Travis

Body art?
Hanne
Hanne Posted Wed 17 Jun, 2009 12:22 PM Quote
Just saw this video where a Belgian girl had 53 stars tatooed in her face - apparantly without her knowledge.

I understand her regret. However, I do not understand the tatooist's own 'body art'. Watch the video and tell me; do you think he looks like that because he thinks it's beatiful or because he wants to provoke people? Or does he just want to advertise for his business?

In my opinion, this kind of body 'art' is just to be extreme. It is not beautiful in any way, at least not to me!

Re: Body art?
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 17 Jun, 2009 1:54 PM Quote
Can't understand the language but the tattooist is most likly thinking his art work beautifies himself to his esthetic. Now adding extra stars is fuckin criminal but i don't see how she could be asleep unless she was utterly wasted . Questions would be , was she alone , why did the tattooist work on someone in such a state ? This story sounds uber fishy .

I know a few tattoo artists and there use to be a ethic about doing certain things, no gang style , face , neck and hand tattoos . They also use to keep things private and really talk with the client about what they wanted but now it seems that they just take the cash and do it and try and be in the media . It was a subculture now it's deffiently not .

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 17 Jun, 2009 2:06 PM Quote

Retard !!

Seemingly she was quite happy with the work until she returned home and her Dad and Boyfriend freaked out.

Dubz

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 17 Jun, 2009 3:48 PM Quote
Obviously I can't understand her explanation but based on the comments it sounds like she is saying she was asleep and didn't know. Like Ric said it sounds super sketch and I can't imagine any tattoo artist misinterpreting her desires that much. 3 vs. 50+ is quite a big difference.

Regarding the tattoo artist, I personally found it hard to look at him, more due to the piercings, nose/ear rings (don't know if that is the right term for that). But I think he probably thinks it looks great and is doing it for himself and not to attract clients or anything. So yeah for him.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Wed 17 Jun, 2009 3:58 PM Quote
I'd sue him

Hanne
Hanne Posted Wed 17 Jun, 2009 9:29 PM Quote
I reckon she wanted the stars, saw the results and the reactions of her family and then regretted it. In any case, no one should tatoo something like that in the face of a teenager.

Anne, I don't know if I'd call those nose rings. They're more like big holes IN the nose. I wonder what he does with all the snot when he has a cold.

gromit373
gromit373 Posted Thu 18 Jun, 2009 12:14 AM Quote
actually it's weird, right before i saw this post, my dutch friend and i were talking about tattoos, and then she mentioned this-- i sent her the youtube link, and apparently the report is in dutch so she could actually understand it! looks like the girl said she had drawn all these stars on her face with eyeliner or something, to see what it would look like, then decided she didn't like it and just wanted 3 stars-- but she took a picture to the artist, and somehow he understood that she wanted the picture, not just 3..... he seems to be cool w/ paying for the removal though, he doesn't want anyone to be unhappy w/ his work, which is nice of him! my friend also said she heard that off the record this girl did get bad reactions from her dad and boyfriend, like someone mentioned above, and that's why she changed her mind.... anyway, lesson learned-- tattoos are permanent! unless you want to go thru laser removal.....

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Thu 18 Jun, 2009 4:19 AM Quote
why didn't she tell him to stop when she realized he was making more than 3 stars? It's kinda hard to ignore the needle in your face!
I think it's very nice from him to pay the laser treatment...

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 18 Jun, 2009 4:32 AM Quote
Disturbing.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Fri 19 Jun, 2009 4:00 AM Quote
I watched this video yesterday, and the only thing I can't get is how she could fell asleep while getting a tattoo...if she was really sleeping.

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Fri 19 Jun, 2009 7:40 PM Quote
So who's lieing? The girl or the tattooist?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 23 Jun, 2009 9:12 PM Quote
I saw on the news today that the girl admitted she lied. She asked for all those stars but when her father freaked out she made up this "I was asleep" story.

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Wed 24 Jun, 2009 2:54 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I saw on the news today that the girl admitted she lied. She asked for all those stars but when her father freaked out she made up this "I was asleep" story.

Yeah l thought so. She was very suspicious.

56 stars? ls she mad?

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 4:59 PM