Travis

Thank you Lilly!
minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 02 Dec, 2009 1:18 PM Quote
I came home yesterday to a package from Hanne, my secret santa buddy, but also one from Lilly, for which I was most confused!
But after gaining her approval, I opened it this morning (still in bed, I have priorities) and found a lovely suprise!
a christmas pudding ornament, chocolates (one of which is already in my purse to eat at work later), a hippo pencil, happy hippo kinders, and a teeeeeny tiny advent wreath with teeeeeny birthday candels.

http://i50.tinypic.com/1986yp.jpg

Thank you so much Lillster! I'm genuinely very touched, albiet slightly confused, lol. Some might say that is my normal state.

Re: Thank you Lilly!
lilly
lilly Posted Wed 02 Dec, 2009 1:24 PM Quote
LOL.
I thought you'd be confused ;P I had the Olympia chocolate sitting here for you since October ;) but THEN I thought I can't just send chocolate, it's a 25th birthday! And THEN I waited for too long and got myself in suuuch a hurry... oh well. Happy belated Birthday! ;)

(arrrgh, that ornament looks worse than I remember it *lol*)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 02 Dec, 2009 2:25 PM Quote
What happened to "opening it on christmas day", Lilly and Kristy?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 02 Dec, 2009 2:38 PM Quote
It's a BIRTHDAY present, Swede Boy!

Don't be silly, Lilly (tee hee), the ornament is adorable!
And I want it to be a reasonable eating chocolate hour now.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 02 Dec, 2009 2:58 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

READ. THEN. RANT.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 02 Dec, 2009 4:06 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

READ. THEN. RANT.

I was elected to lead, not to read.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 02 Dec, 2009 5:48 PM Quote
this chocolate is yummies!

deebee
deebee Posted Wed 02 Dec, 2009 6:19 PM Quote
Aaah what a lovely thing to do Lilly;
Those Hippo Kinders look great Kristy - enjoy biting their heads off, lol.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 02 Dec, 2009 6:29 PM Quote
I might dunk their heads in coffee first! num num hippo!

lilly
lilly Posted Wed 02 Dec, 2009 7:24 PM Quote
yep, drowning them first and then biting their heads off is a great way to eat a happy hippo ;P

Alex, Megg is right, read first, it saves time and energy ;P

P.S.: and yes, of course the chocolate is yummy, it's Ritter Sport AND it's "Olympia"-flavored ;P

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 03 Dec, 2009 1:42 AM Quote
kinder hippo is DELICIOUS!

(as you can tell, my eating habits right now are phenomenal).

The inside is filled with chocolate. If I keep eating like this, I too will be a hippo filled with chocolate. Oh well. Im giving up until the new year.
num num hippo goodness.

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 03 Dec, 2009 9:09 AM Quote
it's dangerous living next to a store that sells Ritter and Kinder products *sigh*

BTW, I always thought the company was called "Kinder" because this is the German word for "children". But NO, apparently it's just the last name of the founder of the company. BORING. They started advertising "Kinder" products as grown-up food now, to take that "children's food"-label off their products... but I liked the ads better when they still had silly kids in them ;D

Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 03 Dec, 2009 11:41 AM Quote
lilly wrote:
it's dangerous living next to a store that sells Ritter and Kinder products *sigh*

BTW, I always thought the company was called "Kinder" because this is the German word for "children". But NO, apparently it's just the last name of the founder of the company. BORING. They started advertising "Kinder" products as grown-up food now, to take that "children's food"-label off their products... but I liked the ads better when they still had silly kids in them ;D

Huh? Just like you, I always thought that it was named that way because of 'children', not just the name of the founder.
At least that will explain why their products are sold here are also called Kinder and not 'børn', which is the Danish word for children.

lilly
lilly Posted Fri 04 Dec, 2009 11:32 AM Quote
Hanne wrote:

Huh? Just like you, I always thought that it was named that way because of 'children', not just the name of the founder.
At least that will explain why their products are sold here are also called Kinder and not 'børn', which is the Danish word for children.

you're right! that really explains why Kinder products are called the same everywhere! and I guess Ferrero never changed the name because the "Kinder"-brand was already way too famous? hm...

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 11:52 PM