Re: FINAL UPDATE - UNSECRET SANTA Christmas Exchange: THE EN
thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Tue 19 Jan, 2010 5:39 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
you scare me

great.
now I'm scaring people.
*sniff*

(And, Alex, saying "oh well the damage is done" is probably the worst thing you could do right now. at least have the guts to apologise to hannah AND explain your behaviour. there's got to be an explanation.)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 19 Jan, 2010 5:50 PM Quote
okay peoples. Take a deep breath. Everything is okay. Something always goes wrong with exchanges, but for the most part it works out. Most people are happy, but with something like this, not everyone is going to be. No one joined with the intention of not following through. Things just happen. While it would have been awesome if everyone had fullfilled their commitments, it didnt happen. No use getting upset, it doesn't help anything.

So, next exchange, everyone just try to be more considerate. if you sign up, please follow through. it makes it easier for everyone.

Now, can we all hug and make up? I don't like confrontation. It upsets my stomach.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Tue 19 Jan, 2010 5:56 PM Quote
but... but... when you and the others organised the exchanges, NOTHING went wrong. well apart from some american or polish customs people eating megg's candy-exchange stuff. but that wasn't a boardie's fault. sigh.

*sigh*

I'm not really angry. just disappointed (and stressed out because I'm not supposed to be online in the first place, aahhh).

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 19 Jan, 2010 6:01 PM Quote
Im pretty sure when I organized it, there were exchanges that fell through, or atleast people that didnt post if they receieved stuff.
So, if you are upset because you think this is a reflection of you, it isnt.
Shit happens.

Dont make me be the voice of reason here, people! I dont do rational!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 19 Jan, 2010 6:10 PM Quote

It's really not your fault, Lilly! You couldn't have predicted it. No one could. This has nothing to do with who organised the exchange. You've been a great elf. *Hugs*

Well, at least Alex showed up and said he's sorry. If I was Cynthia or Irene, however, I'd be utterly pissed off xD.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 19 Jan, 2010 6:25 PM Quote
I am truly sorry that I didn't follow through with the exchange. I can assure you that it's not because of you Lilly, you have done a terrific job with this, you even contacted me to make sure I hadn't forgotten about it. What happened in mine and Hannah's exchange is totally my fault. As I said before I have no good explanation... There was a lot personal stuff happening in my life so I sort of tried to ignore the exchange and some other stuff that seemed less important at the time, pretending they didn't exist. Then my conscience started to torment me, but I felt too ashamed to contact Hannah or post something on the board... I don't know what to do about it now.

Aletways
Aletways Posted Tue 19 Jan, 2010 6:37 PM Quote
Maybe contacting Hannah and apologizing directly to her could be a good start.

Lilly, don't worry, it obviously isn't your fault! Think that most of the exchanges went out perfectly.

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Tue 19 Jan, 2010 8:33 PM Quote
I have some good news, maybe this will cheer you up, Lilly.
One month (and many calls to the American and Uruguayan Post Offices) later:

Christmas joy arrived at home!
Today I picked up Melissa's package, it was huuuge. I really wasn't expecting so much, she was a terrific Santa. When we exchanged addresses she asked me what I wanted and I mentioned that anything related to pop culture would be cool. I grew up watching American films, so I always wanted to know what pop tarts and peanut butter tasted like, the traditions sorrounding universities also seemed interesting :) Well, my Unsecret Santa managed to put all of those things in a box heading to Montevideo.
Let me show you my lovely presents:

http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu268/Ana_Smith/IMG_1675.jpg
I got mail! (The postman visit notice got lost somehow. Fortunately, Melissa gave me the receipt number and I could track it down)
http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu268/Ana_Smith/IMG_1677.jpg
The details are awesome. Look at the melting snowman and the Christmas tree!
http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu268/Ana_Smith/IMG_1679.jpg
Perfect wrapping ;)
http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu268/Ana_Smith/IMG_1680.jpg
Delicious! (I don't understand why I was told I couldn't send food but, as you may see, I was allowed to receive it... makes no sense!)
http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu268/Ana_Smith/IMG_1682.jpg
There's more? Look inside the box:
http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu268/Ana_Smith/IMG_1684.jpg
Beautiful snowman, candy and chocolate, yummy!
http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu268/Ana_Smith/IMG_1685.jpg
Go Wildcats! Haha
http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu268/Ana_Smith/IMG_1686.jpg
And, last but not least, this one is my favourite, so thoughtful. What does the necklace remind you of? It's got Travis written all over it...

Once again, I have no words to thank Melissa for being such a great exchange partner and thanks to Lilly for making it possible!
Now it feels like Christmas, YAY! *hugs*

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 19 Jan, 2010 8:39 PM Quote
hahaha, a pop tart christmas! Very odd indeed! But yummy peanut butter.
I almost have that exact necklace except both chains have that birdie on it.

Yay, Christmas lives on. Glad you were able to track down the parcel and have a belated Christmas celebration.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 19 Jan, 2010 8:44 PM Quote
Awww she did a great job. Though pop tarts make me want to puke but I can understand being curious about them.

I love that necklace. It's pretty and props for getting some pretty and Travis inspired.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 19 Jan, 2010 9:19 PM Quote
Aww...I'm glad you finally got your package! I think Melissa was a little panicky 'cause it took so long for you to get it. Cute necklace!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 20 Jan, 2010 12:15 AM Quote

Awww, lovely gifts, Ana!!!
The necklace is gorgeous :o).
Peanut butter! I have to give you the receipe of peanut butter cookies Goosey sent me, Ana. Those were great!

melissam3173
melissam3173 Posted Wed 20 Jan, 2010 7:07 AM Quote
SO glad you got everything!!! I thought the people at customs would have a party with all that I sent you LOL. I was worried cos you said you wanted it and I was trying to be all great and send you everything you asked for. I do hope you like all the Kentucky apparell (I don't think I spelled it right). You should be happy to know that you are sporting a #1 basketball team. My school is 18-0 right now. And we are the 1st school to win 2000 games. I would have sent you one of those shirts but it happened after the exchange. Glad you liked everything (was a little worried I went overboard)! I am very very happy is there now. Tell me how you like everything lol (hope the Poptarts & peanut butter is all you thought it would be and more). :0)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 20 Jan, 2010 5:10 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
but... but... when you and the others organised the exchanges, NOTHING went wrong. well apart from some american or polish customs people eating megg's candy-exchange stuff. but that wasn't a boardie's fault. sigh.

*sigh*

I'm not really angry. just disappointed (and stressed out because I'm not supposed to be online in the first place, aahhh).

Kristy is right, there were a few exchanges that fell through before you became organizer. I never got my mix CD. But no biggy. It's not the end of the world. Moray kinda stepped in and has since sent me tons of new music. :)

I wouldn't get upset about it. *BIG GROUP HUG* ;)

PS: I want that necklace!!!! I love it. It's so very "The Cage"! Where did you get it??

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Thu 21 Jan, 2010 9:51 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

It's really not your fault, Lilly! You couldn't have predicted it. No one could. This has nothing to do with who organised the exchange. You've been a great elf. *Hugs*

Well, at least Alex showed up and said he's sorry. If I was Cynthia or Irene, however, I'd be utterly pissed off xD.

I don't think it's "my fault", it's just SO annoying. If I hadn't been the "organiser" of this exchange, I'd feel exactly the same way I do now. Big thank you to everyone who's tried to cheer me up ;D

Ana, Melissa, I'm so glad that parcel's finally made its way to Uruguay!! That necklace is awesome!!!! (And I love it that the snowman could actually be a Brit, from what it says on its belly ;P)

Pages Previous 1...4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:24 PM