Travis

Places where you like to listen to Travis
Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Fri 26 Jun, 2009 2:54 PM Quote
I wasn't quite sure whether to start this thread or not... but it feels only right to share these videos with Travis fans from around the world :)

A couple of days ago I went to the beach for a walk, just to take my mind off things. I took the camera with me because I enjoy taking pictures. But this time, for some reason, I decided to shoot a video of what I was seeing as Travis played in my earphones...
Then, it was so much fun that I couldn't stop and went to other places nearby, where I usually listen to Travis. I hope you like them, they could've turned out better but I was worried about the camera, haha, a bit paranoid :D
(FYI, I'm going thorough a B-Sides phase)

Know Nothing - Montevideo Rambla (river/seaside)

Ancient Train - Deserted Rodó Amusement Park

Distraction - Rodó Park, the lake

The Connection - Streets of Montevideo, noon

Feel free to post your own videos, pictures or just call me crazy :P

Re: Places where you like to listen to Travis
leticia
leticia Posted Fri 26 Jun, 2009 5:14 PM Quote
Ana_Smith wrote:
I wasn't quite sure whether to start this thread or not... but it feels only right to share these videos with Travis fans from around the world :)

A couple of days ago I went to the beach for a walk, just to take my mind off things. I took the camera with me because I enjoy taking pictures. But this time, for some reason, I decided to shoot a video of what I was seeing as Travis played in my earphones...
Then, it was so much fun that I couldn't stop and went to other places nearby, where I usually listen to Travis. I hope you like them, they could've turned out better but I was worried about the camera, haha, a bit paranoid :D

Know Nothing - Montevideo Rambla (river/seaside)

Ancient Train - Deserted Rodó Amusement Park

Distraction - Rodó Park, the lake

The Connection - Streets of Montevideo, noon

Coool Ana! Loved all the videos... I am going to do one! :)

cornflakes
cornflakes Posted Fri 26 Jun, 2009 7:52 PM Quote
Quote:
Ana_Smith =I wasn't quite sure whether to start this thread or not... but it feels only right to share these videos with Travis fans from around the world :)

ok ana = i just call you crazy so :-)

non, non, only joking !
never thought about making vids with Travis in the earphones :-) cool & original...
and you put on your vids what we are certainly a majority of fans doing..taking the car, the bus - going at school or work, shopping - etc.. with Travis on earphones...but you are the only one who thought about filming it !
i find it so damn genius :-o :-p really !!!

and cool jeans you wore miss :-)

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sat 27 Jun, 2009 4:33 AM Quote
Crazy, you're videos are great! You walk kinda fast, huh? I am more of a slow walker, I think xD.

Ana and Leti (and some other boardies) have seen this before but I post it anyway :o). I made this a while ago, when that song was a bit stuck in my head, making it didn't relieved it but increased it ;o).

3 Times And You Lose - Trolebus and Mexico City's streets, noon

If you can't see it in the link above, maybe you can here. Bad quality and sound, though.

wdiarom
wdiarom Posted Sat 27 Jun, 2009 5:27 AM Quote

Love them Ana...thank you for show us Uruguay with the best music ever !!!! :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 27 Jun, 2009 12:59 PM Quote
Very cool job Ana. Love the song choices and I'm looking forward to you giving me a tour of your lovely country. ;)

Love the way you kept in time on Distraction as you walked down the steps. lol

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Sat 27 Jun, 2009 9:22 PM Quote
THANKS for taking time out of your lives to watch and comment on these vids! :)

I tend to walk really fast, even when I'm not in a hurry to get somewhere! And I realise now that I walk looking at the ground more than I thought I did, haha... Hey, Alma, guess where the inspiration came from? :D

Ben, I'm glad you find the walking down the steps in beat alright and not ridiculous or annoying...

It's cool that you liked my jeans, Sarah, I was actually wearing my favourite pair ;)

You're all invited and more than welcome to visit if you ever take a trip to these southern latitudes!

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Sun 28 Jun, 2009 1:52 AM Quote
Beautiful places.
Perfect soundtrack.

Thanks Ana! I really enjoyed them, specially the first one with Know nothing and Distraction (walking down the steps in beat was perfect!)

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Sun 28 Jun, 2009 6:11 PM Quote
alanistradi wrote:
Beautiful places.
Perfect soundtrack.

Thanks Ana! I really enjoyed them, specially the first one with Know nothing and Distraction (walking down the steps in beat was perfect!)

I deeply concur with Yu;DGracias Ana=)

singme0430
singme0430 Posted Tue 30 Jun, 2009 10:57 AM Quote
UPLOAD MORE UPLOAD MORE UPLOAD MORE UPLOAD MORE, Ana!!

GREAT videos. You should post more!!!

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Tue 30 Jun, 2009 2:18 PM Quote
Thanks girls!! I'm glad you could see at least a bit of the places where I spend much of my time in the company of Travis :D I'd love to know your "perfect heaven spaces" ;)

Maybe I'll upload another one in the following days...only beacuse you ask for it Lee!! I want to see some more of your drawings in return...but take your time, no pressure!

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Thu 09 Jul, 2009 12:34 AM Quote
It's me again! Well, here I've got another video I wanted to share with you. I made this one with some extra footage I had recorded that same day. I think that the song is perfect for walking in the park alone with your thoughts, it's so calm and peaceful :)
Just The Faces Change - Rodó Park

One of these days I'll upload "Standing on my own"... and that's the only one I have left for the time being ;)

leticia
leticia Posted Thu 09 Jul, 2009 2:33 AM Quote
Ana_Smith wrote:
It's me again! Well, here I've got another video I wanted to share with you. I made this one with some extra footage I had recorded that same day. I think that the song is perfect for walking in the park alone with your thoughts, it's so calm and peaceful :)

One of these days I'll upload "Standing on my own"... and that's the only one I have left for the time being ;)

Awww Ana I love it!!! I have to do mine... I have the idea, I just have to execute it :P

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 09 Jul, 2009 5:20 AM Quote
Was thinking of doing one myself. Less sure now to be honest. :)

Not seen your new one yet Ana. Will do when I get on the computer. :)

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 09 Jul, 2009 5:44 AM Quote
Ana_Smith wrote:

Great job Ana:) I've just had a chance to watch all the videos. Just the Faces Change is my favorite b-side:)

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:17 AM