Travis

I Forget My Name chords
fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sat 27 Jun, 2009 5:06 PM Quote
I've been looking for the chords to this for a while now on google, but I ain't finding anything useful. Does anybody know them that they can share with me please? Thanks :)

Re: I Forget My Name chords
Nell
Nell Posted Sat 27 Jun, 2009 7:57 PM Quote
fenchurch wrote:
I've been looking for the chords to this for a while now on google, but I ain't finding anything useful. Does anybody know them that they can share with me please? Thanks :)

I haven't got a great deal of time - so I can't do it on the piano...sry - hope that helps. By all means - this is just what I listen from it - it may be totally wrong.

I just wrote down the basics - no special things..although I think: everytime when I wrote A - I think it's Asus4(A chord with D without Csharp). And the change from the chorus to the Verse is, I believe: G and then Gmaj7 ...

Also: the formation won't work on the board...tried to do it with these underline things but that won't work either..., I wrote it down on a word doc.. So send me ur email - if u want to have a proper version.

This was acutally great fun..if someone wants other songs..aaand is happy with this crappy arrangement - I'll be happy to do more...

cheers
nora

edit: scroll down

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 27 Jun, 2009 8:35 PM Quote
Thank you Nora Amadeus Mozart, my favourite Dougie song! :)

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 27 Jun, 2009 8:42 PM Quote

Nora Amadea! Mozart then plz....although I think my hair looks nicer than his....

no probs

The reason I was hurrying before - was: I had to go out with my dog. But the moment I took a step outside it started to pour as hell...

....where's my summer?

Any other song? I think tomorow I'm gonna try to do Enemy ;) Love the riff

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sat 27 Jun, 2009 9:00 PM Quote
Aw, thank you Nell! That looks perfect, you're a pal :)

And by all means, do more songs! You have my support.

Nell
Nell Posted Tue 30 Jun, 2009 5:42 PM Quote
Made a mistake: correct it now here - but for a better look and the correct version: go to...erm Alex's page ...travisleague page :)

I forget my name
Intro: D
Verse:
D_____________A
Turn me on to something
_________Bm________Fsharp
I don't want to be alone
____G_____________D______________A
My heart is like a stone and it's sinking
D A Bm
Stay with me, I didn't mean to hurt you
Fsharp
Don't you know
G D A
I didn't get where I am with much thinking

PreChorus:
Fsharp Fsharp7
And I'm not sentimental
Bm E
But I know where I belong

Chorus:
D G
Come out and fight
Bm E
For love and life
Bm D G
Tell me things 'til I forget my name
D G
Speak your mind
Hm E
And learn your lines
Bm D G

Verse:
D A
The say that if you hate yourself
Bm Fsharp
You like yourself enough
G D A
You like yourself enough to be a hater
D A
But you can't get enough
Bm Fsharp
Of all that unrequited stuff
G D A
So open up to love and see what's there

PreChorus:
Fsharp Fsharp7
And I'm not much of anything
Bm E
But know where I belong

Chorus
D G
Come out and fight
Hm E
For love and life
Bm D G
D E
You Sing your life ???
Bm E
And learn your lines
Bm D G

Bm
Is this the best that we can do for one another
D
Asking the questions thinking of another
E G D
When you better come out fighting for your life

((D)G,Bm,E,Bm,D,G)

Chorus:
D G
Come out and fight
Bm E
For love and life
Bm D G
D G
Speak your mind
Bm E
And learn your lines
Bm D G

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 30 Jun, 2009 6:59 PM Quote
Nora you're really doing a great work, THANK YOU! :)

You can check it out here: The Chord Project

Nell
Nell Posted Tue 30 Jun, 2009 7:44 PM Quote
Thx Alex!

Questions: Do you like all songs in their original key - or do you mind when I write them down with a Capo note? It's easier for me to arrange it - and I'm quicker in writing it down.

Fran/Andy themself sometimes use the capo to play.

So for instance: "20" I'd play with capo on 2nd fret - is that alright with u guys?

cheers
nora

Ps: and also: plz tell me whenever I make a mistake...

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 30 Jun, 2009 7:53 PM Quote
I'm very much a beginner when it comes to guitar Nora, so it's not easy for me to always understand. ;) However, it would be nice to know what fret Fran puts his capo on. :) Thanks Nora, you're great! ;)

Do you have the chord book that covers all the songs of the first 3 albums (including b-sides)? It's great! :)

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Tue 30 Jun, 2009 8:47 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

Do you have the chord book that covers all the songs of the first 3 albums (including b-sides)? It's great! :)

I got that when I got my guitar a couple of weeks ago, it's dead handy.

To be honest Nora, I don't even know what a capo is! I've only just started learning guitar, and I'm teaching myself, so I'm a bit clueless...

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 30 Jun, 2009 9:02 PM Quote
A capo goes over the strings on a particular fret. If you look in the book, you'll notice most songs use a capo. Mostly on the 2nd or 3rd fret. You should definitely get a capo. They're very cheap though. :) You really need one to play the songs correctly. Or to make it A LOT easier at least. :)

I started about September last year and I'm getting a lot better. I've done it all/doing it all by myself too. :) I stick a Travis CD on and try to play along with the book open. And Justin on YouTube is my teacher. lol He's super though. :)

Nell
Nell Posted Tue 30 Jun, 2009 10:52 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I'm very much a beginner when it comes to guitar Nora, so it's not easy for me to always understand. ;) However, it would be nice to know what fret Fran puts his capo on. :) Thanks Nora, you're great! ;)

I have ordered three or four of the Travis book but yet received only the piano and the good feeling one one. It's very cool to play - but I'm a bit disapointed - since they didn't write down the "true" arrangements but simplified...I'd almost dare to say they oversimplified it...:( But it's still great. Spend the whole day on the piano ;) Also the piano solos from "good feeling" in both books are not congruent...very suspicious...so I keep playing by ear but it's still great :)

About the capo (capo tasto): I'll just write them down as I play it. In the case "20" I believe Fran plays it on the 2nd Fret as well - ...

so when I write down a D-chord: In reality it'd be a E-chord. (2 frets = 1 tone, 1 fret = 1 semitone)...

so if u wanna play it on the piano or bass etc. I'd have to rewrite it - just send me a pm and I'll do it...

Cheers

Nora

Dougie
Dougie Posted Wed 01 Jul, 2009 1:46 AM Quote
hey nell

good work. thanks so much for doing this for everyone. it's one of my favourite wee tunes. props to franny for the line "learn your lines". You got the chords bang on.

xd

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Wed 01 Jul, 2009 2:17 AM Quote
Woo!

Mr. Dougie replied!

leticia
leticia Posted Wed 01 Jul, 2009 2:32 AM Quote
Ohh Nora is going to be so so HAPPY!!!

DOUGIE WE LOVE U!

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:36 AM