Travis

Last gig you went to and rate it!
gingy
gingy Posted Wed 19 Aug, 2009 2:33 PM Quote
Dunno if this has been done before. Couldn't find the thread :P

Anyways, my last gig was Mew @ Java Rockin'land 2009, Jakarta Indonesia. Bloody brilliant with awesome visuals and fireworks at the end. Fantastic sing-alongs from the crowd for almost every song!

9/10

Re: Last gig you went to and rate it!
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 19 Aug, 2009 2:49 PM Quote
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/ricv64/down.jpg

a heavy metal ,stonner rock fest . down had hit the corner bar before the gig and were uterly wasted but on top of it . super nice guys . the Melvins were in 2 drummer mode ,not my favorite line up but since they've been on the road nonstop were super tight . i had never seen Weedeatter who musicaly were pretty rad but not crazy for the vocal screaching style but the drummer pounded the hell outta his skins , Danava were the highlight , totaly new to me and very much in a early sabbath mode .

i think before this i had seen jewel who's no buffy saint marie

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Wed 19 Aug, 2009 3:50 PM Quote
Travis at the Astoria in London last October (My god, it doesn't feel that long ago!)

10/10 because they're brilliant live, I met some lovely people, Flat Travis attended and I'm still smiling :-)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 19 Aug, 2009 5:23 PM Quote
I went to see The Kooks on the 17th june 2009.
They rocked, the audience not so much, so I didn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to. Still they were great, and the setlist was awesome :o). 9/10.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 19 Aug, 2009 7:23 PM Quote
The Trashcan Sinatras August 5th, 2009

Hmmmm I would have to say 7/10. It was pretty good and they sounded great. They played a ton of stuff off their new album which was nice, but it hasn't been released here yet so no one really knew the new songs at all. They are very mellow and don't talk a whole lot. Every band I will ever see though is cursed because I will always compare them to my Travis experiences. I definitely liked it though.

mili
mili Posted Wed 19 Aug, 2009 10:07 PM Quote
Morrissey in June in Helsinki. The band was great and he sang well, but it seemed a bit like a routine gig. At least we saw him take off his shirt a few times ;^)
The setlist was good. but the venue wasn't best possible, a long narrow hall at a former cable factory. I never knew there were so many super tall people in Helsinki!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 19 Aug, 2009 10:30 PM Quote
Passion Pit, 8/17 at Kansas University Lied Center.

Every year my college puts on a free concert for Hawk Week. It was suppose to be on the hill but it was wet so the moved it inside. It was... fucking fantastic.

heyjude
heyjude Posted Thu 20 Aug, 2009 12:47 AM Quote
Meridith wrote:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Trashcans to bits!! My last gig was back-to-back July 30th & 31st Trashcan shows on this same 'new album preview' tour. They don't always come out to greet fans like our very own Travis, but I got lucky and met all of them for pics and autographs. That was nice. I can't wait for them to roll into town again. 8/10.

gingy
gingy Posted Thu 20 Aug, 2009 1:33 AM Quote
mili wrote:
Morrissey in June in Helsinki. The band was great and he sang well, but it seemed a bit like a routine gig. At least we saw him take off his shirt a few times ;^)
The setlist was good. but the venue wasn't best possible, a long narrow hall at a former cable factory. I never knew there were so many super tall people in Helsinki!

What I wouldn't do to see Morrissey live! Alas, my country has failed me terribly when it comes to good gigs :'( But then again, I don't fancy seeing Morrissey sans shirt! Lol

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Thu 20 Aug, 2009 2:20 AM Quote
gingy wrote:

Anyways, my last gig was Mew @ Java Rockin'land 2009, Jakarta Indonesia. Bloody brilliant with awesome visuals and fireworks at the end. Fantastic sing-alongs from the crowd for almost every song!

9/10

Really? You saw Mew?

Great band. I'm gonna see them in September here in Mexico. Can't wait!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 20 Aug, 2009 5:11 AM Quote
heyjude wrote:
Meridith wrote:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Trashcans to bits!! My last gig was back-to-back July 30th & 31st Trashcan shows on this same 'new album preview' tour. They don't always come out to greet fans like our very own Travis, but I got lucky and met all of them for pics and autographs. That was nice. I can't wait for them to roll into town again. 8/10.

hey they joked around on the 31st , yeah that was a rad show

elisaortiz_celticfc
elisaortiz_celticfc Posted Thu 20 Aug, 2009 5:53 AM Quote
Well... the last one (of a famous band/artist) was PETER GABRIEL and TRAVIS (Mexico City, march 27th, 2009); it was a nice concert (I posted a little review with the tracklist and some pics at the tour archive)... But, in fact, the last concert I attended was on may 16th, 2009, at Mexico City, in a very small concert hall... classical music played my mexican musicians (I LOVE classical music).

mili
mili Posted Thu 20 Aug, 2009 8:12 AM Quote
gingy wrote:
mili wrote:

What I wouldn't do to see Morrissey live! Alas, my country has failed me terribly when it comes to good gigs :'( But then again, I don't fancy seeing Morrissey sans shirt! Lol

Well, he didn't look too bad ;^)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsv6Zxd43bA

gingy
gingy Posted Thu 20 Aug, 2009 1:15 PM Quote
Rammsfer wrote:
gingy wrote:

9/10

Really? You saw Mew?

Great band. I'm gonna see them in September here in Mexico. Can't wait!

great? they blew me away!!! have you got the new album yet? they played quite a number of songs fr there. here's the setlist fr the jakarta gig so you can prepare yourself! Hail Mew!!!

She Spider (Intro)
New Terrain
Introducing Palace Players
Circuitry Of The Wolf
Chinaberry Tree
Special
The Zookeeper’s Boy
White Lips Kissed
Uda Pruda
Repeater Beater
Sometimes Life Isn’t Easy
Am I Wry? No!
Snow Brigade

Encore:
Apocalypso
Saviours of Jazz Ballet (Fear me, December)
Small Ambulance
Comforting Sounds

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Fri 21 Aug, 2009 2:27 AM Quote
gingy wrote:
great? they blew me away!!! have you got the new album yet? they played quite a number of songs fr there. here's the setlist fr the jakarta gig so you can prepare yourself! Hail Mew!!!

She Spider (Intro)
New Terrain
Introducing Palace Players
Circuitry Of The Wolf
Chinaberry Tree
Special
The Zookeeper’s Boy
White Lips Kissed
Uda Pruda
Repeater Beater
Sometimes Life Isn’t Easy
Am I Wry? No!
Snow Brigade

Encore:
Apocalypso
Saviours of Jazz Ballet (Fear me, December)
Small Ambulance
Comforting Sounds

I'm sure they'll blow me away too ;) No, I haven't, but I will. The album is not yet available in Mexico. And yeah I saw the setlist, I'm in the official forum.

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:34 PM