Travis

Buskers
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 25 Oct, 2009 9:04 PM Quote

Dublin is full of wanks, there are usually about four people pretending to be statues on Grafton Street, They're wanks the lot of them.

However outside McDonalds on my way home this evening I saw what can only be described as a fiesty 10 year old with an acoustic guitar singing "Where is My Mind" !! wtf

Dubz

Re: Buskers
mili
mili Posted Mon 26 Oct, 2009 6:35 AM Quote
Someone made a mistake of playing bagpipes outside a nightclub in Helsinki on Saturday night (22.30ish). Five police cars came to the rescue when the piper was attacked.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Mon 26 Oct, 2009 12:56 PM Quote
Bagpipe players should be attacked , they have only themselves to blame.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 28 Oct, 2009 4:11 PM Quote
sage burning drum circles bring out the rage

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Wed 28 Oct, 2009 5:46 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

However outside McDonalds on my way home this evening I saw what can only be described as a fiesty 10 year old with an acoustic guitar singing "Where is My Mind" !! wtf

The other day I saw a band of wee boys in Grafton Street. They were quite good!

cosmic
cosmic Posted Thu 14 Jan, 2010 11:59 PM Quote
Haha, you should see the buskers in Aberdeen...

There's a guy who sits outside M&S and he is awful... sits with a keyboard and seems to sing the same song over and over and he is pretty out of tune... Its all miserable songs he sings aswell.

And a lot of homeless buskers... There's a guy who used to play his guitar outside Gap, grey hair, never shaved, used to love his version of Sweet Home Alabama and anytime I was down and walked past him playing that song, he would always get a few pennies out of my purse. Not seen him in ages tho, he seems to be replaced by someone else...

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 20 Jan, 2010 4:17 PM Quote
Big up to a local busker who I heard singing "there is a light that never goes out" cheering up shoppers outside M & S! Well he made me happy :)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 21 Jan, 2010 10:26 PM Quote
I've started busking. It's the best job I've ever had :)

It makes my Saturday nights- much much better than wasting money getting drunk and not remembering a thing :)

mili
mili Posted Fri 22 Jan, 2010 11:44 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
I've started busking. It's the best job I've ever had :)

It makes my Saturday nights- much much better than wasting money getting drunk and not remembering a thing :)

Do you make a lot of money with it?

There are some buskers in Helsinki, one brave one was playing xylophone in -12 °C.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 22 Jan, 2010 2:24 PM Quote
Well it's the best-paid job i've ever had. Even at my lowest rate, I am still making about twice as much as some of my friends who have "real" jobs.

But when you get a good night, you can make a lot of money. And have a lot of fun doing it, more to the point!

mili
mili Posted Fri 22 Jan, 2010 6:14 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Well it's the best-paid job i've ever had. Even at my lowest rate, I am still making about twice as much as some of my friends who have "real" jobs.

But when you get a good night, you can make a lot of money. And have a lot of fun doing it, more to the point!

Well, you must be a good one, judging by your own songs and recordings you'll bring some quality to the busking scene. Your tallness can't be a hindrance, either. Do you play mainly your own songs or are covers more profitable? If you play covers, what do you play?

monkey
monkey Posted Sat 23 Jan, 2010 1:36 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:

I find that very hard to believe.

cosmic
cosmic Posted Mon 25 Jan, 2010 1:28 AM Quote
Tonie wrote:
Big up to a local busker who I heard singing "there is a light that never goes out" cheering up shoppers outside M & S! Well he made me happy :)

Ahh, must be the same busker who sings Sweet Home Alabama... he makes me smile. The guy with the keyboard is awful, he sings all country and western, my wife left me for the milkman kinda tunes or if they're all about love,he couldn't sound anymore happy lol

paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 25 Jan, 2010 6:20 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
paul_c wrote:

I find that very hard to believe.

Well I'm a student. So most of my friends are students too- and are on jobs that pay 5 or 6 pounds an hour. It's not hard to beat that much on a Saturday night

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 7:00 PM