Travis

Re: Love
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 5:14 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

I'm actually freaked out by people-in-general's capability of doing those things to each other, as there were no morals, no true feelings anymore. I don't know if it's the matter of times we live in, or maybe before people stayed together for decades only because they couldn't afford divorces or because they were not socially accepted.

Hmm, I'm finding the opposite.

Obviously, I don't have many married friends as of yet but in the generation of my parents and people, let's say, over 30 it's pretty hard to find someone who had never been through a divorce and/or is not a single parent. But maybe that's a Polish thing as in the last 20 years society became much more liberal.

P.S. I'm tired of the effin' error-bloody-1. I'm gone.

I guess what I'm saying is now that divorce isn't scandalous anymore, it may skip a generation. Your generations in Poland may be not in sync with the US. My grandparents' generation stayed married to the bitter end, my parents generation rebelled against that, now my generation is determined to have better, lasting marriages. It's kinda the same with women having careers. My parents' generation all worked because they could and most of my friends now are stay-at-home moms because they know what it is like to be in day-care and don't want that for their children.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 5:28 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

I guess what I'm saying is now that divorce isn't scandalous anymore, it may skip a generation. Your generations in Poland may be not in sync with the US. My grandparents' generation stayed married to the bitter end, my parents generation rebelled against that, now my generation is determined to have better, lasting marriages. It's kinda the same with women having careers. My parents' generation all worked because they could and most of my friends now are stay-at-home moms because they know what it is like to be in day-care and don't want that for their children.

That's what I meant actually. Apparently in Poland we're one generation behind the US :).

megg_inc
error

megg_inc
...again

megg_inc
...and again.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 6:14 PM Quote
So what you need to do is find a nice boy whose parents went through a bitter divorce. ;o)

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 7:51 PM Quote
Do the folks who get cheated on ever think that it's something that they are doing wrong?

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 8:59 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
Do the folks who get cheated on ever think that it's something that they are doing wrong?

Yes, I thought I was doing Error_1!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 9:42 PM Quote
monkey wrote:

I think every single person who has been cheated on thinks that at some point.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 9:48 PM Quote
I just saw some article about a guy in Saskatchewan that murdered his wife in the 80s and was parolled a few years ago (im not sure the circumstances by which he was let out) and is now remarried. I'm sorry, but a MURDERER can find 2 people to love and marry him?

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 10:45 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
I just saw some article about a guy in Saskatchewan that murdered his wife in the 80s and was parolled a few years ago (im not sure the circumstances by which he was let out) and is now remarried. I'm sorry, but a MURDERER can find 2 people to love and marry him?

Maybe he has the right looks and knows how to charm the ladies?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 10:52 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
minnmess wrote:

I dont care if he looks like _____ (insert choice hot dude here). HE MURDERS PEOPLE!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 11:00 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
minnmess wrote:

I dont care if he looks like _____ (insert choice hot dude here). HE MURDERS PEOPLE!

Maybe she doesn't know about that....yet?

Edel
Edel Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 11:01 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Yeah but theres always gonna be a daft cow who feels she can 'change' him. And yups Alex, psychopaths are often good looking n charmers.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 11:06 PM Quote
To sum up this thread: Girls want a good looking psychopath with loads of money and if they don't get it on the first try they're gonna cheat.

Pages Previous 1...5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:22 AM