Travis

   
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
SamuraiSandy
Posts: 2545
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 29 Jul, 2011 9:51 PM Quote
Dubz, that sucks! My sister had a few vertigo episodes (not really sure what you call them), and said it was horrible. I hope you feel better soon!
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
minnmess
Posts: 8142
minnmess Posted Fri 29 Jul, 2011 11:29 PM Quote
That sucks! Hope you feel better. One of my coworkers had it last year and was out of it on and off for weeks. Seems rather sucky.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
monkey
Posts: 1580
monkey Posted Sat 30 Jul, 2011 10:26 AM Quote
Hope you feel better soon pal!

I've lost 2stone (28 lb) over the last 5/6 weeks and had to go to work for my new uniform. My boss asked me if i had aids...not cool!!!
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
ricv64
Posts: 10115
ricv64 Posted Sat 30 Jul, 2011 2:42 PM Quote
get well soon dubz
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
mili
Posts: 3258
mili Posted Sat 30 Jul, 2011 3:24 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I've been hospitalized the past two days with acute vertigo, just bben released, ironically I look like I'm pissed when I haven't hada drink all week. I can't even stand up without throwing up it's fucking horrible.


Dubz


Ouch, that's nasty!
I had something related, but it wasn't constant. Was tested for all sorts of things including thyroid malfunction, heart and blood pressure. Found nothing.
Hope it's not Meniere’s disease, that's not nice.

Hope you feel ok soon!


I'm back from jolly Yorkshire, where I spent 10 days. Work starts again on Monday, not looking forward to it!

 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
weirdmom
Posts: 7598
weirdmom Posted Sat 30 Jul, 2011 11:23 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I've been hospitalized the past two days with acute vertigo, just bben released, ironically I look like I'm pissed when I haven't hada drink all week. I can't even stand up without throwing up it's fucking horrible.


Dubz


Dubz, I am so sorry to hear this. I had vertigo for four months about 10 years ago. I ended needing surgery on my inner ear. PM if it doesn't clear up and I can let you know a few things I learned. I sadly know how you're feeling and it's really a nightmare.
monkey wrote:
Hope you feel better soon pal!

I've lost 2stone (28 lb) over the last 5/6 weeks and had to go to work for my new uniform. My boss asked me if i had aids...not cool!!!


Andrew, from what part of your body did you lose this weight?? You're already too thin as it is.

EAT ALREADY.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
minnmess
Posts: 8142
minnmess Posted Sat 30 Jul, 2011 11:52 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I had vertigo for four months about 10 years ago. I ended needing surgery on my inner ear.


Why does this not suprise me?
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
hennypenny
Posts: 2092
hennypenny Posted Sun 31 Jul, 2011 2:16 AM Quote
Get well soon Dubz :)

Andrew, please eat some food!
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
weirdmom
Posts: 7598
weirdmom Posted Sun 31 Jul, 2011 6:37 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
I had vertigo for four months about 10 years ago. I ended needing surgery on my inner ear.


Why does this not suprise me?


I know, right? I had a tear in the membrane between my middle and inner ear and the fluid leaking in between was why I was dizzy. It took them so long to diagnose because they thought that possibly be it because usually tears happen when you have a traumatic head injury (car accident, etc.) and since I just suddenly one day was dizzy they ruled that out.

After months of doing everything else they came to the conclusion that it had to be that. My doctor had only ever seen it one other time in 25 years.

of.

course.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Posts: 8299
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 31 Jul, 2011 9:18 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
minnmess wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
I had vertigo for four months about 10 years ago. I ended needing surgery on my inner ear.


Why does this not suprise me?


I know, right? I had a tear in the membrane between my middle and inner ear and the fluid leaking in between was why I was dizzy. It took them so long to diagnose because they thought that possibly be it because usually tears happen when you have a traumatic head injury (car accident, etc.) and since I just suddenly one day was dizzy they ruled that out.

After months of doing everything else they came to the conclusion that it had to be that. My doctor had only ever seen it one other time in 25 years.

of.

course.


The doctors in the hospital claim it's from an ear infection which will clear up on it's own, I'm not so sure as it hasn't got any better or worse in the past few days and I've no other symptoms (headache,runs,pain, etc.). I've been given a prescription which was useless as I couldn't get to a chemist, but I finally forced myself to do so last night (took me 45minutes when it should have taken 10 as I had to stop every ten or so strides and get my head/breath back) the tablets are helping with the nausea, I think, but I still feel dizzy and can only sit upright for about 10 minutes then I have to lie down for half an hour. Hopefully the Doctors are correct and I'll start improving soon.

Thanks to everyone for all their kind words.


Dubz
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
monkey
Posts: 1580
monkey Posted Sun 31 Jul, 2011 9:49 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:


Andrew, from what part of your body did you lose this weight?? You're already too thin as it is.

EAT ALREADY.


I'm going to say the waist area as i now have to wear 28" jeans. BTW 28" jeans with a 32" leg, not easy to find!.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
mili
Posts: 3258
mili Posted Sun 31 Jul, 2011 2:15 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
monkey wrote:


Ric, where are your tattoos?


on my arms , one on my knee


What kind?
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
weirdmom
Posts: 7598
weirdmom Posted Sun 31 Jul, 2011 2:28 PM Quote
Dubz, did they say how long the infection should take to clear up? Maybe you need a different kind of antibiotic. At first I was told it was a virus that needed time to clear up. In hindsight I wish I had been more aggressive about saying I'm not getting better.

I was lucky to find an ENT who specializes in vertigo and while it still took awhile to weed out other stuff, he did keep trying things.

Along with anti nausea stuff they could prescribe a diuretic, which can lower the fluid level in your ear and help your symptoms.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
ricv64
Posts: 10115
ricv64 Posted Sun 31 Jul, 2011 3:09 PM Quote
mili wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
monkey wrote:


Ric, where are your tattoos?


on my arms , one on my knee


What kind?


bunch of skulls , monsters , dragon, bugs bunny , hot babe, philip guston painting and cruxifix...it was the 80's
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
mili
Posts: 3258
mili Posted Sun 31 Jul, 2011 4:24 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
mili wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
monkey wrote:


Ric, where are your tattoos?


on my arms , one on my knee


What kind?


bunch of skulls , monsters , dragon, bugs bunny , hot babe, philip guston painting and cruxifix...it was the 80's


We want piccies!!! ;^D
 
Pages Previous 1...131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 Next All Times GMT Current Time 5:11 PM
Post Reply