 17 Jun, 2010 7:58 PM Quote
I bet you'd have glitter in your hair for months!
I think it was Demetri Martin who said, "Glitter is the 'herpes' of craft supplies." So. True.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 17 Jun, 2010 8:27 PM Quote

I think this tradition should exist everywhere. It's such a great way of releasing stress, and so much fun. I prefer paint and glitter. Plus it's more colourful. :oP

So true. I spent an hour in the shower yesterday, washed my hair four times. Then showered and washed my hair again this morning... and I've still got glitter everywhere.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 17 Jun, 2010 8:38 PM Quote
I've had to institute a fairly strict No Glitter policy at home. We don't use it here and most projects that come home from school containing glitter go directly into the trash. Sad, but true. Once you get glitter in your house it's there FOR-EV-VERRRRRRRR.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 17 Jun, 2010 8:43 PM Quote
Oh well...Juli, you'll just have pretty, sparkly hair for a long time!

Meridith
Meridith Posted Thu 17 Jun, 2010 8:52 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Some members of the group may also have done a Backstreet Boys song complete with symbolically deep and emotionally touching choreography.

lol Anne! :)

Weekend was so much fun! It was very educational too. I learned quite a bit with my visit to TX. My pics are up on facebook too. Congrats Juli!!! That is so exciting!!! And I agree with everyone...you are gorgeous!!!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 17 Jun, 2010 9:49 PM Quote

I guess so, Sandy, haha.
Thank you, Mer!! :o)

Is there a video of that Backstret Boys song? :oP

dee
dee Posted Thu 17 Jun, 2010 9:59 PM Quote
i had an interview where my current boss was on the interview panel.

difficult

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 17 Jun, 2010 10:55 PM Quote
dee wrote:
i had an interview where my current boss was on the interview panel.

difficult

Did he/she know you were looking?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 18 Jun, 2010 12:57 AM Quote
Did I mention my No Glitter policy? Guess who just came home from a makeover party with a head FULL OF GLITTER HAIRSPRAY. Oh, yes. This is not going to be good!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 18 Jun, 2010 1:22 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Did I mention my No Glitter policy? Guess who just came home from a makeover party with a head FULL OF GLITTER HAIRSPRAY. Oh, yes. This is not going to be good!

IS IT JULI!? :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 18 Jun, 2010 3:43 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

How ironic that this comes up today. That stuff is so sticky. Good luck with your 12 showers Kayte.

In my news....I don't think I've mentioned on the board that I'm not working full-time anymore. My boss and I sort of broke up and I am doing a little bit of work from home and that's it in regards to my old job.

But as of today I am an exchange student coordinator. I am going to help find homes for international students who want to do a year of American high school. Then I'll be their (and the host families') point of contact. Not only was I an exchange student myself but my family hosted 6 students over the years so I know first-hand how fun it is.

If I place 5 kids I'll get to go to GREECE in November.

Fingers crossed.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Fri 18 Jun, 2010 5:16 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

How ironic that this comes up today. That stuff is so sticky. Good luck with your 12 showers Kayte.

In my news....I don't think I've mentioned on the board that I'm not working full-time anymore. My boss and I sort of broke up and I am doing a little bit of work from home and that's it in regards to my old job.

But as of today I am an exchange student coordinator. I am going to help find homes for international students who want to do a year of American high school. Then I'll be their (and the host families') point of contact. Not only was I an exchange student myself but my family hosted 6 students over the years so I know first-hand how fun it is.

If I place 5 kids I'll get to go to GREECE in November.

Fingers crossed.

Sounds awesome Anne! Good luck and I'm sure you'll do great!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 18 Jun, 2010 5:36 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Haha, exactly! A little while ago I saw that I still have glitter in my EAR. I've got shiny ears.

Anne, that sounds fantastic! And visiting Greece... I'm crossing my fingers for you too!

Pages Previous 1...12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:04 AM