Travis

Milwaukee 10/27 setlist
tenthdoctor
tenthdoctor Posted Fri 30 Oct, 2009 12:25 AM Quote
I had never been to Travis concert before seeing Fran and Andy in Milwaukee, and, although I'd still love to experience a full band concert, I feel really lucky to have been able to see one of these acoustic shows. Fran and Andy played for more than two and a half hours, explaining and giving background to each song. It honestly felt like they invited us into their lives for a few hours, and the stories and slides enriched my understanding of and love for their music.

Afterwards, Fran and Andy came out to meet the audience, selling merchandise, giving autographs, and posing for pictures. I was lucky enough to get pretty close to the front of the line, and there was a long line behind me, so I imagine Fran and Andy were there for a while. I was so nervous meeting them, and I hope I didn't seem awkward or foolish, but they were so genuinely friendly and nice. It was really amazing that they took the time to do this; so many lesser bands would never do this for their fans, and the chance to meet such iconic musicians was incredible.

Fran and Andy, if you read this, it was show was beyond fantastic and it was amazing to meet you.

The setlist is (i think) as follows:

More Than Us
All I Want to Do Is Rock
Turn
U16 Girls
Writing to Reach You
Beautiful Bird
As You Are
Why Does It Always Rain On Me
Slide Show
Flowers in the Window
Blue Flashing Light
Sing
Side
The Cage
Love Will Come Through
Closer
My Eyes
Before You Were Young
As It Comes

Requests:

Last Train
...Baby One More Time
Selfish Jean

Re: Milwaukee setlist and review
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 30 Oct, 2009 1:09 AM Quote
Thanks for the little review and especially the setlist. Once again Frandy have excelled themselves! More Than Us, The Cage, Last Train and *shudder of delight* Beautiful Bird! That song is wonderful! I'm glad you had a great time (you're very lucky!) and I hope you'll get to see them again soon!

PS. Tenth doctor... David Tennant fan? :)

Re: Milwaukee 10/27 setlist
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 30 Oct, 2009 12:44 PM Quote
Oh Beautiful Bird, had almost forgot about that song hehe :P

I would kill to hear The Cage live!!

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sat 31 Oct, 2009 12:59 AM Quote
Welcome tenthdoctor (a fellow Who fan?) :) Cheers for the setlist.

tenthdoctor
tenthdoctor Posted Sat 31 Oct, 2009 4:47 AM Quote
Hey everyone, thanks for the welcome! it truly was a fantastic show, as I imagine all the shows on this tour have been.

And yes, i am a huge David Tennant/Doctor Who fan. I'm looking forward to the new special next month but sad that David Tennant's departure approaches:(

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 01 Nov, 2009 2:31 AM Quote
Wow, did they really do Beautiful Bird?!?!?! Amazing!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 02 Nov, 2009 6:37 PM Quote
I think I've lost both Beautiful and Beaufiful Bird, will some lovely soul please send it to me? Ben? Huuh.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 11:55 PM