Travis

Re: Familiar?
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 06 Jun, 2009 2:10 PM Quote
It would be a bit silly to be jealous of Coldplay, blaming them of stealing Travis spot. They are two great individual bands who performs at completely different stages. If Coldplay does something it doesn't necessarily has something to do with Travis and vice versa. You could just as well go on and blame The Beatles for Coldplays success :P First of all these kind of albums have been done forever. Second Mr. Martin hasn't confirmed this at www.coldplay.com yet..

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Sat 06 Jun, 2009 8:01 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
I'd like to see Chris writing a story through various songs because his lyrics might make a bit more sense then :)

lol sort of true...
but come on, chris' songwriting is pure genius... need proof?

--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxCfgUxaIlg

xDD

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 06 Jun, 2009 8:38 PM Quote
I think that Chris Martin has much better things to do with his time than shadowing Travis. As always, if a concept is made popular then record companies will push similar bands. I'd like to see Chris writing a story through various songs because his lyrics might make a bit more sense then :)

Haha sooooooooooooooooo agree with u :D :D

At Ben: hehe :) again I disagree with you :) but let's just say we agree on disagreeing :)D

Have a nice day youse :)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 06 Jun, 2009 8:39 PM Quote
Sarah- wrote:
I'd like to see Chris writing a story through various songs because his lyrics might make a bit more sense then :)

lol sort of true...
but come on, chris' songwriting is pure genius... need proof?

--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxCfgUxaIlg

xDD

Lol Chris is a good guy, he gets a lot of stick in the press. Great writer and his lyrics are getting somewhere, bless him :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 06 Jun, 2009 9:01 PM Quote
Nell wrote:
At Ben: hehe :) again I disagree with you :) but let's just say we agree on disagreeing :)D

How can you agree with James and disagree with me? We're both saying it's nonsense that Chris Martin is following Travis. lol :) I agree with most people who have posted in this thread. It's complete nonsense to assume Chris Martin is getting his ideas from what Travis do. You don't agree with that? :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 06 Jun, 2009 9:06 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
It would be a bit silly to be jealous of Coldplay, blaming them of stealing Travis spot. They are two great individual bands who performs at completely different stages. If Coldplay does something it doesn't necessarily has something to do with Travis and vice versa. You could just as well go on and blame The Beatles for Coldplays success :P First of all these kind of albums have been done forever. Second Mr. Martin hasn't confirmed this at www.coldplay.com yet..

Well said Alex. I see nobody here saying Green Day should be mentioning Travis. Their last album is a story. It's all do to with this Coldplay v Travis thing. Why do people always have to be so suspicious?

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 06 Jun, 2009 9:38 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Nell wrote:

How can you agree with James and disagree with me? We're both saying it's nonsense that Chris Martin is following Travis. I agree with most people who have posted in this thread. It's complete nonsense to assume Chris Martin is getting his ideas from what Travis do. You don't agree with that?

Haha :) Am I offending you? ;) Don't mean to...

I agree with James' line: "I'd like to see Chris writing a story through various songs because his lyrics might make a bit more sense then :) "

And I said earlier that I don't believe either that they're copying Travis, but I do think - and that's just what aI think :) -
having talked about this story-in-an-album-thing before with other bands who've done that f.i. Travis - and then announcing to do the same thing a few months after - this decision has in my opinion been influenced by these talks or whatever.

Maybe they're influenced by any other band who's done it before Travis even - I just don't think it's Chris' idea.
My right to believe, right? ;) And again, the timing :)

Or maybe it's the record company or whatever's been said earlier.
I do not mean this as a negative thing :) I'm really looking forward to the record ;)

So it may look as nonsense to you - but hey :) it's just my opinion.

And I know you'll disagree with me - again :)

...it's just:

like X writes a book about a circus. And then one of his friends Y says a few months later wow: I'm gonna write a book about a clown! ;)

Hey may be influenced or not - who knows. I'm not taking it too serious..

Ps: besides this has nothing to do (for me) with how big Travis is as a band. You can be influenced even by a minor unknown band or just a friend or something - and since they're friends....

So..I tried to explain myself - sorry I took so much space. I don't think it's much of a deal.
So let's jsut say we disagree on a question we can't prove :) maybe it's nonsense maybe it's not. who knows :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 06 Jun, 2009 10:30 PM Quote
No, you didn't offend. :) I just thought it was strange that I said something, James then agreed, and then you soooooooo agreed with James and disagreed with me. ;)

I understand what you mean. I understand your point. But you said before that Chris Martin should have mentioned Travis. I don't see how he should have to mention Travis because they may do something slightly similar when many other bands, including Green Day, have also done an album story thing. What do you expect Chris to say, "thanks Travis for the idea." I could also quote exactly what Alex said at the top of the page now. :) Not having a go or arguing with you by the way. All is good. *hugs*

Another thing, you keep saying "the timing". If anything it's got more to do with Green Day's latest album rather than Travis'. He talks of this 10 months after Travis, 1 month after Green Day. He also said recently how much he was enjoying Green Day's album. If anything, it's Green Day and not Travis that has influenced him. The timing. ;)

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 06 Jun, 2009 10:50 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
No, you didn't offend. :) I just thought it was strange that I said something, James then agreed, and then you soooooooo agreed with James and disagreed with me. ;)

I understand what you mean. I understand your point. But you said before that Chris Martin should have mentioned Travis. I don't see how he should have to mention Travis because they may do something slightly similar when many other bands, including Green Day, have also done an album story thing. What do you expect Chris to say, "thanks Travis for the idea." I could also quote exactly what Alex said at the top of the page now. :) Not having a go or arguing with you by the way. All is good. *hugs*

Another thing, you keep saying "the timing". If anything it's got more to do with Green Day's latest album rather than Travis'. He talks of this 10 months after Travis, 1 month after Green Day. He also said recently how much he was enjoying Green Day's album. If anything, it's Green Day and not Travis that has influenced him. The timing. ;)

:) glad :)

Well I didn't realise that bout Green Day :) but I don't know it they're in touch with them.
:) nooo of course I didn't expect something like that. But you know - just if - you take the idea from somewhere or got influenced by it - it's nice mentioning it - not like "thank you "BandX" for that and that" ...

like hey look Green Day had a brilliant idea...etc. - just IF there's a connection between those ideas :)

but you've got me so far now, that I'm not quite sure how probable it is, that there is one ..so ;)
I just thought because of the friendship between Chris and the boys...but now...;)

hehe always nice discussing with ya :)

hugs, and gnight! :)

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 06 Jun, 2009 10:57 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

Never say something when you can wait for someone else to say it and then steal their glory ;)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 06 Jun, 2009 11:12 PM Quote
Maybe Coldplay think it's a cool idea but influences normally come from many different places. I don't think influences need to be mentioned. I don't think Ode To J Smith is a direct influence on Coldplay's new album. :)

Same here. If we always agreed, we wouldn't have anything to talk about. :) Buenas noches. :)

BenFilbert wrote:

Never say something when you can wait for someone else to say it and then steal their glory ;)

I'm sorry James. My brain is trying to deduce what you're going on about. It can't. :P

Nell
Nell Posted Sun 07 Jun, 2009 9:01 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

Hahaha...

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 07 Jun, 2009 11:28 PM Quote
Nell wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Hahaha...

Yes, it's hilarious. I would laugh but my sides would split.

Nell
Nell Posted Mon 08 Jun, 2009 12:09 PM Quote

Haha you guys are better than comedy

I'd love to see a discussion in real life with u guys..must be cool...

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 08 Jun, 2009 4:40 PM Quote
Nell wrote:
I'd love to see a discussion in real life with u guys..must be cool...

If it ever happens we'll send out invites.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 5:37 PM