Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
mili
mili Posted Mon 11 Jul, 2011 5:00 PM Quote
moo_the_evil_boffin wrote:
I got my results for year one of my degree - Firsts in everything and a distinction overall! :-D

Way to go! Congrats!

mili
mili Posted Mon 11 Jul, 2011 5:31 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
monkey wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
monkey wrote:
I got home from work to find that there had been a fire in the kitchen. The short version of the story is a handbag was left sitting on the oven and BANG.

Yikes! Was your friend there at the time to put it out?

She was. I'm not sure how she put the fire out but her fingers are burnt and blistered.

Yikes! I was looking at that picture that you posted. That flat iron scares me--being on the carpeted floor. And if there was a fire in the kitchen? I wouldn't be surprised if she kept that flat iron on and left it on the carpet. Ahh...just the thought of that is stressing me out!

My daughter sometimes forgets to unplug her hair straightener, I'm really worried she'll cause a fire one of these days.

Hope your flat and friend are ok, Andrew! Hope she didn't lose anything irreplaceable.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 11 Jul, 2011 6:03 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:

Yikes! I was looking at that picture that you posted. That flat iron scares me--being on the carpeted floor. And if there was a fire in the kitchen? I wouldn't be surprised if she kept that flat iron on and left it on the carpet. Ahh...just the thought of that is stressing me out!

I make sure to buy applicanced with auto shut off because i get so paranoid about burning things down. And I try to remind myself that you rarely hear of coffee pots or straightens left on causing fires. EXCEPT for on that episode of Friends

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Mon 11 Jul, 2011 6:24 PM Quote
that picture of the messy room reminds me of school trips and having to share a room with those kind of girls who really REALLY don't have a sense of beauty and aesthetics when it comes to anything but themselves... it's like they can't even SEE the mess they've made!!
they TEND to be the same women who don't clean their brushes and leave them lying around the room (hair -> bin. it's not that difficult!), and who use hand cream and feel the urge to touch EVERYTHING immediately (I h.a.t.e. sticky doorknobs!) and who won't wash their hands after using the loo because they "didn't touch anything" (eeeeeeeewwwwww!!!!!!!)

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Mon 11 Jul, 2011 6:32 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

I make sure to buy applicanced with auto shut off because i get so paranoid about burning things down. And I try to remind myself that you rarely hear of coffee pots or straightens left on causing fires. EXCEPT for on that episode of Friends

erm, I could tell you a story about a burning toaster... but I guess I'd better not ;)

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 11 Jul, 2011 7:35 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Haha! That episode came to mind too! Yes, I like the auto-shut off function on some appliances too. So far though, I've been pretty good about unplugging anything I use as part of my morning or 'getting ready' ritual.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 14 Jul, 2011 3:28 PM Quote
I think I said I was going to stop posting about these things until I actually had a job, but.. I have an interview!

Edel
Edel Posted Thu 14 Jul, 2011 3:33 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
I think I said I was going to stop posting about these things until I actually had a job, but.. I have an interview!

Great news, best of luck :0)

And in other news Fran hates FB and has deleted/removed his profile

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Thu 14 Jul, 2011 4:13 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Yay! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 14 Jul, 2011 4:30 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

nothing wrong with posting that .....good luck

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 14 Jul, 2011 6:33 PM Quote
Best of luck, wee Canuck!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 14 Jul, 2011 10:22 PM Quote
I've almost seen Ronnie Wood. Sadface.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 15 Jul, 2011 6:38 AM Quote
Well Done and Good Luck

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 15 Jul, 2011 11:02 PM Quote
I "aquired" a Bose Wave Sound System today, and now I'm off to listen to it. Get it up ye.

http://reviews.cnet.com/sc/31127867-2-440-overview-1.gif

Dubz

Peewee
Peewee Posted Sat 16 Jul, 2011 3:31 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I "aquired" a Bose Wave Sound System today, and now I'm off to listen to it. Get it up ye.

http://reviews.cnet.com/sc/31127867-2-440-overview-1.gif

Dubz

Awe sweet!!! My dad has one and I know I shouldn't covet but it's realllllyyyyy nice!

Pages Previous 1...127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:30 PM