Travis

One grad student's plea for an interview
gromit373
gromit373 Posted Mon 15 Jun, 2009 5:10 PM Quote
This post goes out to the four lads with big hearts... I'm currently a postgrad at Trinity College Dublin, and I'm doing a Masters dissertation kind of prompted by you guys :) I've of course always loved your music, but I've also been inspired by your concerted (no pun intended) acts of kindness like action for Save the Children, collaboration on charity albums, and involvement with cancer patients.

My dissertation is on musicians like you guys who are trying to effect real social change, and basically I'm writing not only to tell you how much you rock, but also to see if anyone would be available for an interview in the next few months. I would love to be able to sit down with Fran or Andy or Dougie or Neil (or all of you!), or to do a phone interview or something, but I understand life's busy especially with the tour...

Just thought I'd ask, as it would be a huge help for my research and also pretty awesome! If someone could let me know please, I'd greatly appreciate anything you could get back to me with, even if it's a no... Thanks a million! Keep rocking the rest of the summer gigs!!

Christine (lovewillcomethru@gmail.com)

Re: One grad student's plea for an interview
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 15 Jun, 2009 8:43 PM Quote
Hi Christine :)

I'm not sure how often Fran or the others look on here at the moment so you could try him on his myspace, Travis' myspace, his twitter or send the management a good old fashioned letter (whack Travis address into the search box).

In the meantime you can maybe scrounge some quotes from here, here or here. Best of luck with your work and I hope you can talk to one of the boys. I take it you can't get a grant to go to a Norwegian festival for research purposes? :P

cornflakes
cornflakes Posted Mon 15 Jun, 2009 9:29 PM Quote

cornflakes
cornflakes Posted Mon 15 Jun, 2009 9:29 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name has said everything :-)

you will also find some links about articles & audio interviews they made about the charity concert and cancer gig here links

cross my 10 fingers you get a reply :-)

gromit373
gromit373 Posted Wed 17 Jun, 2009 2:37 PM Quote
sweet, thanks guys! yeah i've found some articles (and have of course been following them closely since way back when), so i'm putting together whatever info i can in the meantime... but still hoping someone in charge of something will eventually get back to me! and maybe also remember that they've left out dublin on tour this year :(

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Wed 17 Jun, 2009 6:58 PM Quote
Hey good luck with your request . It sounds a really worthwhile piece of work too :)

gromit373
gromit373 Posted Thu 18 Jun, 2009 10:51 AM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
Hey good luck with your request . It sounds a really worthwhile piece of work too :)

thanks! yeah i'm just hoping to do the subject justice (no pun intended)...

oh and boy w/ cryptic name, thanks again for the suggestions; i posted on all their other sites (myspace etc), so hopefully i'll get a bite somewhere :)

joss
joss Posted Thu 18 Jun, 2009 10:55 AM Quote
good work, Christine!:-) interesting text. You must do it!

elodie
elodie Posted Thu 18 Jun, 2009 12:26 PM Quote
this is so interesting ! good luck with your request ! :-)

singme0430
singme0430 Posted Thu 18 Jun, 2009 4:38 PM Quote
Sounds awesome. Good luck, Christine! :D

gromit373
gromit373 Posted Fri 19 Jun, 2009 1:55 PM Quote
thanks for the good wishes guys! i'll let you all know how it goes :)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:39 PM