Travis

Social networking pitfalls...
cosmic
cosmic Posted Sun 13 Dec, 2009 1:21 PM Quote
Grr, you log on and there's a photo of you taken without your knowledge, absolutely drunk, no control of what you're doing, falling asleep on some total strayman slap bang in your face on Facebook. The absolute shame!! It was bad enough what happened that night as its made me buck up my drinking but to see it up there in its full glory is just... even more shameful. I just pushed report but the toolbar is pretty much against you reporting a photo because it is "unflattering"... ahh so put it under spam/advertisement, just hoping they'll come back for more info as I can see it being there from now til forever more.

Re: Social networking pitfalls...
mili
mili Posted Sun 13 Dec, 2009 8:09 PM Quote
I was at a family party yesterday, and my aunt told me how she found out the amount of overnight guests and where in their house (including the sauna) they slept from her 17-year-old daughter's facebook account…

cosmic
cosmic Posted Mon 14 Dec, 2009 12:57 AM Quote
I know its totally shocking what you can find out from it. I mean me and my pals have all used facebook/bebo to scan out a potential boyfriend we've met but all we're doing is reading his intro bit... I guess it makes you think should i, shouldn't i? That's all well and good albeit a little bit stalkerish but meh... I'm guilty as charged there. Its just that you don't expect to find things like that on facebook for your public humiliation if you know what I mean. I actually sent a 7 page text message to that girl's uncle this afternoon laying down every reason I had for wanting that photo off facebook and I told him that I was so enraged it cured my hangover. Think he's going to be having a word with her. I just said I can take a laugh but when its a laugh at my expense on a social networking site, its kinda borderline 'happy slapping' and I don't take that lying down.

elfy
elfy Posted Mon 14 Dec, 2009 7:39 AM Quote
I may be stating the obvious here but maybe you shouldn't get so drunk that you have no control over what you're doing? Don't get me wrong, there's been plenty of times when I've got drunk and acted like a dick but, if it's been caught on camera, I've had the sense to say, well maybe I shouldn't have acted like such a dick then. Just my thoughts of course...

cosmic
cosmic Posted Sun 20 Dec, 2009 2:08 PM Quote
Yeah you're right. I've actually made the decision not to drink back home from now on... I always get out of control cos the drink is a lot stronger and I'm not used to it. Hence why i'm always in a state. I managed to get the photo removed, my years of uni and all the networking stuff that's coming out of the woodwork helped but got into an argument with the girls uncle last night who took offence at the fact I wanted the photo removed. He just didn't see my point, but then again this a person who gets so out of control with alcohol that he walks into other people's houses and makes a total arse of himself... and then thinks his behaviour is acceptable. Can't be bothered with it anymore.

dee
dee Posted Sun 20 Dec, 2009 4:16 PM Quote
I'm your biggest fan-completely safe just NSFW

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:10 PM