Travis

Re: Love
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 12:49 AM Quote
So it's manly not showing any emotions and only being interested in tech gadgets and fast sport cars? :P Do you have to be a cave man to hook up with girls, is that what you're saying? ;)

monkey
monkey Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 12:58 AM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
So it's manly not showing any emotions and only being interested in tech gadgets and fast sport cars? :P Do you have to be a cave man to hook up with girls, is that what you're saying? ;)

I'm saying keep the emotion stuff to yourself for as long as you can, whay girl wants a bloke to be as sensitive as her?. It's not being interested in gadgets it's about showing that you can look after her, change a fuse, pretend you're fixing the kitchen sink...that sort of thing

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 1:03 AM Quote
Well I seldom share my emotions with people, unless it's necessary, and am pretty good with them tools, no problems there :)

Maybe what I wrote sounded more dramatic than it actually is, I was being a bit self-ironic. I can handle being by myself very well, I have no problems with that... The thing is that everyone I know are always picking on me for not having a girlfriend and I'm mostly irritated about the hole fuzz.
Apparently I'm a total weirdo for not having a gf at 24.

monkey
monkey Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 1:05 AM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Well I seldom share my emotions with people, unless it's necessary, and am pretty good with them tools, no problems there :)

well where do you f*** it up?

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 1:13 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

I guess it's the "bad-guy"-syndrome... There is always a more handsome and cooler guy around the corner, ya know? Girls like the attention and keeping their options open. When things starts feeling like routine they are out the door.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 1:23 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
cant you just get a pet?. My advice would be to keep the girly stuff to yourself. What a women wants is for a man to be man and to have someone to talk at. Avoid starting convetrsations where you're going to mention feelings, get some power tools AND most importantly pretend to be interested when hearing for the third about Janet and Daves wedding.

that is possibly the worst advice I've heard in my life, lol

monkey
monkey Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 1:23 AM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
monkey wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

I guess it's the "bad-guy"-syndrome... There is always a more handsome and cooler guy around the corner, ya know? Girls like the attention and keeping their options open. When things starts feeling like routine they are out the door.

I can't say i do know, i'm pretty special. Is the obvious answer here not to let things slip into routine?.

monkey
monkey Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 1:29 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
monkey wrote:
cant you just get a pet?. My advice would be to keep the girly stuff to yourself. What a women wants is for a man to be man and to have someone to talk at. Avoid starting convetrsations where you're going to mention feelings, get some power tools AND most importantly pretend to be interested when hearing for the third about Janet and Daves wedding.

that is possibly the worst advice I've heard in my life, lol

maybe the bit about the pet was a little strong

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 1:37 AM Quote
Pets are nice :)

The conclusion is to keep the fire burning without getting emotionally involved ^^

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 1:45 AM Quote
I don't think either one of you boys knows what you're talking about. ;o)

Find a nice girl who hopefully shares your interests. Don't play games, call her when you say you will. Let things progress at their own pace.

Check out the girl who is by herself in the corner, not the girl with a drink in her hand giving every man who walks by the eye. The ones who seem less interested or less interesting are probably the ones who are most interested and most interesting. They just take more effort to get to know. They are also the ones looking for someone who isn't a jerk.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 1:46 AM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Pets are nice :)

The conclusion is to keep the fire burning without getting emotionally involved ^^

since the subject of this thread is "love" and not "random hook up" that seems like a bad conclusion.

monkey
monkey Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 1:52 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Find a nice girl who hopefully shares your interests. Don't play games, call her when you say you will. Let things progress at their own pace.

Check out the girl who is by herself in the corner, not the girl with a drink in her hand giving every man who walks by the eye. The ones who seem less interested or less interesting are probably the ones who are most interested and most interesting. They just take more effort to get to know. They are also the ones looking for someone who isn't a jerk.

They are also the ones who after a few weeks are going to say the three most most terrifying words ever "i love you". have you never seen shutter?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 1:55 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

oh kayte, we knew that long before this thread!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 1:59 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

I don't go to bars because it's like the meat business... You can't go there and just have a beer with your friends anymore.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 2:01 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

oh kayte, we knew that long before this thread!

THIS!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:25 AM