Travis

Re: Love
monkey
monkey Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 3:07 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
So Andrew, what you're saying is that if a guy can get meaningless sex, there's no point for him of being in a relationship? Awesome.

I'm saying a good looking guy wth millions in the bank goes hand in hand with an endless line of girls who would sleep with him. i dont condone cheating for a second but i can understand with these guys how it would happen

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 3:26 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
So Andrew, what you're saying is that if a guy can get meaningless sex, there's no point for him of being in a relationship? Awesome.

I'm saying a good looking guy wth millions in the bank goes hand in hand with an endless line of girls who would sleep with him. i dont condone cheating for a second but i can understand with these guys how it would happen

what about the ugly broke ones that cheat?

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 3:34 PM Quote
I sort of agree with Andrew. If a rich dude gets married, at least in the U.S, he will get a hell if it comes to divorce... Look at John Cleese who has to tour around the earth to pay his ex-wife.

Fancy dresses, jewelry, wedding gifts and testimonies has nothing to do with love...

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 3:38 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
monkey wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

what about the ugly broke ones that cheat?

i cant speak for us all. All cheating is wrong but with some its easier to see how it happens

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 3:39 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
I sort of agree with Andrew. If a rich dude gets married, at least in the U.S, he will get a hell if it comes to divorce... Look at John Cleese who has to tour around the earth to pay his ex-wife.

Fancy dresses, jewelry, wedding gifts and testimonies has nothing to do with love...

It's not the point. I don't care if they are married or in a long-term relationship that wasn't formalized. Cheating is still cheating.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 3:40 PM Quote
There are as many reasons to cheat as there are cheaters. I bet most married cheaters would say they still love their spouse. It could be about self-esteem, power, money, loneliness, etc.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 3:44 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

It's not the point. I don't care if they are married or in a long-term relationship that wasn't formalized. Cheating is still cheating.

and those are 2 completely different things. Divorce costing you $$ vs. feeling entitled to cheat (or more susceptible or whatever) because you are good looking and have lots of money.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 3:44 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
There are as many reasons to cheat as there are cheaters. I bet most married cheaters would say they still love their spouse. It could be about self-esteem, power, money, loneliness, etc.

So the conclusion is that a guy with a low self-esteem will cheat because he has issues and a handsome/rich guy will do it because he can.

How can I not be cynical?

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 3:46 PM Quote
Yeah cheating is still cheating, whether you're marriaged or not.

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 3:49 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

So the conclusion is that a guy with a low self-esteem will cheat because he has issues and a handsome/rich guy will do it because he can.

what and girls never cheat. blokes can get it just as bad

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 3:49 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 3:56 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

and those are 2 completely different things. Divorce costing you $$ vs. feeling entitled to cheat (or more susceptible or whatever) because you are good looking and have lots of money.

Well I was just adding another reason to why a rich guy might don't want to get married.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 3:58 PM Quote
monkey wrote:

Of course they do. I'm talking about dudes because they're who I'm interested in, but I'm actually freaked out by people-in-general's capability of doing those things to each other, as there were no morals, no true feelings anymore. I don't know if it's the matter of times we live in, or maybe before people stayed together for decades only because they couldn't afford divorces or because they were not socially accepted. Anyway, the number of couples all around me throwing away all those years together is scary.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 4:03 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
minnmess wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

Well I was just adding another reason to why a rich guy might don't want to get married.

If you are going into a marriage thinking you are going to get divorced and it will cost you lots of $$, then you really shouldnt be getting married.

Conclusion. Cheating is gross. and demoralizing. There is no excuse for it. If you want to sleep with someone else, don't be in a relationship.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 04 May, 2010 4:03 PM Quote
I don't think it's any secret that men are more apt to cheat. When women cheat, it is often an "emotional affair" (if you want to consider that cheating) or a "revenge affair" after being cheated on.

Pages Previous 1...3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:30 PM