Travis

Re: Requested Christmas Items
AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 7:29 PM Quote
Lots of money to travel around the world for 2 years.

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 7:52 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
lilly wrote:

Does the luggage have small maple leaves on it? ;)

no, but I ALMOST went with plaid. It's my second choice, but I went with a lovely green. But the green is pricier, so I might end up with the plaid.

Maybe I should get plaid and then sew maple leaves and sparkly bows on it! I mean, what would be classier?

well I'm sure a magic maple-bow-plaid suitcase would draw a great crowd! actually, it would be a very nice way to get in contact with people! DIY is something Brits will always understand ;D

Oh, and have you read "Watching the English" by Kate Fox? Should you be planning on moving to ENGLAND, you HAVE to read this! Really. Go and order it right now. It's full of useful information AND it's hilarious! (She's an anthropologist who decided to watch and examine the customs and "hidden rules of behaviour" of her own tribe - the English - for a change).

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 8:02 PM Quote
oooh, I likey. Thanks Lilly.

And I think I shall either be in Edinburgh or London. Details are to be worked out. I suspect it shall be chatted about come Christmas when my travel buddy is home for a couple weeks.

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 8:06 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

And I think I shall either be in Edinburgh or London. Details are to be worked out. I suspect it shall be chatted about come Christmas when my travel buddy is home for a couple weeks.

that's a tough choice, personally I'd prefer Edinburgh, but London is ... well... LONDON! *sigh* I'm jealous either way ;D

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 8:10 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
minnmess wrote:

that's a tough choice, personally I'd prefer Edinburgh, but London is ... well... LONDON! *sigh* I'm jealous either way ;D

I have pros and cons for both. I think im leaning towards Edinburgh too, but I probably have a free/cheap place to stay in London for a bit, so it might be go there first, look for a place in Edinburgh, move there. Oh and you know, something about a job, or something.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee i need this year to go by quickly.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 8:33 PM Quote
Forgot to add Larry David to my list

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcrzC_T_XOs

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 8:44 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

I have pros and cons for both. I think im leaning towards Edinburgh too, but I probably have a free/cheap place to stay in London for a bit, so it might be go there first, look for a place in Edinburgh, move there. Oh and you know, something about a job, or something.

sounds like a good plan!
A friend of mine wants to move to the UK next year, and she'd love to go to Edinburgh (she's already lived there as an exchange student) but I guess she'll end up in London ;) Anyway, I hope she'll do it SOON because I'm SO going to visit her there ;D

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 8:51 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
minnmess wrote:

sounds like a good plan!
A friend of mine wants to move to the UK next year, and she'd love to go to Edinburgh (she'd already lived there as an exchange student) but I guess she'll end up in London ;) Anyway, I hope she'll do it SOON because I'm SO going to visit her there ;D

LONDON'S AWESOME

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 8:55 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:

LONDON'S AWESOME

It is. It is also really really BIG and expensive. sigh.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 9:02 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
AbsGinger wrote:

LONDON'S AWESOME

I agree BUT it's lively and creative.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 9:03 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
AbsGinger wrote:

LONDON'S AWESOME

those are my cons.
I really loved visiting London, not sure I want to live there. Edinburgh seems more managable to me.
But who knows. I could end up setting up a shack beside Loch Ness and selling things to tourists.
Actually, that sounds awesome.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 9:12 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
lilly wrote:
AbsGinger wrote:

LONDON'S AWESOME

those are my cons.
I really loved visiting London, not sure I want to live there. Edinburgh seems more managable to me.
But who knows. I could end up setting up a shack beside Loch Ness and selling things to tourists.

and what do you plan to sell ?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 9:15 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
minnmess wrote:
lilly wrote:
AbsGinger wrote:

LONDON'S AWESOME

those are my cons.

and what do you plan to sell ?

Nessie related things? My soul?

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 9:18 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Nessie related things? My soul?

don't sell your soul

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 9:18 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

those are my cons.

that sounds like the perfect way to spend a year abroad! and if you're sick of aaaallll those people (ahem) one day, you can always catch the (slow) train to a place called "Culrain", where they have no shops (I think, at least we couldn't find one) but a one-of-a-kind youth hostel castle.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:58 AM