Travis

Re: Candy Exchange Partners
Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 27 Jul, 2009 1:49 PM Quote
I have to say that all that candy looks soooo good... Especially mid-afternoon at work when the sugar cravings arrive!

I'm still waiting for some candy from the States :)

mili
mili Posted Mon 27 Jul, 2009 2:54 PM Quote
I'm also still waiting, from NI. Candied shamrocks on my way?

http://school.discoveryeducation.com/clipart/images/shamrock.gif

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 28 Jul, 2009 4:31 PM Quote
I just got my box of candy from Argentina! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Juli! I want to take a picture of it before we dig in, but I can't find the camera; I think maybe Don took it to work. I'll have to post it later.

I'm going to have a very difficult time translating this letter, though! :D

UPDATE: I found the English letter at the bottom! What a relief! Ha ha!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 28 Jul, 2009 5:16 PM Quote
Sorry for delay Mili!!!!! Seriously! lol I will get em to you ASAP! :-/

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 28 Jul, 2009 5:20 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

I thought according to a dream you were fluent in Spanish. You mean, dreams are wrong?????

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 28 Jul, 2009 5:21 PM Quote
double effer

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 28 Jul, 2009 6:07 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I thought according to a dream you were fluent in Spanish. You mean, dreams are wrong?????

Unfortunately, I was not fluent in Spanish in my dream. I just realized she wrote the letter on pink paper, just like my dream. Ha ha!

This was it:

"Turtleneck Posted Thu 04 Jun, 2009 5:49 PM
The night before last, I had a dream that Juli sent me a long letter through regular mail. It was 2 pages, front and back, written on pink paper. She was writing to me because she had a problem and knew that I had gone through the same thing and was asking for advice. She had written the letter in Spanish, though. I didn't know enough Spanish to understand what the problem was. I just kept reading it over and over, trying to figure it out."

P.S. Juli has lovely penmanship, don't let her fool you.

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Tue 28 Jul, 2009 6:23 PM Quote
Nora- I tried those green bubblegum things today! What's in those things?? I've been bouncing off the walls today! :-P I'm loving the chocolates!!

I'll post pics when the phone lets me upload them!
xxx

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 28 Jul, 2009 7:00 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
P.S. Juli has lovely penmanship, don't let her fool you.

See Juli??? I told you your penmanship is wonderful!!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 28 Jul, 2009 8:09 PM Quote
Thank God! What a relief! Lol! I was so worried! I'm glad you got it :o). The letter in Spanish was just a silly joke :oP.

I'm sorry I didn't send a lot, and I'm sorry I forgot some goodies that were a must :o(.

I hope you and your family like argentinian candy! Please let me know what you think about it :o).

Oh, and thanks for that compliment on my handwriting! I think it's very irregular because I'm very untidy and messy when I write :oP. But thank you for saying it's pretty!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 28 Jul, 2009 8:22 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
I think it's very irregular because I'm very untidy and messy when I write :oP.

rolls eyes and ignores.

Nell
Nell Posted Tue 28 Jul, 2009 11:20 PM Quote
moo_the_evil_boffin wrote:
Nora- I tried those green bubblegum things today! What's in those things?? I've been bouncing off the walls today! :-P I'm loving the chocolates!!

I'll post pics when the phone lets me upload them!
xxx

Hahha did you try the red ones yet? They're even better but so fucking hot...first time I tried them I jumped to the roof...but it's about 10 years since I last ate them..

so first you suck on them - and then ...after half an hour or so you'll get a bubble gum...do not try to bite on it earlier or you might miss a tooth after it :P

;) sorry I sent you so much chocolate..thought about sending some Sugus...but it's was so full...well after that thing you never ever want to each chocolate again :p

At the moment I'm on this pink stick you sent me...funny wee thing this is....hehe

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 29 Jul, 2009 6:27 AM Quote
Hanne wrote:
I have to say that all that candy looks soooo good... Especially mid-afternoon at work when the sugar cravings arrive!

I'm still waiting for some candy from the States :)

Don't worry!!!!!! I have not forgotten about you, Hanne!!!

Hanne
Hanne Posted Wed 29 Jul, 2009 6:58 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:

Didn't think you have :) In any case I could use some chocolate right now. Got let down gently last night by someone I'm in love with. That's a really hard pill to swallow and I didn't have any comfort food in the house...

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 29 Jul, 2009 7:08 AM Quote
Hanne wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Didn't think you have :) In any case I could use some chocolate right now. Got let down gently last night by someone I'm in love with. That's a really hard pill to swallow and I didn't have any comfort food in the house...

Oh, God...I am so sorry. You are getting extra Godiva in that case. I bought you a lot of stuff. It's on it's way. I've just been SO crazy busy and I work nights at the newspaper and sleep most of the day, so I can NEVER get to the post office! Don't worry...chocolate is coming your way! *HUG* feel better!

Pages Previous 1...6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:26 AM