Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 05 Aug, 2011 8:44 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

You could always go with the minimalist look, I hear that's back in.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh, you silly boy. I'm a girl. I like stuff. And lots of it!

Haha, I'm glad you said that and not me, the minute I posted it, that's what I thought but didn't want to appear sexist.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 05 Aug, 2011 8:12 PM Quote
Filling out an application for place #2. It is the grownup decision, as it is cheaper and closer to work, than option #1 that is in the same building as 4 of my friends. The other one has some great things, like dreamy hardwood, but the one Im applying for is bigger, has a den, a balcony and a pool.
All cross your fingers that the application is accepted. Unforch, move in date isnt until Oct 1, but since my job doesnt start until August 29, it does give me a month of income first.

mili
mili Posted Fri 05 Aug, 2011 10:22 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Filling out an application for place #2. It is the grownup decision, as it is cheaper and closer to work, than option #1 that is in the same building as 4 of my friends. The other one has some great things, like dreamy hardwood, but the one Im applying for is bigger, has a den, a balcony and a pool.
All cross your fingers that the application is accepted. Unforch, move in date isnt until Oct 1, but since my job doesnt start until August 29, it does give me a month of income first.

What's your new job, if you don't mind me asking?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 05 Aug, 2011 10:37 PM Quote
mili wrote:

What's your new job, if you don't mind me asking? [/quote]

Philanthropy Coordinator for a private school.

mili
mili Posted Sat 06 Aug, 2011 1:22 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
mili wrote:

Philanthropy Coordinator for a private school. [/quote]

good for you! I hope you enjoy it!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 06 Aug, 2011 3:27 PM Quote
mili wrote:
minnmess wrote:
mili wrote:

Philanthropy Coordinator for a private school.

good for you! I hope you enjoy it! [/quote]

thanks! me too! All the paperwork is filled out for my apartment application. I should know by the end of the week if I have been approved. Fingers crossed

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 07 Aug, 2011 7:20 AM Quote
Yesterday while doing my Pub Reviews I met a lovely Russian lass, Nadya who's only in Dublin for two days as that's all her visa will allow, (she is studying in England). I had a great chat with her and offered to buy her a drink but she declined as she wanted to go to the Guinness Storehouse, I think she may have thought I was pissed as I'm still not steady on my feet. However we chatted some more and then she kissd me goodbye as she left (just on the cheek probably a Russian thing) and told me she really hoped I would be back later that evening (there was a comedy club on). I was supposed to go to a 40th birthday party last night too, so after getting a couple of hours sleep around tea time yesterday I decided I would go out, in two minds between Nadya and the 40th as I left the house I became dizzy and realized I was still knackered and so had to return home have a quick bite watch some shitty TV and go to bed.

Really disappointed I didn't go into town, meet Nadya and take her to the 40th, it was in a mtes house where he had set up marquees and a bar it would have been a brilliant night, but C'est la Vie.

Dubz

Sunny
Sunny Posted Mon 08 Aug, 2011 3:59 PM Quote

A&E on a Monday is like feeding time at the zoo.

monkey
monkey Posted Mon 08 Aug, 2011 4:38 PM Quote
getting drunk on my own because im feeling shitty and sorry for myself. going to post here instead of fb. on fb i might say something and regret it

Dubz, reading that i was in hope of happy end to the story

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 08 Aug, 2011 5:15 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
getting drunk on my own because im feeling shitty and sorry for myself. going to post here instead of fb. on fb i might say something and regret it

Aww, what's wrong, Andrew?

Dubz, I was hoping for a happy ending too. I'm sorry you didn't get to go out. I can't believe you're still feeling bad! Are you getting any better?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 08 Aug, 2011 5:35 PM Quote
Ah well, Nadya will just have to go down as "one who got away" (maybe luckily for her) it happens,

Feeling much better Sandy, Thanks but still take wee turns, but honestly feel now that it'll pass eventually.

A&E is never nice Kirsty hope you're not stuc

monkey
monkey Posted Mon 08 Aug, 2011 5:42 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
monkey wrote:

Aww, what's wrong, Andrew?

nothing now. Im half cut ona 3lr bottle of cider.nj0t a car in the workd. still abottle to go :
)

Dubz, I was hoping for a happy ending too. I'm sorry you didn't get to go out. I can't believe you're still feeling bad! Are you getting any better?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 08 Aug, 2011 8:56 PM Quote
Went to the dentist today. No cavities.
Watching the stock market drop. Yikes!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 08 Aug, 2011 10:14 PM Quote
Soooo the riots in London begin to scary me. Also, M.I.A. lost quite a few fans tonight (myself included) over some of the stupidest comments I have ever read in my entire life. I am so upset.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 08 Aug, 2011 11:34 PM Quote
Andrew: It does a man good to cut loose noo and again, Enjoy, but watch it, down that road madness lies.

Kayte: Good news on the teeth, The whole financial market seems to be collapsing in on itself but it won't

Megg: Keep the head down, I really hope it passes you by. What did Mia say??

Yeah, from the 20 minutes I spent with Nadya I found her funny, charming and generally quite fucking cute, However it just wasn't to be (maybe I fucked it up myself deliberately but... who knows) at least this time I think I realized she was interested rather than having my mates tell me 3 fucking days later.

Dubz

Pages Previous 1...135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:08 AM