Travis

Re: Watched
leticia
leticia Posted Tue 16 Jun, 2009 10:14 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
leticia wrote:
BBC's version is more faithful to the original. But I liked the new version more and Matthew Macfadyen's portrait of Mr Darcy is pretty good. Also, the soundtrack is amazing. You should download it if you like classical music...

I have watched this movie more than 10 times... and I still get nervous when the ending is near!

Do you know where i can dowload it ?

Yeh! You've got mail :)

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Wed 17 Jun, 2009 9:07 AM Quote

I love that book, I've read it like 10 times in my life!! and I love the BBC version... Colin Firth is really gorgeous in that version... he's the perfect Mr. Darcy!!

minnmess wrote:
The Keira Knightly version is okay, but nothing touches the BBC version. There is no other Mr Darcy.

Absolutely agree!!

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Wed 17 Jun, 2009 12:18 PM Quote
About the BBC version, has anyone noticed how different Mr Darcy looks at the beginning versus the end of the film ?
He's more groomed, agreable to look at.
I assume it was done on purpose as we discover his true nature by the end of the film, not the beginning.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Wed 17 Jun, 2009 12:34 PM Quote
Hm, I think that Colin Firth is great as Mr Darcy... But isn't he a bit too grumpy?

gromit373
gromit373 Posted Wed 17 Jun, 2009 2:26 PM Quote
too grumpy! no such thing! mostly b/c that's the way his character is supposed to come off to the bennets etc in the beginning, but he does soften later in the miniseries just as his character and the perception of his character do...... sigh, of course, i am a bit biased towards colin firth, but i'm also a big fan of austen and a stickler for authenticity, so i think i balance myself out :)

ps-- P&P&Z (zombies!) is supposedly going to be a film in a few years! can't wait :) simon pegg should totally be in it...

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Wed 17 Jun, 2009 3:28 PM Quote
gromit373 wrote:

ps-- P&P&Z (zombies!) is supposedly going to be a film in a few years! can't wait :) simon pegg should totally be in it...

Haha, I'm really not surprised, it'd make a good film. I'd be interested to see who'd be in it!

ayana
ayana Posted Wed 17 Jun, 2009 6:30 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
for the umpteenth time (BBC version)...

Where are the Mr Darcy of modern times ?

You mean a guy who would be rich, handsome, intelligent and ready to do everything for the woman he loves?
We all know there's no such thing... At best, they can match two of these criteria at the same time... :p

Btw is the BBC version you're talking about the one ending with the double wedding?

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 17 Jun, 2009 11:26 PM Quote
I've never seen the BBC version. I think I'll look for it the next time I'm at the video store.

gromit373
gromit373 Posted Thu 18 Jun, 2009 12:09 AM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
I've never seen the BBC version. I think I'll look for it the next time I'm at the video store.

ooooh if you're at all a fan of the book (and/or colin firth), you should definitely see it!! hands down the best austen adaptation i've seen... forget the video store, you're gonna want to buy this as you'll watch it repeatedly :)

yurieee
yurieee Posted Thu 18 Jun, 2009 7:04 AM Quote
leticia wrote:

I have watched this movie more than 10 times... and I still get nervous when the ending is near!

This is exactly what i did and feel..

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Fri 19 Jun, 2009 3:31 PM Quote
ayana wrote:
AbsGinger wrote:
for the umpteenth time (BBC version)...

Where are the Mr Darcy of modern times ?

You mean a guy who would be rich, handsome, intelligent and ready to do everything for the woman he loves?
We all know there's no such thing... At best, they can match two of these criteria at the same time... :p

Btw is the BBC version you're talking about the one ending with the double wedding?

Yep. The BBC version is the one with both weddings.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 11:02 PM