Travis

Re: Candy Exchange Partners
lilly
lilly Posted Tue 25 Aug, 2009 9:42 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Ive done the last couple, so it is allll yours :)
Just match me up with someone awesome!

harr harr.
okay, so, eeerm (omg whatdidIDOOOO??!?), in October, then, right? need to make sure I do it right.

oh maybe I can film the sorting... mhm... but then I can't take bribes for matching people up with someone they like... and what with all the people who've participated in gazillions of exchanges on the board... oh dear.

someone awesome... hmmmmm... (the thought "ME!" pops into mind, but I guess I should probably find you someone Leprechaun-y or ...someone Luke-y ;P)

god, I REALLY shouldn't write down all my thoughts....

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 25 Aug, 2009 10:48 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Ive done the last couple, so it is allll yours :)
Just match me up with someone awesome!

harr harr.
okay, so, eeerm (omg whatdidIDOOOO??!?), in October, then, right? need to make sure I do it right.

oh maybe I can film the sorting... mhm... but then I can't take bribes for matching people up with someone they like... and what with all the people who've participated in gazillions of exchanges on the board... oh dear.

someone awesome... hmmmmm... (the thought "ME!" pops into mind, but I guess I should probably find you someone Leprechaun-y or ...someone Luke-y ;P)

god, I REALLY shouldn't write down all my thoughts....

you are pretty awesome!
If I got Lukey, I would just send him a box full of my love :P

Yes, take bribes! But in all honesty, you are probably going to need to do some fixing so that people dont get same countries/same people they've already had.

You start it whenever you want, ma dear.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 26 Aug, 2009 4:42 AM Quote
I've always been paired up with awesome people and never had to bribe anyone :oP

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 26 Aug, 2009 11:22 PM Quote
I think we're all pretty awesome, so I will be happy with whoever I'll be paired up with :)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 26 Aug, 2009 11:45 PM Quote
Juli, I am very concerned about the quality of your Junior Mints. Don brought a box home for me today and they were ALL duds except 3. I certainly hope you did not receive a box of faulty JM's.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Thu 27 Aug, 2009 12:32 AM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
I think we're all pretty awesome, so I will be happy with whoever I'll be paired up with :)

Hehe :) :) :)

Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 27 Aug, 2009 10:52 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Juli, I am very concerned about the quality of your Junior Mints. Don brought a box home for me today and they were ALL duds except 3. I certainly hope you did not receive a box of faulty JM's.

What exactly do you mean by 'duds'? I got a packet of junior mints from Nikki, and a few of them were not as soft as the others.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 27 Aug, 2009 2:24 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

What exactly do you mean by 'duds'? I got a packet of junior mints from Nikki, and a few of them were not as soft as the others.

Junior Mints are ideally supposed to be soft in the center and the chocolate on the outside slightly crisp, but easily melted or chewed. I call a "dud" Junior Mint one where the inside is hard and the chocolate seems a bit waxy. I don't know what causes duds. My guess is temperature change. Maybe age?

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 27 Aug, 2009 2:49 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

If I got Lukey, I would just send him a box full of my love :P

maybe you should start a "love exchange", then ;P

minnmess wrote:

Yes, take bribes! But in all honesty, you are probably going to need to do some fixing so that people dont get same countries/same people they've already had.

did you take bribes?
Hm I guess Alex is right, but should someone feel they need to be matched up with someone particular, a bribe for the mistress of the sorting-hat sounds like a nice idea ;P

I know, the same-country (same CONTINENT?) thing will be a grrrreat challenge. Europeans might end up with an American (South/North/Middle) person each ;)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 27 Aug, 2009 5:49 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Well, to be honest, my Junior Mints arrived in the same condition as Megg's: one giant Junior Mint. So I really don't know if I got faulty ones xD. But if I have to describe it, the inside was soft and the chocolate a bit waxy, but that was obviously due to the melting. Still amazing, I must say.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 27 Aug, 2009 5:57 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Well, to be honest, my Junior Mints arrived in the same condition as Megg's: one giant Junior Mint. So I really don't know if I got faulty ones xD. But if I have to describe it, the inside was soft and the chocolate a bit waxy, but that was obviously due to the melting. Still amazing, I must say.

They are very delicate. You can't leave them in your car in summertime. You can't put them into your pocket to sneak them into the movies very well. It was a gamble. But at least you got the flavor, even if your Junior Mints were one big Senior Mint.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 27 Aug, 2009 6:02 PM Quote
Haha, exactly. One big Senior Mint. Like I said, it was really good, I loved it. So thank you for that... and for all the other goodies you sent me. Everything was delicious :o).

Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 27 Aug, 2009 6:07 PM Quote
I think they might get hard inside if the water in it somehow manages to evaporate? I don't know but as long as it tastes ok, I don't care :)

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 17 Nov, 2009 5:42 PM Quote
Meridith! In all its glory, your candy package is opened!! Pictured before I munch into it and destory the contents.

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs100.snc3/16763_181568355845_516460845_3440372_3816580_n.jpg

I'm particularly looking forward to my Oreo's, the Strawberry gummies and finding out what the 100 grand, heath and butterfinger are like. Very cool!

The small sweeties are "Bit-O-Honeys", since Utah is the beehive state. Mer also drew a picture of a beehive to illustrate.

The most important thing is I now have a box in which to send my candy in reutrn! I figure I've waited so long now, I'm going to send yours in time for Xmas, with some Xmas themed candy thrown in. I hope thats ok. I'll hopefully post it the same I time I send Juli's (shhh don't tell her!) secret santa

Thanks again Meridith! And your postcard is going up on my pinboard.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 18 Nov, 2009 12:43 AM Quote
Moray wrote:
Meridith! In all its glory, your candy package is opened!! Pictured before I munch into it and destory the contents.

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs100.snc3/16763_181568355845_516460845_3440372_3816580_n.jpg

I'm particularly looking forward to my Oreo's, the Strawberry gummies and finding out what the 100 grand, heath and butterfinger are like. Very cool!

The small sweeties are "Bit-O-Honeys", since Utah is the beehive state. Mer also drew a picture of a beehive to illustrate.

The most important thing is I now have a box in which to send my candy in reutrn! I figure I've waited so long now, I'm going to send yours in time for Xmas, with some Xmas themed candy thrown in. I hope thats ok. I'll hopefully post it the same I time I send Juli's (shhh don't tell her!) secret santa

Thanks again Meridith! And your postcard is going up on my pinboard.

Yay! You are so welcome Moray! I'm glad the box got there and didn't get lost with the postal strikes. One thing I forgot to tell you about the postcard...my friend is the artist. He's an awesome landscape artist. A few years back, he put out a series of posters and postcards of Utah. I thought it would be fun to include some Utah art from a Utah artist. :)

Pages Previous 1...10 11 12 13 [14] 15 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:05 AM