Travis

Re: holiday
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 19 Oct, 2009 3:45 PM Quote
Thanks for your contribution Edel! =)

I think your lyrics are more suiting than mine! However I can't hear Fran singing them, especially not the "Your eyes are black, my eyes are blue" - part.. I definitely hear "hands" there, but that doesn't make much sense, does it?

davidbova
davidbova Posted Mon 19 Oct, 2009 4:09 PM Quote
caught it on youtube!

really really like it! cant wait to hear a studio recording..

the lyrics are great and the melody a lovely little journey! anyone else hear bob dylan-esque phrasings on the end some of the chorus lines? i like the turn of the tongue there!

if i had to compare it to something, it would be sandwiched between follow the light and afterglow on TIB.

got some chords in preparation for a possible new album track!

intro/verse Em G C Am

chorus: D G C

middle 8: D G D C

Edel
Edel Posted Mon 19 Oct, 2009 4:11 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Thanks for your contribution Edel! =)

I think your lyrics are more suiting than mine! However I can't hear Fran singing them, especially not the "Your eyes are black, my eyes are blue" - part.. I definitely hear "hands" there, but that doesn't make much sense, does it?

Well me ears are troubled after a hard day at work. Kids were in shite moods after a weeks holidays so were beating the crap outta each other, throwing chairs etc hehe. Ive changed a few things after hearing it again but gotta get spuds ready for dinner now so hopefully someone else can enlighten us. Ses

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 19 Oct, 2009 4:22 PM Quote
davidbova wrote:
anyone else hear bob dylan-esque phrasings on the end some of the chorus lines? i like the turn of the tongue there!

Yeah I hear it too, that's probably why I like it so much ;) Have listened to it 15 times today..

Ps. I hear "eyes" now, will change that line in my version of the lyrics :P

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Sat 24 Oct, 2009 1:19 PM Quote
Great song, looking forward to a studio version!

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 24 Oct, 2009 7:22 PM Quote
WOW - I Love that I really do - HIT

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sun 25 Oct, 2009 7:08 PM Quote
Edel and Alex--thanks for the lyrics.

Cynthia
Cynthia Posted Mon 26 Oct, 2009 3:45 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Ok, so I REALLY wanted to wait to make this song a surprise for when I see them live on Thursday, but I am weak when it comes to this kinda thing and totally just clicked the link and listened to it. lol. IT'S GREAT!! On the second listen now. I like! Thumbs up.

Nikki you are such a weak minded individual. ; )

A few nights ago I had a dream that I came on the messageboard and there was an announcement that they were canceling the rest of the tour because they were going on holiday to Israel. I think it was a combo of this song and Fran's story about writing Rain on Me in Israel. LOL

I, too, recently had a Travis dream! (My first time ever dreaming about them, I might add.) I got to see their show on Saturday and had this dream very early on Saturday morning, so I obviously had that streaming through my brain. Anyway, here's what my dream was about:

It was just before the concert and for some reason it had been moved outdoors under a big, white tent. There was a little table where beverages were being sold and it was being manned by Neil, who looked bored and annoyed to be selling drinks. Dougie was there too, only he was standing there ironing a white shirt, which Fran was supposed to wear on stage later that evening. I noticed Dougie and told him that I would be happy to iron so he wouldn't have to; he graciously accepted my offer. So there I was ironing Fran's shirt when a stranger approached me and started asking for directions. In my moment of distraction, I realized I had scorched Fran's shirt and left a huge brown iron burn mark on it. Horrified by what I had done, I woke up in a cold sweat. So odd!

Jarjohm
Jarjohm Posted Wed 28 Oct, 2009 4:30 AM Quote
Saw the guys in Madison this past weekend and took a video. Here's a second version to check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_YXdvPV_hk

I like the song a lot. It'll be interesting to hear what it sounds like with the full band and a studio recording.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 28 Oct, 2009 4:50 AM Quote
Cynthia wrote:

I, too, recently had a Travis dream! (My first time ever dreaming about them, I might add.) I got to see their show on Saturday and had this dream very early on Saturday morning, so I obviously had that streaming through my brain. Anyway, here's what my dream was about:

It was just before the concert and for some reason it had been moved outdoors under a big, white tent. There was a little table where beverages were being sold and it was being manned by Neil, who looked bored and annoyed to be selling drinks. Dougie was there too, only he was standing there ironing a white shirt, which Fran was supposed to wear on stage later that evening. I noticed Dougie and told him that I would be happy to iron so he wouldn't have to; he graciously accepted my offer. So there I was ironing Fran's shirt when a stranger approached me and started asking for directions. In my moment of distraction, I realized I had scorched Fran's shirt and left a huge brown iron burn mark on it. Horrified by what I had done, I woke up in a cold sweat. So odd!

This dream cracked me up!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 28 Oct, 2009 5:15 AM Quote
The more times that I listen to this song, the more I can't wait to hear it with the full band. Great song!

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Wed 25 Nov, 2009 11:52 AM Quote
Fran posted the lyrics for this song as well:

Holiday

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 25 Nov, 2009 12:42 PM Quote
Ana_Smith wrote:
Fran posted the lyrics for this song as well:

Holiday

Great lyrics in this one as well :)