Travis

Spotify
Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 26 Aug, 2009 3:11 PM Quote
Good/Bad/Last.fm's still better ...?

It's been getting some publicity recently, so I thought I'd ask what people think.

I like it, much better, cleaner than Last.fm, and faster.

Re: Spotify
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 26 Aug, 2009 3:50 PM Quote
I use it all day at work , its a great idea.

Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 26 Aug, 2009 3:59 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
I use it all day at work , its a great idea.

I'm not allowed to use it at work :-(

Edel
Edel Posted Wed 26 Aug, 2009 4:06 PM Quote
Have no idea, just wanted to say hello :0)

Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 26 Aug, 2009 4:07 PM Quote
Edel wrote:

'ello. How's you?

Edel
Edel Posted Wed 26 Aug, 2009 4:14 PM Quote
Kristy wrote:
Edel wrote:

'ello. How's you?

Got out of a meeting today so thought I'd pop on the net for a while. Busy at work, a lot of changes that I aint too happy about. But could be worse. Hows things in your parts?

Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 26 Aug, 2009 4:19 PM Quote
Edel wrote:

Got out of a meeting today so thought I'd pop on the net for a while. Busy at work, a lot of changes that I aint too happy about. But could be worse. Hows things in your parts?

I've got a few changes going on at work too; some good, some bad ...
Things are ok thanks. Although on the whole 2009 has been a pretty crap year if I'm honest. Can't believe it's September next week - it has been crap, but the year has gone by so quick!

Edel
Edel Posted Wed 26 Aug, 2009 5:06 PM Quote
I know, its crazy. Methinks there must be more to life:0/ Anyways better get some food ready. Catch up later:0)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 26 Aug, 2009 11:20 PM Quote
I use them for different reasons, Spotify to listen to music and Last.fm to see what I'm listening to the most. It's a great thing that you can scrobble from Spotify, I think. Is there full-lenght tracks avaible on Last.fm? I didn't know that.

However it's a shame that they keep removing my favourite artists from Spotify, first it was Travis and now mr Dylan. I will keep using it as long as they leave the boss and Coldplay alone though.

mili
mili Posted Thu 27 Aug, 2009 9:56 PM Quote
I got into Spotify for a a while, but soon had enough of those ads (don't want to pay their fees). I do still check out albums there before making the decision to buy or not (latest was the Grizzly Bear one). LastFM I use for my own charts.

I've recently rediscovered the library. There's a big one with a huge music collection not that far from home, and a smaller one closer. All the local libraries are in the same online directory and ordering a book or a cd to your nearest library only cost 50 cents. If it's there already, it's free for four weeks. My recent founds have been almost all of the Belle & Sebastian's and a couple of the Decemberists' cds.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 27 Aug, 2009 11:02 PM Quote
Hi Kristy :)

Spotify's great, I hardly ever buy an album without listening to some tracks there first. It's got so many more tracks than last.fm, though they're gradually removing some thanks to those lovely copyright laws :( I don't mind the adverts at all, I'm used to blanking them out I guess.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 28 Aug, 2009 12:01 AM Quote
Yeah Spotify is awesome. So long as the artist you want to listen to is actually on it that is. It'll be interesting to see what it evolves into next, and whether this method of listening to music will really push the music industry into some place new, or whether it's just a passing fad. Is it available on mobiles/iPhone etc? If not that'll be the next step I guess - a Spotify app that suddenly gives you a massive catalogue of music that you can listen to on-the-go, providing you're online that is.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 28 Aug, 2009 3:33 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Is it available on mobiles/iPhone etc? If not that'll be the next step I guess - a Spotify app that suddenly gives you a massive catalogue of music that you can listen to on-the-go, providing you're online that is.

I think there's an app for iPhones but you have to be a premium member and pay £9.99 a month (correct me if I'm wrong). Surely in the future people will pay a nominal amount and have access to pretty much every track ever on their phone/mp3 player/coffee machine device (let's face it, the first person who includes a portable beverage dispenser in their gadget is going to make a killing :P). Don't ask me how that will work for the musicians wallets... more expensive tour tickets? :(

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:32 PM