Travis

Re: The Oscars -- do we care?
Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 08 Mar, 2010 4:58 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
I never ever pay attention to the Oscars. I don't give a damn about the dresses, the ceremony... nothing, to be honest.
Plus, I just don't agree with most of the choices they make. Some seriously awful films have won over the years.

I haven't seen any of the nominated films this year, though I want to see a few of them, but most of them sound like the typical thing Hollywood gives awards to, so they don't interest me one bit. The Sandra Bullock film is about to come out here, I've seen the trailer and it looks dreadful: typical Hollywood production and Oscar winner candidate, à la Tom Hanks films ;oP.

I never even watch the ceremony at all, I don't know when it happens, it just isn't a part of my life at all.

However, I knew El Secreto De Sus Ojos was nominated for Foreign Language Film. I watched literally 10 minutes of the ceremony and luckily I got to see the moment it won! (I didn't care about the rest, tbh, lol).
I'm really proud, because it's an excellent film, one of my all time favourites. And as much as I think quality is not what defines an Oscar winner most of the times, it's a great opportunity for the film to be seen by broader audiences. It's a really good thing for Argentina's film industry.
AGUANTE EL SECRETO DE SUS OJOS!!!!!

What she said! :p

Pretty much my answer - apart from the Foreign film bit. I don't watch the Oscars or have any interest in Hollywood fluff. B.O.R.I.N.G!!!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:08 PM Quote
I think we've had this Juli hates Tom Hanks fight like 5 times.
Conclusion, Juli is alllll kinds of crazy :)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:18 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
I think we've had this Juli hates Tom Hanks fight like 5 times.
Conclusion, Juli is alllll kinda of crazy :)

Kristy, did I ever tell you that I don't like Tom Hanks? :oP

I am crazy, but not exactly for not liking Tom Hanks. However, I'm a weirdo and I embrace it. :oD

Back to the important part of my post here, El Secreto De Sus Ojos is great. :oP

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 08 Mar, 2010 9:52 PM Quote
like Tom Hanks , Kathryn Bigelow is NOR CAL ! Bigelow also is a SFAI alumni too CHEA !

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 09 Mar, 2010 12:42 AM Quote
No, I don't care

Dubz

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 09 Mar, 2010 12:54 PM Quote
Why was Kathryn Bigelow's dress so tight? Seriously, the seams were about to burst open. She's a thin woman. Get a dress that fits. Geez.

Haha. I need to be on Fashion Police.

I'm with Megg, not really impressed with the dresses.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 09 Mar, 2010 1:05 PM Quote
everyone loved J Lo's and Amanada Seyfrieds really similar Armani Privi dresses. I did not.

I liked Rachel McAdams a lot though. And it might have been a little much, but I liked the red/pink/something wavy dress that the chick from Up in the Air wore.

and umm, Cameron Diaz looked great. And I keep changing my mind on Sandra Bullocks dress, but her hair and makeup was GORGEOUS.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 10 Mar, 2010 12:05 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
everyone loved J Lo's and Amanada Seyfrieds really similar Armani Privi dresses. I did not.

I liked Rachel McAdams a lot though. And it might have been a little much, but I liked the red/pink/something wavy dress that the chick from Up in the Air wore.

and umm, Cameron Diaz looked great. And I keep changing my mind on Sandra Bullocks dress, but her hair and makeup was GORGEOUS.

It looked like Jennifer Lopez and Amanada Seyfried's dresses were made out of sheets of styrofoam.

Up In The Air chick had too may ruffles for me.

I loved Rachel McAdams' dress, but I don't think patterns really work at the Oscars.

This was my favorite....until I saw the bottom.

http://i42.tinypic.com/10cm349.jpg

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 10 Mar, 2010 12:12 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
minnmess wrote:
I liked Rachel McAdams a lot though.

I loved Rachel McAdams' dress, but I don't think patterns really work at the Oscars.

This was my favorite....until I saw the bottom.

http://i42.tinypic.com/10cm349.jpg

that's one of the reasons why I liked it. It wasnt a typical Oscar gown.

the bottom was HORRIFIC. Muppet pompoms

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 10 Mar, 2010 6:24 AM Quote
These were my favorites:

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr253/hennypenny-photo/Cameron-diaz-2010-oscars.jpg

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr253/hennypenny-photo/Elizabeth-banks-2010-oscars.jpg

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr253/hennypenny-photo/Sandra-bullock-2010-oscars.jpg

deebee
deebee Posted Wed 10 Mar, 2010 7:21 PM Quote
Helen Mirren looked fabulous and I think Kate Winslet looks thinner and thinner every time I see her at an award ceremony!

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 7:55 AM