Travis

Trip to Scotland
irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Sun 28 Jun, 2009 5:11 PM Quote
Hi! Last year I asked you what I should visit in London, and your answers were really useful... This year the place is Scotland. I'm going in August for a week, and I'd like to know what I shouldn't miss. Thanks!

Re: Trip to Scotland
Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Sun 28 Jun, 2009 6:36 PM Quote
l just want to say: LUCKY YOU!

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Sun 28 Jun, 2009 6:42 PM Quote
Where will be starting off from?

leticia
leticia Posted Sun 28 Jun, 2009 10:36 PM Quote
Nice!!! I went to Edinburgh and Glasgow in September last year and it was amazing. Places I loved:

- Royal Mile (walk it)
- Arthur's Seat
- and pretty much all of Edinburgh... IT'S AMAZIIIIIING! I can't stop thinking about it...

I visited the HIghlands with a guided tour (Loch Ness, Glencoe, etc) and it was really really cool: http://www.rabbies.com/scottish_tour_pages/loch_ness_glencoe_1day_tour.asp?lng=en

It's not very cheap but it was worth it. The guide was really fun, he explained everything we saw and answer every question, and we stopped 10 times. He played Scottish music, traditional and modern like Paolo Nutine or Amy McDonald :) We left Edi at 8 and got back at 8 pm...

If you want to I can send you some pics of the tour...

Do you have a hostel? I went to a really cool one and cheap :)

I stayed one day in Glasgow but I went to the city highlights... the most important one: a pic outside the Glasgow School of Art : )

Steph_canuck
Steph_canuck Posted Mon 29 Jun, 2009 12:33 AM Quote
hey! I went to scotland in may and loved every second! Edinburgh is a must, and along with walking the royal mile and arthurs seat, and the castle of course, the ghost tours are totally awesome! I went on one with Mercat Tours and it was pretty neat. but there are so many different ghost tours to choose from!! For me, it was a highlght of the trip.

leticia
leticia Posted Mon 29 Jun, 2009 3:06 AM Quote
Steph_canuck wrote:
hey! I went to scotland in may and loved every second! Edinburgh is a must, and along with walking the royal mile and arthurs seat, and the castle of course, the ghost tours are totally awesome! I went on one with Mercat Tours and it was pretty neat. but there are so many different ghost tours to choose from!! For me, it was a highlght of the trip.

Cool!! I couldn't do it! What can I say...? I'm a chicken! : P Did u see anything strange???

Steph_canuck
Steph_canuck Posted Mon 29 Jun, 2009 4:34 PM Quote
lol! no, i didnt. I wish I had, but i didnt. Im the kind of person who loves to be scared, especially by ghostly encounters! Although Im a bit of a sceptic I love to have the stories. Though, through my love of staying in suposedly haunted places (and once at a literal abandoned mental hospital) some weird shit has happened to me. Butthe Edinburgh tours can bit scary...I had one old lady grabbing my arm every time someone brushed past her or sneezed.
oh! and if you decied to go to edinburgh be prepared to walk LOTS of stairs and slight inclines...geez were my glutes awesome after that trip!

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Mon 29 Jun, 2009 7:28 PM Quote
irenesfor wrote:
Hi! Last year I asked you what I should visit in London, and your answers were really useful... This year the place is Scotland. I'm going in August for a week, and I'd like to know what I shouldn't miss. Thanks!

And what are your plans for the years to come ?

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Mon 29 Jun, 2009 10:39 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Where will be starting off from?

Edimburgh, why?

@Leticia: Thanks for your tips, everything sounds really good :) and the pic outside the School of Arts was one of the things I wanted to do at first :P
About the tour, I've seen on the web that it's only available in English, and as I go with my parents, I don't know if we'll do it because the English of my mother is not very good... It's a pity :(
Anyway, thank you so much :)

@Steph: I love these ghost's things. It's a good idea, thanks :)

AbsGinger wrote:

And what are your plans for the years to come ?

I have no idea.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 29 Jun, 2009 10:46 PM Quote

Go to Easterhouse, Possil, Wester Hailes, Ferguslie Park and Ruchazie.

Dubz

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 5:14 PM