Travis

Re: Last gig you went to and rate it!
mili
mili Posted Sat 26 Nov, 2011 9:59 AM Quote
Rubik at Tavastia, Helsinki, 25.11.
Very nice, lovely singing, the stage full of amazing array of instruments (including trumpet, sax, two sets of drums, three keyboards etc) played by seven men. It was the first concert of their "Christmas Three" homecoming mini tour after a long tour abroad, excellent evening.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 07 Dec, 2011 3:44 PM Quote
Stooges .....Slayed ... Openers Les Butcherites , were a pretty rad three piece playing a semi post punk noise . Stooges played all of Raw Power but did some big surprises with the obscure numbers , Open up and bleed , Johanna , Kill City , cock in my pocket and a raw , very very raw version of Louie Louie . James Williamson shredded ...RIP Ron Ashton

your pretty face is going to hell

mili
mili Posted Thu 29 Mar, 2012 10:16 PM Quote
Sprained Cookies at Non Solo Caffé, Torre Annunziata, near Naples, last friday.

We had seen the band as support for Fran a year ago (just the singer and guitarist then), and really liked them. We also had been in touch with them, so were happy to find there was a gig at the time we were going to be in the area. A tiny venue with some graduation party going on at the same time (didn't please the band), but the three gave their best with some new songs from the soon to be released album. The drummer and guitarist also play for Eva Mon Amour.
A local middle aged man was dancing really wildly to the music, it was like they had an official dancer.

Got to hang out with them before and after, which was cool. Lovely people!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 12 Apr, 2012 4:18 PM Quote
Mazzy Star . Saw em in the 90's but never saw em again untill last night . Sounded like they never left , Lurved em . Robeck guitar work solid . Opener were Alina Hardin a singer in the Buffy Saint Marie mode and the utterly fantastic The Entrance Band . Entrance Band played a mix of Earthlesslike Dead Meadowish with a touch of their own filtered though a wash of reverb and hella distortion . I went with a friend who saw the Doors in 67 and he remarked Mazzy Star are better

a short clip

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2012 6:20 PM Quote
BLISTERING ...... REDD KROSS returns to SF after 5 or so years with 10 years before that . Openers Hot Soda were pretty good , like a Squeeze vocals styling to guitar punk . Followers Mantes Had that Paisely Underground style going for em with lots of echo .....still while a fine show they did not compete with REDD KROSS .Spotted in the crowd Deborah Iyall from Romeo Void and a few of the Mutants . A few from their days of opening for Black Flag . This was called a record release party for their first album, Researching the blues , in 18 years . They touched on all of their records playing their first 1980 released EP , all 8 mins of it , in it's entirity . They have always been gracious in their responces to SF and they were so again

Jimmys Fantasy

During the encores one brought out his daughter , with one of the GO GO'S , to sing a number

Pop Show

Not a super packed show but a supportive audience for sure . My only complaint being the usual I wish they played that and it wasn't so long in between shows . They playing a few more in US & Canada I say don't miss em

PS Congrats to the Womens futbal team in the Olympics !!!!!

mili
mili Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2012 10:14 PM Quote
Saw Keane at the Circus, Helsinki last month. Hottest gig I've ever been to with the loudest crowd. About half way I felt something dropping on my shoulder, it was sweat from my hair… During Bedshaped I couldn't hear the vocals for the crowd singing (I was standing left from this camera, the audience was louder there). Amazing atmosphere and a great gig.

Later in the month I saw Pasa, a group of very young lads from the Helsinki area. I know the drummer through a friend of mine. Very small crowd, mainly friends and family. Here's a year old video by them.
Very energetic, good mood band.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 15 Aug, 2012 6:14 PM Quote
T in the Park 2012

Lineup- 8/10
Time off work - 10/10
Atmosphere - 10/10
Singing for everyone long into the night at the campsite - 10/10
Rain & Mud - 10/10

And finally...

The Wailers - 10/10

:D!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 09 Sep, 2012 5:33 PM Quote
Saw the Vaselines , with Bobby & Stevie from B&S in the line up . BLISTERING show ! Too bad like the Melvins they have that Nirvana curse in which people yell for Nirvana

roxytobias
roxytobias Posted Mon 22 Oct, 2012 11:39 AM Quote
Mumford & Sons (Brisbane)...i was alone so bit meh.. but they were awesome! and Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros even more so. ^^

mili
mili Posted Mon 22 Oct, 2012 2:05 PM Quote
Ufomammut Oct 11th at Kuudes Linja, Helsinki. Band was in a good fit, played both Oro albums in a row, very good. My first at the venue, smallish but nice. Got a nice front row place even though we arrived on the late side and missed the support.
The lads were pretty busy, but we managed to have a little chat with Vita the drummer and gave him a bottle of Ufoshot (for obvious reasons).

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 26 Oct, 2012 4:46 PM Quote
Noel Gallagher on 11th Oct......hmmmm great sound and fine setlist but zero atmosphere. Noel was true to form with one word out of two being f**k! At least the French crowd could understand that hehe.

roxytobias
roxytobias Posted Mon 12 Nov, 2012 1:47 PM Quote
i saw radiohead and hung with two other awesome loners like me. ;) so fun. so great!,,,,and of course the thom yorke dance

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 16 Nov, 2012 2:18 PM Quote
I saw Of Monsters and Men in Toronto last night. Great show! I say this as a positive...it sounded just like the album. Quite dreamy voices and not at all...strained or rough, and clearly production didn't mess with their voices. Fun night!

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Fri 16 Nov, 2012 3:38 PM Quote
The Twilight Sad last week.
Shite supporter band.
Mediocre sound quality.
Still, AWESOME performance.
Love them Scots.

nesmap
nesmap Posted Sat 17 Nov, 2012 1:52 AM Quote
Gabrielle Aplin, last night.

Support was good, she was even better. Met her afterwards. The night was perfect.

Pages Previous 1...7 8 9 10 [11] 12 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:01 PM