Travis

j.Smith
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 04 Jul, 2009 8:59 AM Quote
Dont know whether I dare say this or not lol ....but MJ's image is like my imaginary J.Smith

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/Conckers/MJ.gif

Re: j.Smith
irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Sat 04 Jul, 2009 4:07 PM Quote
My imaginary J.Smith also wears a hat, but he doesn't seem MJ. I imagine him with a coat.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 04 Jul, 2009 4:32 PM Quote
Hmm... My J Smith wears a hat too. I can't see my J Smith very well. It's dark, he's standing outside in the street, with his hat on. It's raining but not very much, just a drizzle. He has a dark long coat on.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 04 Jul, 2009 6:01 PM Quote
Yep I get the coat too :)

I spose its the same shape hat ! and the lyrics sort of make a slight fit..

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 04 Jul, 2009 7:09 PM Quote
I don't imagine J. Smith to be someone particular, it's just some random guy to me :P

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Sat 04 Jul, 2009 7:12 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
I don't imagine J. Smith to be someone particular, it's just some random guy to me :P

Same here

TheInvisibleBoy
TheInvisibleBoy Posted Sat 04 Jul, 2009 7:50 PM Quote
Every time I imagine J.Smith I always imagine him walking home in the dark rain in the cold after spending a lonely night by himself at the pub. Sometimes I imagine his features differently than others, such as sometimes he isn't wearing a hat, other times he is sometimes he has a beard other times he doesn't. I often imagine him as a lonely old/elderly man and I always imagine him in the setting I described and in a big Winter coat. I was with friends in London one time in a pub where Winston Churchill made a radio broadcast from and I remember an old man who looked like Uncle Albert from Only Fools and Horses and if my memory is right he even had on the uffle coat and fingerless gloves and he was sat alone with his pint infront of him as he read a book. I imagine J.Smith to have done this at the pub, sat alone, away from the crowds and hustle and bustle as he enjoys one of his few pleasures in life, reading his book. That seems to be the main imagery I get of him anyway. I also drew this quick silhouette picture of him leaving the pub in the rain on a cold night, I made him a silhouette as I can never decide on his proper features, to me he is lonely and I can imagine him at the pub reading his book but I can't get an accurate image of him in my head as it changes so to me a shadowy presence is about right as he is mysterious. I could imagine walking past him and just seeing his mysterious shadow down one of the lonely dark streets I usually walk down when I am going home from the pub. He reminds me a bit like Mr Bleaney from Philip Larkin's poem titled Mr Bleaney, he's a bit of a loner.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u183/fellrunnernick/JSmith.jpg

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 04 Jul, 2009 10:33 PM Quote
Wow , I really enjoyed reading that .Great description TIB.

The rain features too for me ,yes, as does the loneliness and isolation and the shadow /dark night description.

I'm thinking that us mortals need more than a 'hit' parade, we need an accolade chart for special pieces of music like this and then we would discover other music worth listening to .

joss
joss Posted Tue 07 Jul, 2009 11:52 AM Quote
My J.Smith looks like God:D

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 4:29 AM