Travis

Re: Last gig you went to and rate it!
Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Tue 10 Nov, 2009 10:24 PM Quote
let me see... this year included...

january: oasis 9/10 - great gig and i'm glad i got to see them again before the split :(

february: travis. mwaah. 100/10 - second best travis gig after the one in london last year.

july: james morrison 7/10 - sort of disappointing but can't really remember why. it was good, but not great. the support (milow) was amazing, tho.

july: snow patrol 10/10 - front row and loads of fun, good times, heh.

august: amy macdonald 10/10 - another amazing gig. wonderful music and nice in between storytelling ^^

august: coldplay 9/10 - normally coldplay are always mindblowing live, but sadly expected a bit more than i got this time. experience was spoilt due to some idiots around me; plus mr. martin didn't exactly seem to be in his best mood, heh.

september: emiliana torrini 8/10 - really, really good music wise. crowd sucked, tho.

october: the fray 8/10 - good. unfortunately a bit too loud.

yep, it's been a good year when it comes to music - there were also some great german bands i saw :)

melissam3173
melissam3173 Posted Wed 11 Nov, 2009 12:48 AM Quote
Last gig I went to was Fran & Andy October 21, Southgate House! I would rate it infinity of awesomeness out of 10 lol. Next was New Found Glory October 30 same place. The show was really great but, I have been to see them before and they were better. NFG just seemed like they didn't wanna be there and played a really short set. Waiting out in the rain to meet them wasn't all that great either. I got to hang with them before and they were just kinda over it (I think it had to do with someone attacking the lead singer) but it was still a good experience. I had fun overall! x

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 12 Nov, 2009 12:18 AM Quote
We're just home from "King" Yellowman. I'd give it a 9/10, could have been better in parts but you haven't lived until you've seen a muscular, albino, disfigured 53 year old bounce about a stage like he was in his teens.

Zungazungzzungazungazenga

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 13 Nov, 2009 1:47 PM Quote
ray davies !!!!!!

Yeah the night started off sucky by being in shitty traffic for 45 mins but uber lucked out and found parking a block away . We get into the venue just 5 mins before he and another guitar player hit the stage . He started off just acoustic but was playing alot of the older songs . he realy kept a rapor with the auidence then the band started joining him on stage. He strapped on a electric and said , " you know what this means " . He then annouced a quick 15 min break then came back with a huge choir and did a bunch off Arthur and Village Green . Outside of his solo album songs , which i never heard he didn't go any newer then come dancing . The choir songs were completly rearanged. From crusing through his web site not all shows are having a choir but still I recommend you go see ray davies. I 'm a big KINKs fan and had seen em 7 times so I may be biased , but the dude rocks .

we had printed this poster for him the night , wish i coulda got a copy signed but whatever ...great performer always !

http://www.expressobeans.com/remote/3837:147730.jpg

you want one , go here

http://chucksperry.net/

Intergalactic91
Intergalactic91 Posted Sun 15 Nov, 2009 3:13 PM Quote
Muse O2 Arena - 13th November

Was probably the greatest gig I've been too. Sorry Travis, The stage design, sound, and effects were incredible. My legs & back was ruined.
Recommended!

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Sun 15 Nov, 2009 3:19 PM Quote
Kasabian 12th november Secc

10/10

They absolutely nailed it from beginning to end.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 15 Nov, 2009 3:30 PM Quote
widespread panic... i walked out

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Thu 26 Nov, 2009 10:27 PM Quote
^doesn't sound too good ;)

franz ferdinand 10/10 - FUN!

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Fri 27 Nov, 2009 12:09 PM Quote
Anyone going to see Marylin Manson?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 27 Nov, 2009 1:07 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:

i saw him not to long ago , the band is tight but he's a utter freak who told the venue management that anyone in the staff who looked him in the eye will be sent home. i cut out when he started on that name the town , say how much evil he's done in it in the past .

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Fri 27 Nov, 2009 11:28 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Somewhere Else wrote:

i saw him not to long ago , the band is tight but he's a utter freak who told the venue management that anyone in the staff who looked him in the eye will be sent home. i cut out when he started on that name the town , say how much evil he's done in it in the past .

He's in UK at the moment - he tries very hard to shock but yea... whats inside him? Big influence but where do you go from that point theres nowhere to go.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 06 Dec, 2009 2:38 PM Quote
Last night I went to the CRANBERRIES with only vagly knowing a few songs . I was so ready to bail in case it was full of dredlocked hippies wearing cat in the hat hats but NO they were full of energy and trew down. The show was about 1/3 sing along by the fans , potheads galore , and ZOMBIE totaly crushed ! The show was sold out but I was able to bum rush by saying i know a DEburca and the door man let me in . CHEA ! free drink ticket too , uber CHEA ! It's the 2nd to last stop on the tour so my recommendation is late but hell yeah see em !

Loubsi
Loubsi Posted Sun 06 Dec, 2009 8:03 PM Quote
Charlie Winston: 7/10... I woulnd't say I've been disappointed really but there was something missing, I don't know what. The venue was so bad and the audience a bit cold. The performance was good, nothing more (a couple of very beautiful moments though)

And two months ago, Tori Amos in Paris: 20/10!!! No words, I was blown away! She was amazing, the audience was so into it (totally mental at the end!), the sound and lights were absolutely perfect, more than 2 hrs of pure magic!!

dee
dee Posted Sun 06 Dec, 2009 9:17 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
The show was sold out but I was able to bum rush by saying i know a DEburca and the door man let me in . CHEA !

:D

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Sun 06 Dec, 2009 10:12 PM Quote
A week and two days ago (time goes by so fast!) I went to The Killers gig in Buenos Aires. I have to give it a 9 out of 10. Reasons? Well, at first I thought I was going alone, since nobody I knew from Uruguay was willing to spend what a trip to Argentina costs, plus the tickets to see the band. Then I found out that Leti was going with some friends (in the end, she was the one who send me the ticket by mail) so, we decided to meet there.

The show lived up to my expectations, they played for an hour and a half, though it may not sound like much, it was the best hour and a half of my life, haha! There was not a single minute to relax. We jumped, danced and sang non-stop. People were euphoric, it had been two years since the last time they played here (back then they shared the stage with Travis and Starsailor).

This was my first time seeing them live and it blew me away. Brandon Flowers has turned into a more charismatic frontman and Ronnie Vannucci has an incedible amount of energy, there seems to be some kind of immediate feedback from the audience.
The images on the big screen, the confetti after the chorus "I got soul" in All these things that I've done and the fireworks as When you were young reached its climax. Wow! It was over the top, so Las Vegas that I can't help but love it :)

If I have to choose a moment of the night, it's almost a tie between every single time Brandon spoke in an almost perfect Spanish, and when they did an Elvis cover (Can't help falling in love) after A dustland fairytale. The crowd of thousands singing that classic at the top of their lungs was the most beautiful thing I've ever experienced at a concert.

The whole combo, friends + crowd + band + special effects, made it memorable. I feel like a silly teenager and the feeling is great!

Btw, I'm saving my 10/10 for Travis :P
PS: It'd be nice to see The Cranberries when they come to Argentina but, I need to save money for the still unconfirmed U2 gigs...

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:51 AM