Travis

The Travis font on Rihanna's new album???
martina
martina Posted Sun 18 Oct, 2009 8:05 PM Quote
I'm not sure if this is off topic or not but I have to share this... It seems like the same font to me... what do you think?

Re: The Travis font on Rihanna's new album???
martina
martina Posted Sun 18 Oct, 2009 8:08 PM Quote
ehm sorry they didnt let me link the image! this is the page (scroll down)
[url=]http://www.airdave.it/rihanna-the-wait-is-ova-il-nuovo-album-dal-23-novembre-9069/[/url]

mili
mili Posted Sun 18 Oct, 2009 9:31 PM Quote
Well, from the small picture it does look like Avant Garde Gothic, the same as the classic Travis logo font. It's been pretty trendy for some years now, and I believe that one reason Ode to J. Smith had a different font was because Avant Garde was everywhere at the time.

cosmic
cosmic Posted Sun 18 Oct, 2009 9:41 PM Quote
Yeah, its very like the Travis font - actually too similar.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 18 Oct, 2009 11:34 PM Quote
Yeah that's the same font :S

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Mon 19 Oct, 2009 12:32 AM Quote
mili wrote:
I believe that one reason Ode to J. Smith had a different font was because Avant Garde was everywhere at the time.

wasn't because they moved away from Independiente?
I miss that font :s

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 19 Oct, 2009 6:14 AM Quote
chea !

http://www.expressobeans.com/remote/3837:143392.jpg

mili
mili Posted Mon 19 Oct, 2009 6:39 AM Quote
alanistradi wrote:
mili wrote:
I believe that one reason Ode to J. Smith had a different font was because Avant Garde was everywhere at the time.

No, that's not the case as far as I understand, see here:

Fran wrote:
(Wed 06 Aug, 2008 6:17 AM) Quote
purplesky wrote:
Gosse wrote:

Uuuuuhhh... I'm a bit black & white on this cover. I can't say it's love at first sight, but I love the thought of doing a graphic cover - and it's beautiful and mysterious at the same time. Very harmonic... very much saying: something has happened since last time. Interesting! Think it'll grow in time.

But... I'm so sorry, that they've change the TRAVIS-spelling... that font with the A-V is so, so, so beautiful. I miss that on the front cover.

I think we must face, that Travis have dropped that design of the name for good... sadly... but still I deeply respect and understand the need for a band to push on, move forward for changes...

Luv,
G!

I agree :)

Travis hasn't dropped it's LOGO. It's just using a new one on this record. Ahhhhh fresh...I posted this before...go look

also

Fran wrote:
(Sat 10 May, 2008 10:07 PM) Champers it is the avante garde that was used. Mark Tappin from Blue Source and now half of Tappin Gofton designed the logo making use of the "A' and the "V". Everyone uses this font now. It is everywhere but it will always look the coolest with this A V thing going on. I remember seeing a mock up of the writing to reach you art work with the new type face and getting really excited. Mark is also responsible for all of Coldplays covers and Tappin Gofton did the Feeling's first album artwork ( I hasten to say that they were not responsible for the current Feeling artwork) WHat else did they do ummm they did the RUmble Strips and they do The Young Knives and they do the Chemical Brothers...

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Mon 19 Oct, 2009 6:52 PM Quote
mili wrote:
alanistradi wrote:
mili wrote:

No, that's not the case as far as I understand, see here:

Fran wrote:
(Wed 06 Aug, 2008 6:17 AM) Quote
purplesky wrote:
Gosse wrote:

Uuuuuhhh... I'm a bit black & white on this cover. I can't say it's love at first sight, but I love the thought of doing a graphic cover - and it's beautiful and mysterious at the same time. Very harmonic... very much saying: something has happened since last time. Interesting! Think it'll grow in time.

But... I'm so sorry, that they've change the TRAVIS-spelling... that font with the A-V is so, so, so beautiful. I miss that on the front cover.

I think we must face, that Travis have dropped that design of the name for good... sadly... but still I deeply respect and understand the need for a band to push on, move forward for changes...

Luv,
G!

I agree :)

Travis hasn't dropped it's LOGO. It's just using a new one on this record. Ahhhhh fresh...I posted this before...go look

also

Fran wrote:
(Sat 10 May, 2008 10:07 PM) Champers it is the avante garde that was used. Mark Tappin from Blue Source and now half of Tappin Gofton designed the logo making use of the "A' and the "V". Everyone uses this font now. It is everywhere but it will always look the coolest with this A V thing going on. I remember seeing a mock up of the writing to reach you art work with the new type face and getting really excited. Mark is also responsible for all of Coldplays covers and Tappin Gofton did the Feeling's first album artwork ( I hasten to say that they were not responsible for the current Feeling artwork) WHat else did they do ummm they did the RUmble Strips and they do The Young Knives and they do the Chemical Brothers...

Ooooh! now I see!
thanks Mili! some people gave me wrong info :)

It's true, that font is everywhere now but it's good for me,as a nice Travis reminder :)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 2:28 PM