Travis

How rare are Travis singles?
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 10 Aug, 2009 9:59 PM Quote
I was thinking about maybe buying some of the singles on ebay or something. What do you think is a reasonable price for Travis singles? For example I saw a copy of Why Does It Always Rain On Me for about 6$, is that normal or too expensive?

Re: How rare are Travis singles?
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 10 Aug, 2009 10:22 PM Quote
It depends on the single. Singles from GF are definitely worth a few pounds each whereas you're likely to pay pennies for the TMW era singles. If you're not in a hurry then check the prices from time to time and buy when you see it cheap. I've collected almost all the singles over the past year, I've probably spent less than £20, not including postage. Good luck collecting!

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 11 Aug, 2009 9:29 AM Quote
Hi Alex
I've just bought all the GF singles off Amazon from a seller called Olympusmusic and the prices varied from one pound to a very expensive amount that I paid for AIWDIR. Shop around because there are some bargains out there!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 11 Aug, 2009 3:40 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
It depends on the single. Singles from GF are definitely worth a few pounds each whereas you're likely to pay pennies for the TMW era singles. If you're not in a hurry then check the prices from time to time and buy when you see it cheap. I've collected almost all the singles over the past year, I've probably spent less than £20, not including postage. Good luck collecting!

Lucky!! I've got 4 singles, I think. And they were all very expensive xD, except for Coming Around, but that's because I got it from a cool boardie friend :o).

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 11 Aug, 2009 4:30 PM Quote
I started a mission yesterday. Im going to track down every single. I believe that is 36 cds and 17 vinyls. It may take me a lifetime. I have 1 now.
You are my Everest.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 11 Aug, 2009 8:18 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
I started a mission yesterday. Im going to track down every single. I believe that is 36 cds and 17 vinyls. It may take me a lifetime. I have 1 now.
You are my Everest.

Which one do you have? I've got Flowers In The Window with No Cigar. That's my only Travis single, bought it for 1.5$ a while ago :P

I'm having a look at ebay atm, but things look pretty expensive. 20-40$ for a GF single... Guys I'm a fan, but I'm not made of gold :(

Cricket
Cricket Posted Tue 11 Aug, 2009 8:41 PM Quote
I've got a few extra copies of various singles. I don't have room to store them anymore. If anyone is looking for them, send me a message.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 11 Aug, 2009 8:45 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
minnmess wrote:
You are my Everest.

Which one do you have? I've got Flowers In The Window with No Cigar. That's my only Travis single, bought it for 1.5$ a while ago :P

I'm having a look at ebay atm, but things look pretty expensive. 20-40$ for a GF single... Guys I'm a fan, but I'm not made of gold :(

Turn. Im not even sure which version as I havent seen a track listing

Hodgy
Hodgy Posted Tue 11 Aug, 2009 9:12 PM Quote
The vinyl versions of singles from TMH, and also single of Coming Around are pretty rare and go for quite a lot of cash - have seen Driftwood go for £25. Best of luck with your challenge! I'm doing the same with vinyl versions of the albums. TMH is ridiculously expensive tho!

Hodgy
Hodgy Posted Tue 11 Aug, 2009 9:13 PM Quote
The vinyl versions of singles from TMH, and also single of Coming Around are pretty rare and go for quite a lot of cash - have seen Driftwood go for £25. Best of luck with your challenge! I'm doing the same with vinyl versions of the albums. TMH is ridiculously expensive tho!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 11 Aug, 2009 10:12 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

There's no way you need to pay that much. Are you on eBay UK or eBay Sweden? (is there even an eBay Sweden? :S) On British eBay there's a lot of Travis singles available at the moment. I reckon you could get each single including postage to Sweden for under $5. Just be patient :) Try and find a seller who has a good selection of singles then you can save on postage. Oh, and I'd appreciate it if you let me buy the ones I'm missing first ;)

Good luck Kristy! I'm on 32 CDs, hopefully it won't be long til I've got them all. I'm not that worried about vinyls, thankfully!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 12 Aug, 2009 1:51 AM Quote
All of this makes me want to start collecting now:P

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 12 Aug, 2009 1:53 PM Quote
hennypenny wrote:

Do it, we'll make it a competition ;)

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 12 Aug, 2009 6:37 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
hennypenny wrote:

Do it, we'll make it a competition ;)

I forgot that I have J. Smith on vinyl. Its a signed copy too:P

heyjude
heyjude Posted Fri 14 Aug, 2009 12:11 AM Quote
Cricket wrote:
I've got a few extra copies of various singles. I don't have room to store them anymore. If anyone is looking for them, send me a message.

Oooh, pick me! Pick me!

P.S. You've got a cute new avatar.

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:56 AM