Travis

Travis made my day yesterday
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 06 Aug, 2009 5:30 PM Quote
I know there was a thread about things like this somewhere in the maze of threads but I can't seem to find it, so I apologize in advance for opening a new one.

*Long random story*

Yesterday I was feeling kind of sad and worried because my coworker (who's also my friend) is going through a very bad time. Anyway, I was feeling low, so I went to a department store because I had to get a present for my niece for Children's Day (I don't know if that's cellebrated in other countries, but buying presents for kids is always nice). Since I couldn't find what I was looking for, I tried asking some of the salespeople that work there (a woman and a man). The thing is, both of them ignored me completely. I was talking directly to them, standing face to face, and they acted like they didn't see me or hear me. I couldn't believe it, but I swear, I was like "Excuse me, may I ask you something?" and they acted like I didn't even exist. They were just standing there behind a counter looking blankly at the place as if it was empty (I was the only one there). I tried to get their attention for a few minutes, but with no success.

So I left and went to another department store and this time a lady did answer my question... but she intentionally never looked at me. And it's not like she was bussy doing something else, she was just standing there.

I never felt more invisible in my life. I managed to buy what I wanted to get and when I was about to leave the store... Follow The Light started!
I couldn't believe it! It was a good thing I was invisible, because the look on my face must have been absurd. I couldn't help but smile. The song couldn't have come in a better time. So I stayed in the store and pretended to be very interested in some dart shooting toy guns until the song finished.

I really needed that :o).

That's reason number Ihavenoideawhichwhoscounting why I love Travis: their music is always there when you need it.

Re: Travis made my day yesterday
Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Thu 06 Aug, 2009 5:40 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
That's reason number Ihavenoideawhichwhoscounting why I love Travis: their music is always there when you need it.

Exactly, exactly

Travis music, it's like, an angel...it's always there when you need it.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Thu 06 Aug, 2009 5:42 PM Quote
I totally agree with you, Ju! Travis always make and save my day with their music :o).

And for what it's worth I'm here, very far I know, looking you right in the eye, paying attention to all you have to say and then giving you a big, huge hug :o).

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 06 Aug, 2009 5:45 PM Quote
Children's Day? Seriously, you are the cutest country ever.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Thu 06 Aug, 2009 5:52 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

We have that one on Mexico too, it's in April 30 though. I used to get tons of candy on that date :oD. Even now that I'm 22 my sisters and my mom give me a chocolate bar or something ;o).

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 06 Aug, 2009 6:05 PM Quote
Awww, thank you Almond! *big hug*

And now that I think about it, Follow The Light is on The Invisible Band. Everything's related... Nevermind, too much free time at work :oP.

minnmess wrote:

I can't believe you don't have Children's Day either! I used to get some amazing stuff when I was a kid (meaning until I was like 20 ;oP).
Friendship Day, Children's Day, Sweetness Week... I'm starting to appreciate our holidays and traditions even more now that I know they don't exist everywhere, lol.
We're the cutest country ever until you meet some of our charming, polite, respectful and friendly salespeople ;o)

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Thu 06 Aug, 2009 6:10 PM Quote
Therefore your salespeople are not really from Argentina... ;o)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 06 Aug, 2009 6:58 PM Quote

minnmess wrote:

I can't believe you don't have Children's Day either! I used to get some amazing stuff when I was a kid (meaning until I was like 20 ;oP).
Friendship Day, Children's Day, Sweetness Week... I'm starting to appreciate our holidays and traditions even more now that I know they don't exist everywhere, lol.
We're the cutest country ever until you meet some of our charming, polite, respectful and friendly salespeople ;o) [/quote]

oh ya, i disregarded those people.
We have umm..Grandparents Day! I dont think anything actually happens, except I think they came to school with me in like grade 2. A sorta...bring your old people to school day.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 06 Aug, 2009 7:06 PM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
Therefore your salespeople are not really from Argentina... ;o)

Haha, that's very sweet, Almond! :o)

minnmess wrote:

oh ya, i disregarded those people.
We have umm..Grandparents Day! I dont think anything actually happens, except I think they came to school with me in like grade 2. A sorta...bring your old people to school day.

We have Grandparents Day too, but it's not an actual holiday, we don't do anything that day either, and most people don't cellebrate it. There are days for everything in Argentina :oP. But Friendship Day, Children's Day and Sweetness Week are popular dates and everyone cellebrates them. Children's Day is every second Sunday in August.

leticia
leticia Posted Thu 06 Aug, 2009 7:24 PM Quote
Nice dreaaam Juli!!! I totally agree with you... Travis makes me smile. A couple of nights ago, I was boring watching TV, nothing was on, zapping, when suddenly I got to Much Music...Closer was on. Ahhh that certainly made my night... Huge smile on my face. After it finished, I turned off the tv and dozed off : )

MsFatRat
MsFatRat Posted Thu 06 Aug, 2009 7:33 PM Quote
I love Travis music, it really change my life.

I’m dealing with some stuff in my life, and it’s not easy. When my “friends” keep bulling me for how I look, and who I am. They think I’m sick for listening to Travis. They always make me feel small, like I’m a freak or something. And one day I said to them that they had to respect me for who I am, and stop saying I have serious problems. But that really didn’t make them stop. They just keep on and on every day. It’s hard, and I hate to go to school. My teacher is a “care face” guy, he always complain how week I am, and I care too much that people say to me. When it really hurts. I thought they were my friends. I really don’t know what to do.

But listening to Travis really help they give the strength that I need to carry on. How they inspire me to not give up, and believe in myself that I can do it. And they seem so nice, like they really care for their fans. I don’t think I would hold on so long if I hadn’t someone to look up to. Their music is more than just singing a song, and playing some chords. It's a huge inspiration for us all.

Thank you so much Travis, you have really change my life.
(Sorry if sounds stupid. I just needed to let it out.)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 06 Aug, 2009 7:37 PM Quote
leticia wrote:
Nice dreaaam Juli!!! I totally agree with you... Travis makes me smile. A couple of nights ago, I was boring watching TV, nothing was on, zapping, when suddenly I got to Much Music...Closer was on. Ahhh that certainly made my night... Huge smile on my face. After it finished, I turned off the tv and dozed off : )

It wasn't a dream, Leti, it actually happened. Lol!
Aww! They played Closer on Much Music? It's always great when it happens :o)

leticia
leticia Posted Thu 06 Aug, 2009 7:41 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
leticia wrote:

It wasn't a dream, Leti, it actually happened. Lol!
Aww! They played Closer on Much Music? It's always great when it happens :o)

LOL! I got confused with the other thread... juaaaaaaaaaaa! Still, COOOOOOOOL!!! XD

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Thu 06 Aug, 2009 9:57 PM Quote
Ah follow the light, why was that never released as a single? Actually, probably because Neil's accident but an abrupt halt to things. :s

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 06 Aug, 2009 10:03 PM Quote
MsFatRat wrote:
I love Travis music, it really change my life.

I’m dealing with some stuff in my life, and it’s not easy. When my “friends” keep bulling me for how I look, and who I am. They think I’m sick for listening to Travis. They always make me feel small, like I’m a freak or something. And one day I said to them that they had to respect me for who I am, and stop saying I have serious problems. But that really didn’t make them stop. They just keep on and on every day. It’s hard, and I hate to go to school. My teacher is a “care face” guy, he always complain how week I am, and I care too much that people say to me. When it really hurts. I thought they were my friends. I really don’t know what to do.

But listening to Travis really help they give the strength that I need to carry on. How they inspire me to not give up, and believe in myself that I can do it. And they seem so nice, like they really care for their fans. I don’t think I would hold on so long if I hadn’t someone to look up to. Their music is more than just singing a song, and playing some chords. It's a huge inspiration for us all.

Thank you so much Travis, you have really change my life.
(Sorry if sounds stupid. I just needed to let it out.)

You should get rid of those so-called "friends" who make fun of you. I would rather have no friends instead of ones who constantly put me down. Also, teachers are supposed to support their students. I hope you are able to make new friends, maybe some who like Travis:)

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:59 AM